Mcminn Central vs. McMinn Co.

ctrain3212

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

central just got beat by a better team tonight, no suprise there, but was good to see the chargers keep fighting, even when bad things happened. coach goodin got what he wanted tonight, and that was for central to be competative. they are light years better than they were this time last year....

just saw where notre dame scored 61 tonight....gotta get ready to d up!

By now this is common knowledge but there is a better team walking around the school than whats on the field for Central. So Goodin needs to realize that he needs these kids in order to win games. He needs to quit worrying about such little things that dont matter, it drives the kids away from wanting to play. Its his way or the highway. And his highway is leading to 0 and 10 (again). So swallow some pride and make it half way fun. (hint hint: winning is fun)

By now this is common knowledge but there is a better team walking around the school than whats on the field for Central. So Goodin needs to realize that he needs these kids in order to win games. He needs to quit worrying about such little things that dont matter, it drives the kids away from wanting to play. Its his way or the highway. And his highway is leading to 0 and 10 (again). So swallow some pride and make it half way fun. (hint hint: winning is fun)

little things that don't matter? like what?.....every coach i ever played for was that way...his way or the highway....isn't every coach that way?...that team i saw last night will not go 0-10. they are much better than a year ago and they will get better as the year goes on.....

Well, I will admit it, I was a doubter but not any more. Central is without a doubt headed in the right direction. Furthermore, after what I saw tonight from the Central Knight junior team I'm really convinced we are headed in the right direction. I'm not saying Central will win the Super Bowl this year but better days are ahead. :thumb: Plus what about the blue pants??? Bout time don't ya think? :thumb:

Well, I will admit it, I was a doubter but not any more. Central is without a doubt headed in the right direction. Furthermore, after what I saw tonight from the Central Knight junior team I'm really convinced we are headed in the right direction. I'm not saying Central will win the Super Bowl this year but better days are ahead. :thumb: Plus what about the blue pants??? Bout time don't ya think? :thumb:

how did the junior knights look? loved the blue pants! loved it all! booster club not have enough money to buy white jereseys though?? haha. both teams need to wear their home jerseys every year...the black looks good going against the blue...like alabama and tennessee used to do...

how did the junior knights look? loved the blue pants! loved it all! booster club not have enough money to buy white jereseys though?? haha. both teams need to wear their home jerseys every year...the black looks good going against the blue...like alabama and tennessee used to do...

The junior Knights beat Meigs 32-6. The same Meigs that has bragged for years how good their youth program was playing in that "other" league. Plus Central has 33 kids on the team. That's right, I said 33. Plus, Central won the Hoppers, and Cutters games as well. :thumb: I don't know what's up with the blue jerseys on the road but it looked good though. I just wished we would get rid of the North Carolina logo and go back to the Cinncinatti C. I'm tired of every time I go out with my Central hat on somebody says"Are you a Carolina fan?" :roflol:

Edited by 89charger

little things that don't matter? like what?.....every coach i ever played for was that way...his way or the highway....isn't every coach that way?...that team i saw last night will not go 0-10. they are much better than a year ago and they will get better as the year goes on.....

I dont know, maybe stuff such as community service? Now I'm for community service but dont make the kids go and find it on their own. Do it with the team. MAKING them take showers after practice? Cant wear anything like sweat bands? He made them sign a contract like four pages of stuff they couldnt do and stuff they was forced to do. (these were four specific reasons given to me by a player who quit) He got mad at a player his first year for getting his ankles taped and that made his shoe look white because of the tape(instead of the black shoe everyone else had). You are right that its usually the coaches way or the highway, I will agree. But I think he needs to place his concern with 1. are the kids doing well in class(which he does) 2. figuring out how to beat the next team (to be debated lol), 3. why are the kids not playing that quit or didnt come out, 4. making sure the little league is having success(which I hear they are starting to place interest in), 5. recruiting (never hurt anyone). Let the other petty things go, and get the kids out there. Make them want to play. Its awesome the little league did good but its same thing every year, you got to keep them from only playing basketball and baseball.

Edited by theplaymaker

The junior Knights beat Meigs 32-6. The same Meigs that has bragged for years how good their youth program was playing in that "other" league. Plus Central has 33 kids on the team. That's right, I said 33. Plus, Central won the Hoppers, and Cutters games as well. :thumb: I don't know what's up with the blue jerseys on the road but it looked good though. I just wished we would get rid of the North Carolina logo and go back to the Cinncinatti C. I'm tired of every time I go out with my Central hat on somebody says"Are you a Carolina fan?" :roflol:

great to hear about the knights.....33 is a ridiculous number! hey man don't knock the north carolina look....that is the best lookin jersey they have ever had haha.