2nd Annual "Play for Tay" Tourney

Weave

I am also posting this on the Travel Teams board BUT.......Taylor Filorimo is a rising sophomore on the Riverdale softball team. I know some of the HS coaches have connections to fall travel teams, so please pass this information along. Thx, Weave

2nd Annual

Play for Tay Benefit Tournament

August 27-28, 2011

Memorial Park, Lavergne, Tennessee

Ages 8U-18U

Format: Two pool, double elimination

Cost: 10U-18U, $250; 8U, $125

This will be an ASA sanctioned event using ASA modified rules and certified umpires. Game balls will not be provided. Team trophies will be award for 1st & 2nd place, 1st place team players will receive PLAY FOR TAY CHAMPIONS T-shirts.

In August of 2009 Taylor Filorimo was diagnosed with a rare form of renal cell carcinoma (RCC). As of December 29, 2009, her scans showed the cancer had spread to the right lung. They ultimately removed three tumors and 5% of the lung. It is now metastatic renel cell carcinoma papillary Type 2 with cancer in both lungs. She is undergoing treatments in Washington, D.C. and is the youngest known patient with this type of cancer.

Tay’s philosophy on her diagnosis: “I will not let the fear of cancer strike me out.â€

All proceeds from tournament will go to Tay and the Filorimo family.

Contact information: Mark Messick, 615-428-0879, mmessick40@yahoo.com