Who wins 14AA

tradertwo

Liberty Tech and Bolivar are now 22-4 overall and 12-1 in District 14-AA play with just 1 game remaining in the regular season for each team. Liberty Tech plays Lexington and Bolivar plays McNairy Central. If each team wins on Tuesday night then both of them finish with identical overall and district marks and will have split the season series with one another (while sweeping the remainder of the district competition).

It's looking as it the #1 spot is going to be determined by a "coin toss" which to me is unfortunate because I believe that both teams would be willing to play one another for a 3rd time next Friday night (at a neutral location) to decide who should be crowned the regular season district champion.

Coin toss,shell game,coaches arm-wrestle,it makes very little difference who's slotted at the top of the bracket.Staying away from Jackson SouthSide would make life easier,but all three should meet again in regional,in opposite brackets,so play 'em now or later.Odds are these two will meet twice more(possibly three),and a bus ride to the substate game will be the penalty for losing the second,but that shouldnt matter in the long run either.If it sounds like a prediction,it is...not a guarantee,SouthSide should have a say in who goes where,and they're getting better.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty Tech and Bolivar are now 22-4 overall and 12-1 in District 14-AA play with just 1 game remaining in the regular season for each team. Liberty Tech plays Lexington and Bolivar plays McNairy Central. If each team wins on Tuesday night then both of them finish with identical overall and district marks and will have split the season series with one another (while sweeping the remainder of the district competition).

It's looking as it the #1 spot is going to be determined by a "coin toss" which to me is unfortunate because I believe that both teams would be willing to play one another for a 3rd time next Friday night (at a neutral location) to decide who should be crowned the regular season district champion.

I disagree that these teams would agree to play again just to decide the regular season DISTRICT champion. Both of these teams are concerned about one thing and one thing only... a STATE championship! I agree that a coin toss is a bit ridiculous, there should be a tie breaker in place that is based on the team's performance and not blind luck. (Margin of victory, total points for or against for district games, something)Obviously, it will be unfortunate for the loser of the coin toss to have to face a good Southside team in the second round, as I feel they are, arguably, the most talented team in the district man for man. Its young talent but they are as big, fast and athletic as anyone I have seen in AA. I just think Liberty and Bolivar have the mental edge over them. However it turns out, I am looking forward to watching! Good luck to all the 14AA teams. Its almost tournament time!