East Robertson Jamboree 2011

Shep

Springfield never played in the Red River Conference , the Jackets played in the North Central Conference which had Murfreesbro Central, Gallatin, Lebanon, Clarksville, Portland and BGA. Years later Murfreesbro Oakland and Clkv. Northwest were in the NCC, and Gallatin and Lebanon went to the MTC. Portland left in 1969 when classification started. White House, Greenbrier, East Robertson and Jo Byrns were in the RRC and played on a regular basis, I think Ashland City was in a conference with the now closed Charlotte, White Bluff, along with Dover and Erin. The barns are firing and its time for some football! YES!!!

I stand corrected. I just remember seeing JB and AC scores in old yearbooks.

Edited by Shep

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Jo Byrns will be the team to beat this year. That is impressive tying a top notch 4A program tonight.

We aren't even a top five team in the West, must less the East. Huntingdon,Wayne,Perry,Union City,and Lake County are better. ;)

In all seriousness,South Pitt has a much better team than White House has.They don't have the size or quickness SP has.

Edited by RedDevil88

We aren't even a top five team in the West, must less the East. Huntingdon,Wayne,Perry,Union City,and Lake County are better. ;)

In all seriousness,South Pitt has a much better team than White House has.They don't have the size or quickness SP has.

I agree 88...while it was good to get a tie with a good 4A team, SP is a better team than WH. I don't want to take anything away from JB tonight but it's probably not as impressive as it may sound or seem. With that said, JB should be pleased with the results. We showed a lot of explosiveness on offense and I'm pleased with that. Their tackling was terrible at times though.

We showed a lot of explosiveness on offense and I'm pleased with that. Their tackling was terrible at times though.

I was very pleased with the offense. Like you said though,the tackling was horrible.Hitting up high,and just not getting off the blocks fast enough.Like Coach Johnny Majors used to say:"Attack, attack, attack... always attack."

Back to the offense I was pleased with Quincy,Jesse Hunt,and of course Frankie.I thought Brandon Adkins did real well also.....the defense scares me a little though.

I was very pleased with the offense. Like you said though,the tackling was horrible.Hitting up high,and just not getting off the blocks fast enough.Like Coach Johnny Majors used to say:"Attack, attack, attack... always attack."

Back to the offense I was pleased with Quincy,Jesse Hunt,and of course Frankie.I thought Brandon Adkins did real well also.....the defense scares me a little though.

Yeah Jesse Hunt is a great changeup to Frankie; we really needed him to step up and he has. The defense is suspect but it's somewhat understandable with 7-8 new starters.