East Hickman Eagles

eaglepride

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We scrimaged them boys in the spring. Perry Co had their way with them . I will say my opinion is they have a big team in numbers and size. I dont see why the coach is running the spread when if I had the meat up front he does I would run right at you. 3 to 4 yds and a cloud of dust would better suit his team. I think he would have a better chance of winning and would at least keep the score close. Perry Co could have run the score up on them.

I dont know if he ever will ground and pound.........the spread dont work for us, never has, we dont have the types of atheletes to go that route(well...... maybe against Hickman or Mont Central) he will need to go with what is the obvious. I dont think there is any real power backs on this team that I have seen so far that can run the ball with authority ( yet ). His star thug has graduated so it will be interesting to see who he empowers this year as King's King ? The key will be a tough defense, if they can stop some teams from scoring at will they will win some games.He has made claim he is going to teach some real defense?????? I have yet to see it so far. I am excited to see the team next year (this years sophmores) if he handles them correctly he will finally have a good team and win some games. I hope this is a productive year......we will see what happens..........good luck boys.......

Coach Harris has been the difference maker in preparing these kids for the next level, they learn sound fundamentals, and he knows how to coach the kids and how to win games. Comparing middle school to high school is the same in my book,the game is the same,rules are the same, plays are made, defense still does what they are supposed to do,only difference is some middle schoolers have not developed yet to thier potential , it is the Coaches responsibility to use the tools he has to make it work for the team. No matter how bad the Coach is , There is some good talent coming up,I think it is getting close to East winning some games ,he cant screw up no matter what he does.

No matter how bad the Coach is , There is some good talent coming up,I think it is getting close to East winning some games ,he cant screw up no matter what he does.

They haven't proven anything at the high school level yet. Until this is the case they aren't a "solution". Comments that are "coach killers" such as your post above aren't going to lead to a "solution" either.

They haven't proven anything at the high school level yet. Until this is the case they aren't a "solution". Comments that are "coach killers" such as your post above aren't going to lead to a "solution" either.

Sorry....... cant have faith in,or support one who has done the things he has so far and managed to keep is job. We 100% support the kids....... Anyways we are not talking about "coach killers" trying to discuss how this season may turn out....... dont like the post....Dont read it. go on to the next one......

Speaking of talent if I am not mistaken there was a younger Voyles brother,is he playing football? The one that graduated was hands down the best football player I have seen come out of Hickman County, I would figure his brother would be making some noise. Anybody have a update? Who is the Quarterback and running backs? I know Trey Phillips will be a stud but he is only a sophmore this year. I figure the King boy will be Q back, ( he should of been Q back all year in my book) anybody have any ideas?

Speaking of talent if I am not mistaken there was a younger Voyles brother,is he playing football? The one that graduated was hands down the best football player I have seen come out of Hickman County, I would figure his brother would be making some noise. Anybody have a update? Who is the Quarterback and running backs? I know Trey Phillips will be a stud but he is only a sophmore this year. I figure the King boy will be Q back, ( he should of been Q back all year in my book) anybody have any ideas?

The King kid should be a real good QB this year and a great one the next couple of years, and as far as the Phillips kid he will be a real work horse, hope coach lets him use all he has and does not handcuff him like he did the Voyles kid. And I heard the younger brother plays golf. Does anybody know why we have 6 road games and only 4 home game??