Mcminn Central vs. McMinn Co.

ctrain3212

sounds like it will be same story different year! anyone know what the roster looks like for the chargers? heard they have had a lot of players quit.

They did have some to quit but we are still much improved from last season. I believe the guys that quit will regret that decision. The roster has around 43-44 players last count. Wyatt has been moved to Fullback with Levi Holley taking back the QB position. We looked a little weak at the WR position on the deep routes but a lot of that is just working on the timing and finding the combination that's going to work. They have a dozen or more receivers and are still sorting through them for the starters. RB's looked good and the and so did the D. O-line is going to get better by game time and if the passing game can start clicking deep we may surprize alot of people. I'm telling you readers, you need to come out and see it for yourselves. Blue Pride is back in town.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did have some to quit but we are still much improved from last season. I believe the guys that quit will regret that decision. The roster has around 43-44 players last count. Wyatt has been moved to Fullback with Levi Holley taking back the QB position. We looked a little weak at the WR position on the deep routes but a lot of that is just working on the timing and finding the combination that's going to work. They have a dozen or more receivers and are still sorting through them for the starters. RB's looked good and the and so did the D. O-line is going to get better by game time and if the passing game can start clicking deep we may surprize alot of people. I'm telling you readers, you need to come out and see it for yourselves. Blue Pride is back in town.

43 or 44 is about the number central has every year, so thats good....i hope your right, i will be there to see if they play with the kind of hart i hear of on here....what would you consider a successful season? i say three wins would be great....four wins, outstanding....five wins....UT would be calling goodin for a job haha...i am cautiously optomistic that they can beat three teams..

Hang on central fans,Some act like they just won the district.Central has yet to play all four quarters in a real game,with kick offs and punting sitiuations.With the lack of depth in centrals line up,it is going be hard for the starters to go hard all four quarters.Central may be improved a little from last year,But not enough to win many games if any,per the head coach.As for the all the boys that quit,I talked to one at the gas station the other day and he said that he chose not to play his senior year because of some of the things that the coach did last year.For one example,the coaches not coming into the locker room at halftime during the meigs co. game,only being down 3 at halftime.In my opinion,That is sorry!does anyone think that a good coach would ever do that??NO.

Smokinote your right,They would not help in the long run.It would be the same boys out there this year as last year,0-10 remember.I guess they could not take playing for the low caliber of coaches they have at central.

i'm not there everyday, so i'm saying this from the outside looking in. but didn't these "low caliber" coaches win seven games two years ago? i know that team underachieved, but so did every one of the derek teams. philip fulmer couldn't coach that team a year ago to some wins...just not enough talent. as for the players that quit, there will always be a little quit in them. like the song goes, quit that team, and you'll be a quitter for the rest of your life.

i just want to see the players that stayed play to the best of their ability, every down, every game.

Smokinote your right,They would not help in the long run.It would be the same boys out there this year as last year,0-10 remember.I guess they could not take playing for the low caliber of coaches they have at central.

Get off the coaches. Yes they have a lot of room for improvement but very time the coaches are attacked the "team" is also attacked. At this point in the game "It is what it is" no amount of coach bashing or player bashing is going to help. Of course if the point and purpose is to actually hurt the program, well I guess you can be proud because that is all these negative comments do especailly at this point. I wish we could just get behind the "TEAM" and support the boys in every way. I believe we have the talent and commitment needed by the boys to win 4 or 5 games but without fan support it could easily be 1 or 2. GO BLUE

Edited by SAGINAWFAN

This is my first ever post on here,But I just had to get on here and set something strait.My name is Tommy Paul and my son Cole Paul.He has played the last three years at central,and has started the last two.He is one of the boys that everybody has been talking about on here about quiting the team this year.He did not quit anything,He decided not to play his senior year of football.To my knowledge he finished every year that he played from start to end of the season.He has never been a quitter or a loser,and never will be one!I don't think that him not playing this year will make him any less of a person or a qaulity citizen in this world as he goes on with his life as a fine well mannered,hard working young man.It was a decision that we had talked about together,and he decided not to play this year and persue other options and I support him 100%.To my knowledge he liked the coaching staff and loved the game of football.We wish the Chargers the best of luck this year,and years to come.Thank You

This is my first ever post on here,But I just had to get on here and set something strait.My name is Tommy Paul and my son Cole Paul.He has played the last three years at central,and has started the last two.He is one of the boys that everybody has been talking about on here about quiting the team this year.He did not quit anything,He decided not to play his senior year of football.To my knowledge he finished every year that he played from start to end of the season.He has never been a quitter or a loser,and never will be one!I don't think that him not playing this year will make him any less of a person or a qaulity citizen in this world as he goes on with his life as a fine well mannered,hard working young man.It was a decision that we had talked about together,and he decided not to play this year and persue other options and I support him 100%.To my knowledge he liked the coaching staff and loved the game of football.We wish the Chargers the best of luck this year,and years to come.Thank You

"decided not to play this year" and "quiting the team this year" IMO is the same thing...but hey man it is his decision and thats fine by me...i just made the comments i did because of all the reasons i have been hearing about why all the kids quit, mainly the coaches.

"decided not to play this year" and "quiting the team this year" IMO is the same thing...but hey man it is his decision and thats fine by me...i just made the comments i did because of all the reasons i have been hearing about why all the kids quit, mainly the coaches.

Smokey04, that made no sense at all what you just said about that being the same thing.This boys dad was trying to say that his son finished up last season(which would have been hard for anyone to do 0-10).I respect him for that,and not like some who wait till mid-season and quit,I don't like that.We all move on to other things all the time,jobs,hobbies,churches,schools,ect. ect.I guess everybody is a bunch of quitters and losers.So what you are saying smokey04,is that once you set foot on that football field as a freshmen or whenever,That there is no getting out until you are a senior in your last game of the year.If you do,you are labeled a quitter or loser??? Give me a break man!!Maybe this young man and the others that did not play had a good reason,From what I understand it was the coaching.

Smokey04, that made no sense at all what you just said about that being the same thing.This boys dad was trying to say that his son finished up last season(which would have been hard for anyone to do 0-10).I respect him for that,and not like some who wait till mid-season and quit,I don't like that.We all move on to other things all the time,jobs,hobbies,churches,schools,ect. ect.I guess everybody is a bunch of quitters and losers.So what you are saying smokey04,is that once you set foot on that football field as a freshmen or whenever,That there is no getting out until you are a senior in your last game of the year.If you do,you are labeled a quitter or loser??? Give me a break man!!Maybe this young man and the others that did not play had a good reason,From what I understand it was the coaching.

i see and respect your point, and realize that it was a little extreme of me to say that if u quit this you will be a quiter the rest of your life...i went through a 0-10 season and, along with several others, stuck it out and never gave up, which i am proud of...but you are right, it is better to leave now than to do it in week four or something. i just think the game of football is one of the best classrooms out there, teaches you more about the real world than any chemistry class or something, and i just believe in finishing what you started...thats just the way i was raised...i apologize if i offended anyone.

Hang on central fans,Some act like they just won the district.Central has yet to play all four quarters in a real game,with kick offs and punting sitiuations.With the lack of depth in centrals line up,it is going be hard for the starters to go hard all four quarters.Central may be improved a little from last year,But not enough to win many games if any,per the head coach.As for the all the boys that quit,I talked to one at the gas station the other day and he said that he chose not to play his senior year because of some of the things that the coach did last year.For one example,the coaches not coming into the locker room at halftime during the meigs co. game,only being down 3 at halftime.In my opinion,That is sorry!does anyone think that a good coach would ever do that??NO.

This has got to stop. Everything you put on here is directed at coaches. There have been coaches in the past that I have not always agreed with but this is ridiculus. I think it is time to go talk to these coaches instead of continually bashing them on these threads.

I was at the scrimmage and I was shocked. I was not expecting to see what I saw. MC boys had the most intesity, desire, enthusiasm, and I saw some big hits from the boys. I have no idea what this season hold but I do know these kids were having fun. Coaches have done a good job from my point of view. I am anxious to go watch them play. Depth will be the issue for McMinn game, but I gaurauntee that McMinn will know they are in a game.