State Finals video from the 1980s

papbear3

I am searching for video of the state champions matches from 1980-1990. Were these events broadcast? I am particularly looking for CBHS stuff as I am converting VHS to DVD, but anything would be great. I am not sure where to turn on this one. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have uncovered the CBHS/McCallie semi-final from the first state Duals as well as the Ryan/McCallie finals, I believe it was 1988. Looking for Tom and Chris Marable finals, Anthony Moretta finals, Bill Erneste, Chris McAfee, and Troy Robertson among others.

If you have any info, please let me know.

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Clewis@cbhs.org

IT WOULD BE NEAT FOR THERE TO BE A SITE THAT EVERYONE COULD POST THEIR OLD VIDEOS ON, LIKE YOUTUBE (YOUTUBE MIGHT BE THE ANSWER). IF SOMEONE POSTED IT ON YOUTUBE IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIND UNLESS YOU KNEW WHAT TITLE TO LOOK FOR. A FACEBOOK SITE MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.

ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT THERE?

THE ANIMAL

• 3 weeks later...

I AM SURE THERE IS A BUNCH OF TAPE OUT THERE. THE PROBLEM IS LOCATIONG IT. MOST SCHOOLS HAD VIDEO EQUIPMENT DURING THOSE TIMES. I HAVE A LOT OF VIDEOS FROM THAT ERA. IT WOULD BE NEAT IF THERE WAS A PLACE LIKE YOUTUBE THAT ALL OF THESE VIDEOS COULD BE UPLOADED TO AND CATALOGED AND VIEWED BY ALL. THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING THAT COULD BE DONE ON THE TN WRESTLING FEDERATION WEBSITE.

TRHE ANIMAL

YouTube would be the best repository for those video's because its free. That being said you can create a user site on YouTube then link it back to Facebook. Furthermore I can create a portal through the Tennessee Wrestling Federation website for all historical video's. Your best bet would be the last option as people can always come to the TWF for video's and historical data. The Hall of Fame info already resides here as well, seems to make sense. I can help whom ever needs it to get a YouTube site set up kinda like this one http://www.youtube.com/user/tennwrestling?feature=mhum

Stephen Petricca

Vice Chairman

Tennessee Wrestling Federation

spetricca@tennwrestling.com

615-498-0700

I graduated in 1990 and I am planning on getting my videotapes converted soon. I will get in touch with you papa and mr. preticci when I get them finished. Got to head to my parent's house and dig them out. Any suggestions on getting them converted? I was going to buy a VHS/DVD player recorder and transfer them that way. Will that work? I will get them to you guys when I get finished.

IT WOULD BE NEAT FOR THERE TO BE A SITE THAT EVERYONE COULD POST THEIR OLD VIDEOS ON, LIKE YOUTUBE (YOUTUBE MIGHT BE THE ANSWER). IF SOMEONE POSTED IT ON YOUTUBE IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIND UNLESS YOU KNEW WHAT TITLE TO LOOK FOR. A FACEBOOK SITE MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.

ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT THERE?

THE ANIMAL

There is a website www.mygamefilms.com that does mainly football and basketball videos on-line. They may do wrestling too if aasked. They have many states and cover college and high school game films. Coaches could submit film to them possibly. Just a possible option. They are based out of TN.

VHS/DVD player recorder will work just fine. Make sure that the machine will allow unto dub the VHS to DVD. After that, you can ripped the DVD to your computer, the program I am using to rip is magic DVD ripper, relatively cheap, and it will format it however you want. I am converting to mp4

I am searching for video of the state champions matches from 1980-1990. Were these events broadcast? I am particularly looking for CBHS stuff as I am converting VHS to DVD, but anything would be great. I am not sure where to turn on this one. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have uncovered the CBHS/McCallie semi-final from the first state Duals as well as the Ryan/McCallie finals, I believe it was 1988. Looking for Tom and Chris Marable finals, Anthony Moretta finals, Bill Erneste, Chris McAfee, and Troy Robertson among others.

If you have any info, please let me know.

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Clewis@cbhs.org

How are trying to convert VHS to DVD. I have both 2 VHS/DVD side by side that is supose to be easy to convert VHS to DVD but I cann't get it to copy but just a few minutes of the VHS before it quits. I am not a high tech guy but I have over 200 VHS videos of wrestlers that I have coached and I would love to convert them to DVD so I don't have a whole room full of VHS video's. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

You can contact me at 615-400-4589 or dougnewman@comcast.net all advise will be recieved with great appreciation!

How are trying to convert VHS to DVD. I have both 2 VHS/DVD side by side that is supose to be easy to convert VHS to DVD but I cann't get it to copy but just a few minutes of the VHS before it quits. I am not a high tech guy but I have over 200 VHS videos of wrestlers that I have coached and I would love to convert them to DVD so I don't have a whole room full of VHS video's. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

You can contact me at 615-400-4589 or dougnewman@comcast.net all advise will be recieved with great appreciation!

you can pull anything up on youtube and it will show you the video step by step. there are alot of nerds out there with a bunch of time on their hands cause because they walk you through tons of eveyday high-tech situations.