Blackman 2011

Is "knuck it up" a middle TN term?

Don't believe the stuff you read on here. Our boys are undersized, weak, slow and a bit timid. You guys don't need to be concerned about the game with us.

That checks not cashin, do you have another form of payment? :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

No "Knuck it up" is an uneducated term. That is why we all think it was funny that a East Tn Hillbilly would question it.

Let me see if I can educate you just a bit.

1. SM is in Southeast TN just like South Pitt. Now Maryville, Greeneville, Alcoa and Knox Webb are all in East TN but we do share something in common with all these teams. I'm sure even an uneducated person can guess what that is. But just in case you can't let me give you a hint 2010 State Champions!!!

2. We have Mountain Men here not Hillbillies and there is a big difference as you will soon find out.

3. Only uneducated people understand uneducated terms. Seems like that shoe fits you pretty well. :roflol:

Is "knuck it up" a middle TN term?

Don't believe the stuff you read on here. Our boys are undersized, weak, slow and a bit timid. You guys don't need to be concerned about the game with us.

I dont have to believe anything thats written on here, our district has faced Coach Price quite a few times, and as previously stated, he's a riverboat gambler. Kudos to Signal Mountain for playing up

Yea we may have to try to out score folk until the pups on defense settle in and get their sea legs under them. I don't know if you followed the thread on Signal and their 7 on 7's evidently they like to knuck it up from time to time. :popcorneater:

As Smeags has said, don't believe what people might say about us bein' fighters. There is alot more to the history between Soddy and Signal, and hopefully, that is all behind us now. Our guys just play hardnosed, intense football, as you would expect from a Bill Price team. We've never had a player ejected for fighting (neither has Coach Price in all his years) and not really many unsportsman like penalties for pushing and shoving. But...the guys don't take it from nobody. I hope you will be impressed after the game that our program and our players are a class act.

Blackman was my first choice when we were trying to fill our non-district schedule, and from the sound of it, looks like yall got a great chance of being in CookeVegas this year. I'm looking forward to our trip to the Boro, and I hope to see a good, hardnosed, exciting game. :thumb:

Let me get my 2 cents in. When Price was at Coffee County, Oakland beat him every year. Oakland Patriots is correct, he goes for it on 4th down just about every single time. The man is quite a character. He is emotional and an in your face kind of coach. But, it never seemed to pay off for him against us. From what I hear, he is "playing up" so he doesn't have to be in the same classification as Rankin at Alcoa. So much for the applause in my opinion. So it seems he won the state championship in 2A playing with 3 A numbers. Now while that is commendable to win the state at any level, it sort of diminishes it for me to see the population he had there. As for Blackman, if it makes you guys feel studly to take on a state champion, why not trying playing Maryville or Alcoa ?

Let me get my 2 cents in. When Price was at Coffee County, Oakland beat him every year. Oakland Patriots is correct, he goes for it on 4th down just about every single time. The man is quite a character. He is emotional and an in your face kind of coach. But, it never seemed to pay off for him against us. From what I hear, he is "playing up" so he doesn't have to be in the same classification as Rankin at Alcoa. So much for the applause in my opinion. So it seems he won the state championship in 2A playing with 3 A numbers. Now while that is commendable to win the state at any level, it sort of diminishes it for me to see the population he had there. As for Blackman, if it makes you guys feel studly to take on a state champion, why not trying playing Maryville or Alcoa ?

Duh! Cause we ain't stupid. Besides if you remember just 3 short years ago we waz nuttin, 3 years later weza contenda! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad