Mcminn Central vs. McMinn Co.

ctrain3212

The McMinn game will be in the mercy rule by the 3rd qtr. If Centrals weekness is defending the pass the McMinn recievers will have a career. Sorry fellow Charger fans but I'm not drinking the kool aid. Final Score: McMinn- As much as Bo wants to score Central-13 with the final score coming against the McMinn drum line. :thumb:

Edited by 89charger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The McMinn game will be in the mercy rule by the 3rd qtr. If Centrals weekness is defending the pass the McMinn recievers will have a career. Sorry fellow Charger fans but I'm not drinking the kool aid. Final Score: McMinn- As much as Bo wants to score Central-13 with the final score coming against the McMinn drum line. :thumb:

nice post! but i got to agree with jwcardin.....don't see central hangin in with mcminn for longer than the kickoff....but i believe central will compete in the meigs, sweetwater, and seq games....notre dame as well. have a game with no penalties, and a few turnovers go the charger's way, then they will get a win or two.

nice post! but i got to agree with jwcardin.....don't see central hangin in with mcminn for longer than the kickoff....but i believe central will compete in the meigs, sweetwater, and seq games....notre dame as well. have a game with no penalties, and a few turnovers go the charger's way, then they will get a win or two.

What part of my post gives you the idea I think central will compete with McMinn? :shock: If you agree with jwcardin then you agree with me, right? :unsure:

What part of my post gives you the idea I think central will compete with McMinn? :shock: If you agree with jwcardin then you agree with me, right? :unsure:

i agree with jwcardin that they could beat nd and compete in the games with sweetwater, seq, and meigs. i agree with you that they can't hang with mcminn.

i agree with jwcardin that they could beat nd and compete in the games with sweetwater, seq, and meigs. i agree with you that they can't hang with mcminn.

The McMinn QB will determine how well Central can compete, if he starts off bad he could panic and make bad decisions. If he starts accurate it could be tough. In scrimmages the run stop has been Centrals strongest part of "D". DB's are in position to make plays, they are just misjudging the play - these are all correctable. McMinn has the athletes this year all over the field, but not all are football boys. They will get stronger as the year goes on. I say it is a closer game due to the early year jitters. Again we will see.

42-7 mcminn with centrals td coming against 3rd string...First i wanna address the DA'S tlkn about being a quitter..Cole paul is one of the hardest working football players i've had the priveledge of watching and playing with I graduated in 2010 and the only reason goodin had 7 games in the W column was talent pure talent it had nothing to do with coaching and the only coaches on staff at that time kids listened to was wilkerson and massengil because after derrick left kids went from being excited to play to wanting to quit. kids were so excited about football we had kids from the band lined up to play kids wannted to play but when goodin took over everything changed, even the best wanted to quit. Coaching is the single biggest thing besides inexperience that will kill this team. 1. goodin is all about the o and d lines and doesnt focus on anything else 2. he walks around telling his players they suck and wont amount to anything this season 3.there is no senior leadership going from 13 to 6 seniors just this preseason. Kids dont wanna play for this guy and i dont blame em this could be the second year where every sport is finally better than football not just baseball and basketball but soccer and even tennis too...Its time the baby blue buys outta this warhorse trash and tlks to the boosters and doug armstrong and gets the right man in the seat to coach this team and continue a tradition that central is known for. McMinn has 3 players that can absolutely blow by and college highlight films of the db's in a matter of one play. cedric nevins and pat lindsey(former charger turned cherokee after derrick left) have josh moss speed and can bend and cut like reggie bush no on centrals team beside darecio borden and denzell boyd that can hang with this team and two guys cant do everything the only way centrals D does anything is if mcminn runs up the middle all night and even then thats risky...look for central to have alot of penalty yards against on both sides of the ball...folks im telling u mcminn is real this year and central is not...its like i said earlier this is a game of alabama v. tennesse; mcminn is stacked and overloaded and central is weak small young and rebuilding dont be to excited about central especially makin comments like mcminn by 7 its just not gonna happen. I bleed blue and white but even i kno reality when i see it and ur dreamin if u thnk centrals got a chance, u better hope mcminn has a bad cas of demensia and shows up in etowah...im done now but for real all the shoulda coulda woulda burn out wanna bee's keep ur mouth shut about quitin cause u kno if u had someone in ur face urging to quit instead of picking ur self up u'd be gone too...central players keep ur heads up but dont get compacent or u will see a big 0 in the W column again.

42-7 mcminn with centrals td coming against 3rd string...First i wanna address the DA'S tlkn about being a quitter..Cole paul is one of the hardest working football players i've had the priveledge of watching and playing with I graduated in 2010 and the only reason goodin had 7 games in the W column was talent pure talent it had nothing to do with coaching and the only coaches on staff at that time kids listened to was wilkerson and massengil because after derrick left kids went from being excited to play to wanting to quit. kids were so excited about football we had kids from the band lined up to play kids wannted to play but when goodin took over everything changed, even the best wanted to quit. Coaching is the single biggest thing besides inexperience that will kill this team. 1. goodin is all about the o and d lines and doesnt focus on anything else 2. he walks around telling his players they suck and wont amount to anything this season 3.there is no senior leadership going from 13 to 6 seniors just this preseason. Kids dont wanna play for this guy and i dont blame em this could be the second year where every sport is finally better than football not just baseball and basketball but soccer and even tennis too...Its time the baby blue buys outta this warhorse trash and tlks to the boosters and doug armstrong and gets the right man in the seat to coach this team and continue a tradition that central is known for. McMinn has 3 players that can absolutely blow by and college highlight films of the db's in a matter of one play. cedric nevins and pat lindsey(former charger turned cherokee after derrick left) have josh moss speed and can bend and cut like reggie bush no on centrals team beside darecio borden and denzell boyd that can hang with this team and two guys cant do everything the only way centrals D does anything is if mcminn runs up the middle all night and even then thats risky...look for central to have alot of penalty yards against on both sides of the ball...folks im telling u mcminn is real this year and central is not...its like i said earlier this is a game of alabama v. tennesse; mcminn is stacked and overloaded and central is weak small young and rebuilding dont be to excited about central especially makin comments like mcminn by 7 its just not gonna happen. I bleed blue and white but even i kno reality when i see it and ur dreamin if u thnk centrals got a chance, u better hope mcminn has a bad cas of demensia and shows up in etowah...im done now but for real all the shoulda coulda woulda burn out wanna bee's keep ur mouth shut about quitin cause u kno if u had someone in ur face urging to quit instead of picking ur self up u'd be gone too...central players keep ur heads up but dont get compacent or u will see a big 0 in the W column again.

This is pretty rough talk. I hope you're wrong but only time can tell. Derrick was a different kind of coach and seemed to motivate his team to get the most out of them. That is a very special gift that not all coaches have. He is gone though and we have Coach Goodin at least for now. I will respect him and hope the kids respect him but if he can't produce, then we need a change. Edited by SAGINAWFAN

If being on your back after every play is the example of a hard worker then i guess centrals in trouble. Just leave him out of these forums. Kids quit teams every day because they're kids. As for coaches, yeah they could do better,Goodin was blessed his first year at Central with a good line up of true athletes and size which were also under Brandon. Central doesn't have athletes for football, maybe a certain few but come on now. Yeah a coach can teach you everything in the book and work you through the whole summer, but if your not an athlete your not an athlete. You can get stronger but that's not going to make you a better athlete. You can't teach someone to be an athlete. I'm 100% sure that if Joe Paterno, Phil Fulmer or any great coach was at Central their record wouldn't be any better. You have to have athletes and size. This is football. Our team looks like a jv team. We can't really help that, it's not like we're located in Knoxville or Chatt or Nashville. Quit making excuses and blaming coaching. Face the facts