Vounteer vs Sullivan North

if a coach on any level dont want to give it a 100% he or she should step down!!!! the kids deserve that much . LEAD BY EXAMPLE

Couldn't agree more, I know I was one to harp on the previous coach but I would give anything to have Gene Venable coaching this team, at least he could motivate his kids. I never even see Rider or Lark try to fire up any of these boys. After 3 hard seasons Rider has been given another chance but we are seeing the exact same thing him standing with his hands on his knees looking down at the ground hoping for an answer. These kids deserve so much more, they deserve the chance to compete for wins, please if you read this play your best athletes both ways and instead of the defense being out there for 6 to 9 minutes at a time you may get some 3 and out series. We have athletes that have the desire to compete, let them do so!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a coach on any level dont want to give it a 100% he or she should step down!!!! the kids deserve that much . LEAD BY EXAMPLE

Their jamboree quarter was painful to watch. You could just feel the enthusiasm leaving the boys and being replaced with a dread of what was going to happen this year. Volunteer just can't count on having a half dozen studs move into town. Must get all the available talent in the school on the team and that just isn't going to happen with the current staff. They will be fortunate not to have some jump ship as it is. If a school with 70 on the team plays 2 or 3 both ways a small school may have to play 8. Got to have your best on the field. Can't have any moral victories with a 1-9 season. Cut your losses and get a young, enthusiastic coach that will bring a few like him and turn things around.

Nodaddyball that is exactly what we need, is a coach that is full of intensity and fire! I have been driving all the way from Pigeon Forge this will be the 4th year now to watch the Falcons every Friday night, almost every scrimmage and even some summer league 7on7. My heart goes out to these kids each week as they give their all but haven't been coached up properly before each game and during the games. If your coach is quiet and doesn't speak with passion the kids are going to be quiet and not be fired up. Coach Rider all the fans ask is that you and your staff show some passion and let us hear you get these kids fired up, give the players who want to play both ways a chance to do so and I am willing to bet we the team wins a lot

more games. I want nothing but the best for these kids.

I'll come down there and coach your team. Keep me in mind for next year. I can get half the South players to transfer. You all will have to clean all the cow dung off the field before I get there and I don't want to see anybody wearing a cap that says "get ur dun" with a dang fish hook stuck in the bill. And no rednecks walking around at games spitin' brown stuff in a plastic bottle.

I don't know if North was playing their best players in the jamboree but Erwin made them look silly, they drove down the field on them like a knife through butter. North could not defend the pass and Unicoi picked them apart. If Volunteer throws the ball they may have a chance. It could be a long season for north.

For the life of me I can't figure why people put so much stock in a Jamboree. It's just a night when the teams get all dressed up and run a few different plays for one quarter. Careful not to show other coaches anything special. There are a few coaches around that like to "show off" and score on every play. For the most part it just a show and tell. Central got to show off their new uniforms this year which was the most exciting thing about the Big 8 Jamboree.

I don't know if North was playing their best players in the jamboree but Erwin made them look silly, they drove down the field on them like a knife through butter. North could not defend the pass and Unicoi picked them apart. If Volunteer throws the ball they may have a chance. It could be a long season for north.

I hope WaCo is wrong. I'd give anything for Unicoi to return to the glory days of .500 ball. lol. Yeah I know they had better programs back in the day. Hey I'll settle for 2 or 3 wins this year. At least that will be doubling last years outcome. Don't want to set the bar to high.

I feel with the right play calling and the right people on the field Volunteer can surprise a few teams this season. We have the talent, just need the coaching and intensity that other teams have. If not playing the best players both ways all the time at least play them on key situations on defense to get the stop. I will say if the coaches do call a good game for Volunteer then the falcons will win.

Falcons 35

Golden Raiders 21