GREENBRIER @ SPRINGFIELD

If we were talking about the Springfield teams of 1991-1994 then I'd boost them up however from 1995-2010 the Yellow Jackets have won a total of 4 playoff games (2 of those came in 1997 alone).

Greenbrier has proven year in and year out that they can get into the playoffs and win games. Outside of the 2006 season I'd say that every year since the start of the 2002 season has been successful for Greenbrier fans.

Springfield better not think "they have this one in the bag" because they'll be in for a huge surprise if they overlook the Bobcats.

Springfield won't over look anyone

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't win, but Greenbrier will be consistent like they always are. I believe they beat Springfield two years ago on the road? Veteran offensive line including a couple HUGE tackles (6'5", 320lbs and 6'3", 280lbs), 3-year starter in backfield, a more athletic quarterback, and a district tackle leader at MLB from last year. I agree with the cooler heads on here: steady programs bring steady results.

Still a loss for Greenbrier though: 27-17 Springfield wins.

Extremely hard game to watch. Very little offense for either team. I expected that from Greenbriar but not from SPringfield. I dont think GB had much over 100 total yards in that game. Yellow Jackets played mediocre, but they still pulled out a good win. if you're a fan of defense you would have loved that one :mrgreen:

Extremely hard game to watch. Very little offense for either team. I expected that from Greenbriar but not from SPringfield. I dont think GB had much over 100 total yards in that game. Yellow Jackets played mediocre, but they still pulled out a good win. if you're a fan of defense you would have loved that one :mrgreen:

Yes it was a very dry game. I think Springfield was a little overrated neither team looked very good last night. GB better step it up or they are gonna be getting moral victories all year, which doesnt count for anything at the end of the season.

Edited by wariors24

Greenbrier won't be playing against the caliber of athletes that Springfield has on the field every week throughout this season either. The Bobcats next 2 games are against Creek Wood & Sycamore and while both of those teams will be tough battles neither of them are as athletic at Springfield. Greenbrier had to play some good defense to slow down the Yellow Jackets offensive attack.