District 7-A

district very weak, they were weak last year but not so much as this year JC, PC, and clay all lost their best players and C'range without Jones so district 8 may dominate a weak region.I look for FC, Gordonsville and Trousdale co. to have fair teams but short lived in post season.

i agree that district 8 will dominate the region this year but not Gville and TC. the top 2 teams in district 8 should be FC (by far) and watertown (distant second) both have good coaches and players. i wouldnt be surprised it these 2 teams met for the district and region championship games this year.

district very weak, they were weak last year but not so much as this year JC, PC, and clay all lost their best players and C'range without Jones so district 8 may dominate a weak region.I look for FC, Gordonsville and Trousdale co. to have fair teams but short lived in post season.

i agree that district 8 will dominate the region this year but not Gville and TC. the top 2 teams in district 8 should be FC (by far) and watertown (distant second) both have good coaches and players. i wouldnt be surprised it these 2 teams met for the district and region championship games this year.

I believe it will be pc and crange again. Ya crange lost jones but that was all. If they do get the big guy from crossville then jonnes is replacd. They have been playing well in the previous camps. Clarkrange has a deeper team than last year, which will help a lot. They play one of better defenses I've seen in district for a long time. As long as they continue that they have more than a shot at district or region

I believe it will be pc and crange again. Ya crange lost jones but that was all. If they do get the big guy from crossville then jonnes is replacd. They have been playing well in the previous camps. Clarkrange has a deeper team than last year, which will help a lot. They play one of better defenses I've seen in district for a long time. As long as they continue that they have more than a shot at district or region

i know FC ran over C-Range in the MTSU camp by about 22 or 25 while they only had 7 or 8 people playing (2 hurt and some just absent). the C-Range team that i saw play in camp didnt impress me at all. :geek:

I don't think district 8a will dominate. What teams will dominate from district 8a? Ok is as far as the teams in the region comes and there is only 1 or 2 OK teams. Pickett County is probably returning the best team in 7a, followed by Clarkrange. Those 2 teams will easily beat #3 and down for 8a. Friendship will be a decent team but nothing special. Though Pickett got a new coach I still think they'll take the region, just a gut feeling. However, whoever makes it out of the region will get stomped in the sub-state. Last year we had some decent teams in the region and 3 of the most talented ball players to come through the region in a while, in Wes Grace, Jordan Godwin, and Trent Boles. This year I don't know of any solid players coming back that could dominate and take over a game like those 3 could...

Edited by swanson71

i know FC ran over C-Range in the MTSU camp by about 22 or 25 while they only had 7 or 8 people playing (2 hurt and some just absent). the C-Range team that i saw play in camp didnt impress me at all. :geek:

I wasn't at the MTSU camps so they very well could've gotten ran over by FC. I went to all the tech camps and they played decent for the most part. Yes they were nothing amazing but played a few good games. If they played the same type of game in MTSU you prolly noticed that they are a 3 pt shooting team and are VERY VERY small. the SG is the tallest player on the team at 6'1. Granted the camp teams will struggle because of a huge height problem. but if they do get the big man that is supposed to be then they will be tough. But again any teamn that lives by the 3 can also die by the 3. It should be a fun season to watch.

I don't think district 8a will dominate. What teams will dominate from district 8a? Ok is as far as the teams in the region comes and there is only 1 or 2 OK teams. Pickett County is probably returning the best team in 7a, followed by Clarkrange. Those 2 teams will easily beat #3 and down for 8a. Friendship will be a decent team but nothing special. Though Pickett got a new coach I still think they'll take the region, just a gut feeling. However, whoever makes it out of the region will get stomped in the sub-state. Last year we had some decent teams in the region and 3 of the most talented ball players to come through the region in a while, in Wes Grace, Jordan Godwin, and Trent Boles. This year I don't know of any solid players coming back that could dominate and take over a game like those 3 could...

the only dominating players left in the region are Sandoval and Patterson (FC) Bates (Watertown) and thats about it. so it seems to me like FC should be able to win their district and possibly the region. its hard to beat a team who holds the 2 overall best players in the region.

the only dominating players left in the region are Sandoval and Patterson (FC) Bates (Watertown) and thats about it. so it seems to me like FC should be able to win their district and possibly the region. its hard to beat a team who holds the 2 overall best players in the region.

that's the funniest thing I have EVER heard. FC is not even close to having the best two players in the region..bates is better, roop, the henry twins...

that's the funniest thing I have EVER heard. FC is not even close to having the best two players in the region..bates is better, roop, the henry twins...

bates is a great player. the "marshmallow twins" are good shooters. Sandoval is easily the best overall and most versatile player in the region. he can be a threat at any position against any team. Patterson and Bates are about equall. Bates just stands out a lil more cause the players around him arent as good as the players around Patterson and Sandoval. I just think Patterson has better defense. No doubt that Bates is a player to watch out for though.

i got no idea who this roop kid you speak of is though

bates is a great player. the "marshmallow twins" are good shooters. Sandoval is easily the best overall and most versatile player in the region. he can be a threat at any position against any team. Patterson and Bates are about equall. Bates just stands out a lil more cause the players around him arent as good as the players around Patterson and Sandoval. I just think Patterson has better defense. No doubt that Bates is a player to watch out for though.

i got no idea who this roop kid you speak of is though

In my opinion, the smaller henry brother(i can't remember his name), is the best player in 7-A. He is a very very good shooter, but he can also put the ball on the floor. Clarkrange has no problem having energy on offense because the matchup zone they play(which is somehow very effective) seems to require very little effort and movement.

But i do agree on sandoval being one of the most, if not the most, versatile player in the region. If he improved his ballhandling just a little more, no one could stop him in man to man.

In my opinion, the smaller henry brother(i can't remember his name), is the best player in 7-A. He is a very very good shooter, but he can also put the ball on the floor. Clarkrange has no problem having energy on offense because the matchup zone they play(which is somehow very effective) seems to require very little effort and movement.

But i do agree on sandoval being one of the most, if not the most, versatile player in the region. If he improved his ballhandling just a little more, no one could stop him in man to man.

i would be very suprised if you could name someone who stopped him last year in a man to man defense. :popcorneater: