Smyrna vs. B.G.A.

milo118

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrner in a boat race. :popcorneater:

BGA has a great air attack. Historicaly we have struggled with pass defense. Watched practice today. Everyone was flying around. Speed is the name of the game with this team on both sides of the ball for the Bulldogs.

Edited by milo118

Smyrna is extremely talented, we all know that. Two all state performers coming back. Big up front and a very fast defense. My question is their discipline as it is every year. Last year they were very fortunate to have such great senior leadership. We will see if they have that this year because the Bulldogs certainly have the talent to do some major damage in 6A this year. Replacing 8 or so coaches and that many seniors will have its fair share of adversities. I really like BGA'S returning starters, their QB is as advertised along with their All State Linebacker. They have some good size as well a long the lines. I give BGA the edge in the coaching department with the overall talent going to the Bulldogs. My prediction is with BGA'S QB and 17 returning starters along with a great coaching staff pulls off the minor upset on the road. BGA 24-21

Smyrna is extremely talented, we all know that. Two all state performers coming back. Big up front and a very fast defense. My question is their discipline as it is every year. Last year they were very fortunate to have such great senior leadership. We will see if they have that this year because the Bulldogs certainly have the talent to do some major damage in 6A this year. Replacing 8 or so coaches and that many seniors will have its fair share of adversities. I really like BGA'S returning starters, their QB is as advertised along with their All State Linebacker. They have some good size as well a long the lines. I give BGA the edge in the coaching department with the overall talent going to the Bulldogs. My prediction is with BGA'S QB and 17 returning starters along with a great coaching staff pulls off the minor upset on the road. BGA 24-21

Some of those new Bulldog coaches have state titles under their belts. The coaching staff has come together and bonded surprisingly fast and very well. Didnt BGA get a new coaching staff this year?

Some of those new Bulldog coaches have state titles under their belts. The coaching staff has come together and bonded surprisingly fast and very well. Didnt BGA get a new coaching staff this year?

True, BGA hired a new Head Coach and OC but kept most of their staff in tact. Thats good news for Smyrna that their staff is coming together nicely. When ever 8 or 9 coaches leave it can be good and bad but the fact is it takes time to gel if they have never worked together before.

This will be a great game!! BGA has talent in many different positions, they have great linebackers, good tight end, decent line, great QB, and above average skill players. I believe BGA will make a run in their class for the state title. Smyrna, as always, will be good with outstanding athletes. I honestly don't know what to think about this one, two different types of teams, with BGA being the well coached, disciplined private school, but I have to say Smyrna over BGA 31-30

Other than the quarterback, I think smyrna's athletes are superior to BGA's. Smyrna has about eight players that can take it the distance at any time. The only way BGA can make this a game is if smyrna has multiple turnovers and can't get in the face of the highly talented BGA quarterback. I'm taking the bulldogs 38-17.

Never been to a game at Smyrna...can someone fill me in on what to expect i.e. parking, pre-game tailgating, crowd size, atmosphere, etc.. Should be a great game. Smryna fans may be surprised to see how few players BGA has and the lack of size on the line. However, I would not underestimate them. Most of these guys have been starting since they were Sophomores. If BGA doesn't wear out in the fourth quarter from playing both ways, it should be close. Smyrna looks really fast but not very big. Anyone know what the average size is on the line?

Edited by sportshooter

Never been to a game at Smyrna...can someone fill me in on what to expect i.e. parking, pre-game tailgating, crowd size, atmosphere, etc.. Should be a great game. Smryna fans may be surprised to see how few players BGA has and the lack of size on the line. However, I would not underestimate them. Most of these guys have been starting since they were Sophomores. If BGA doesn't wear out in the fourth quarter from playing both ways, it should be close. Smyrna looks really fast but not very big. Anyone know what the average size is on the line?

Smyrna has plenty of parking on both sides of the school. Sometimes there is a vendor selling hot fish sandwiches in the parking lot. we have concessions on the home and visitor side of the field. The visitor side seating is kind of small however you are more than welcome to sit on the home side. The fans are very friendly.The atmosphere will be very electric . Smyrna students past and present will be on the field with painted bodies to create a human tunnel for the players to run through and the band will be playing from start to finish. When the game is over the band will play "Happy Trails To you " whether we win or loose....Im sure you will enjoy your visit....

Edited by AmericanBullDog

Smyrna has plenty of parking on both sides of the school. Sometimes there is a vendor selling hot fish sandwiches in the parking lot. we have concessions on the home and visitor side of the field. The visitor side seating is kind of small however you are more than welcome to sit on the home side. The fans are very friendly.The atmosphere will be very electric . Smyrna students past and present will be on the field with painted bodies to create a human tunnel for the players to run through and the band will be playing from start to finish. When the game is over the band will play "Happy Trails To you " whether we win or loose....Im sure you will enjoy your visit....

Thanks for the info...sounds like a great place to kick off the season.

Get there early! Smyrna has the WORST place in Rutherford County. Very little vistor seating. Also, the young punks line the end zone fencing and make it difficult to get from the visitor side to the restrooms or main concesion stand. Smyrna allows no re-entry if you need to leave you will need to purchase another ticket (may be due to gun/weapon control). Don't travel alone, use the buddy system and watch each others back.

Should be a great game, wish I could make it, but then again I like the Freak Show at the carnival as well.

Edited by Shag