Greeneville 4a State champs vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

Perkins was running sprints with the team in shorts Monday, Malone has Doc appointment today have not heard anything else. They dont need to rush it. We will need them for the rest of the year. SH looks to be tough this year hope we come out ready to play, GO BIG GREENE

Thanks for the update. It sounds like Perkins is recovering well. I completely agree with you about not rushing the injuries.

I’m assuming that means the rest of the injured players will be ready to go for Science Hill.

Science Hill's QB is dangerous. If he gets some help with dropped balls, this game could have been a different story.

Good job Devils. Great way to open the season for both teams. This kind of game will pay off come playoff time for both teams. Much better than playing some cupcake and winning 59-0.

Good luck to both teams.

First of all, great game Science Hill. You guys are on the right track in the long run, and I’ll be pulling for you the rest of the season.

For Greeneville, I’m actually very pleased with this game. GHS obviously made a ton of mistakes, but that is probably to be expected for the first game. However, when you have a couple key players who didn’t play at all (Malone and Perkins), Hall and Rollins go out for a while, Stewart gets banged up a little, miss two extra points and a field goal (very unusual), throw an interception and have a ton of penalties at bad times, but you are still able to beat a quality 6A team then that says something about your potential. Once Greeneville gets everyone back healthy and cut down on the mistakes, this will be a VERY good team.

It is always good to survive that first game. I’m just happy they came out with a lot of energy, because that DB scrimmage had me a little worried. 16 in a row, way to go Greene Devils!!!

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

So what happened?

Did SH play Bad and Gville good or was it closer than the score suggested or what? JW..we play SH next week.

This may not be popular with the Science Hill crowd but I think Greeneville dominated most of the game, except for the actual score. They said on the radio that Greeneville had possession for around 35 minutes in the game (not sure if true). Greeneville had a chance to put it away late in the second quarter but threw an interception, then Science Hill went down to score and got them back into the game.

Science Hill showed moments of great football and had a few big plays, so I think they will get things worked out and be a good football team.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

So what happened?

Did SH play Bad and Gville good or was it closer than the score suggested or what? JW..we play SH next week.

much like greenedevils fan said, GHS had a shot at putting this one away in the second quarter, but soph zack finchum over threw a wide open reciever and was picked....SH took it down field and scored and the complexion of the game changed...Greeneville actually " MANHANDLED " SH up front on both sides. ( i used manhandled because i saw a SH fan earlier in this thread say that SH would manhandle GSH based on GHS's scrimmage vs DB.) total yardage i beleive was in the neigborhood of 350 for greeneville and 160 or so for SH...Best of luck to science hill the rest of the way....oh, was anyone else puzzled at Stacey Carters decision to just let the clock run out at the end? He had 2 t.o's when ghs got the ball with 3 mins left and never called a timeout..and from the 1 minute on, the clock basically ran continuously...granted, GHS had the ball deep in SH territory, but to me, that sends a bad message to his team.

This may not be popular with the Science Hill crowd but I think Greeneville dominated most of the game, except for the actual score. They said on the radio that Greeneville had possession for around 35 minutes in the game (not sure if true). Greeneville had a chance to put it away late in the second quarter but threw an interception, then Science Hill went down to score and got them back into the game.

Science Hill showed moments of great football and had a few big plays, so I think they will get things worked out and be a good football team.

Greeneville dominated in this game. According to the classless Stacy Carter's comments in the paper, SH "coulda, shoulda, woulda" won this game. Accept the fact that you got manhandled by a superior team. GHS won every aspect of the game. The scoreboard said 26-18, but the game showed 42-12. Sorry but someone should tell Carter that some 4A teams, especially the Greene one, is physicaly and will hit you in the mouth.

Greeneville dominated in this game. According to the classless Stacy Carter's comments in the paper, SH "coulda, shoulda, woulda" won this game. Accept the fact that you got manhandled by a superior team. GHS won every aspect of the game. The scoreboard said 26-18, but the game showed 42-12. Sorry but someone should tell Carter that some 4A teams, especially the Greene one, is physicaly and will hit you in the mouth.

Your gonna' get the Carter Cult upset if your not careful.