Elizabethton (1-0) @ Science Hill (0-1)

EHSTrack06

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

• Elizabethton
    • Science Hill

Cyclones made too many mistakes to win this one. But they did show they can play. Total offence was very close and an INT first play, the Science Hill Stop at the 1 foot line, , and int in the endzone was the difference. Moore getting hurt in the second did not help ether. Science Hill picked on #12 all night they must have seen something on film. He had a rough night one on one. He is a good player and will learn from this. All in all the Cyclones should be pleased, they took it to the Toppers tonight and showed they can't be pushed around. They moved the ball all night and shut down the run. Good luck toppers and we will see you next year at our house. The big news is the greene devils went down tonight, what a difference a player makes. I heard Austin East has some players they can recruit.

Edited by CyclonePrider

Good game again by rivals! Both teams played hard,just to much speed and numbers for the Cyclones! #5 has alot of heart and is a smart football player! I hated #7 got hurt for SH! Spoke to him after the game nice kid, said acl tear. At leasthe went out with highlights big interception and td! Complex very nice just hard to get the kids into with buses and equipment! Sometimes not sure the announcer was watching the same game considering we dont have any kids named Dugger,but he made alot of tackles. And the first down thing was ANNOYING! Good luck Toppers and the Cyclones will be just fine!

Good game again by rivals! Both teams played hard,just to much speed and numbers for the Cyclones! #5 has alot of heart and is a smart football player! I hated #7 got hurt for SH! Spoke to him after the game nice kid, said acl tear. At leasthe went out with highlights big interception and td! Complex very nice just hard to get the kids into with buses and equipment! Sometimes not sure the announcer was watching the same game considering we dont have any kids named Dugger,but he made alot of tackles. And the first down thing was ANNOYING! Good luck Toppers and the Cyclones will be just fine!

Y e a h . . . I'm not crazy about the 1st down thing either.

EHS QB was pretty good, needed some help at WR. RB was quick on his feet and fast. EHS was fast on defense. I thought SH should have been more physical on the line. (in my opinion, that is SH weakness) SH - QB passed well, RB's ran hard and #1 Green at WR is hard to stop. (he really helped the qb by coming back to the ball) The young man for EHS that was trying to cover Green #1, don't feel bad. He is a top notch receiver.

Overall a good win, BUT The Hill needs to get better! Inconsistent on offense and had some stupid personal foul penalties.

Good luck the rest of the season EHS. Hope you win out.

Heck of a game for sure. Risky strategy for EHS D though, when SH went to two tight ends they would bring down both safeties many times to help stop the run which left #12 little to no help vs Greene and Lundberg. SH made them pay on some of them, but not all for certain. Had they been thrown a little shorter or had the WR stayed in stride this game would have been much uglier, but again EHS did a fair job of keeping them from connecting. Offensive line had a better game than you all are giving them credit for as I think SH had at close to 250 yrds on the ground. EHS interior D does an outstanding job of shedding blocks, so to be able to run the ball with that defense stacking the box is great. One last note, JC fans need to remember they live in East Tennessee, not southern california and showing up "fashionably late" is bull. Kudos to EHS bringing a MASSIVE crowd and on top of that, knowing how and when to make some noise for their team. SH fans were quiet as a library when their defense had EHS on 3rd downs. The closest thing SH has to a home field advantage is that annoying jumbotron and announcer.

Also, #2 filled in for #7 (luke hampton) after he went down, and did a great job. He played real well in the JV game on monday too. Wonder what his stats are for the whole week Haha

Best of luck to the cyclones and hilltoppers from here on out.

Edited by Quasar

Y e a h . . . I'm not crazy about the 1st down thing either.

EHS QB was pretty good, needed some help at WR. RB was quick on his feet and fast. EHS was fast on defense. I thought SH should have been more physical on the line. (in my opinion, that is SH weakness) SH - QB passed well, RB's ran hard and #1 Green at WR is hard to stop. (he really helped the qb by coming back to the ball) The young man for EHS that was trying to cover Green #1, don't feel bad. He is a top notch receiver.

Overall a good win, BUT The Hill needs to get better! Inconsistent on offense and had some stupid personal foul penalties.

Good luck the rest of the season EHS. Hope you win out. I agree with you and SH has good size on there offence and defensive lines.Good luck the rest of this year.

I

Heck of a game for sure. Risky strategy for EHS D though, when SH went to two tight ends they would bring down both safeties many times to help stop the run which left #12 little to no help vs Greene and Lundberg. SH made them pay on some of them, but not all for certain. Had they been thrown a little shorter or had the WR stayed in stride this game would have been much uglier, but again EHS did a fair job of keeping them from connecting. Offensive line had a better game than you all are giving them credit for as I think SH had at close to 250 yrds on the ground. EHS interior D does an outstanding job of shedding blocks, so to be able to run the ball with that defense stacking the box is great. One last note, JC fans need to remember they live in East Tennessee, not southern california and showing up "fashionably late" is bull. Kudos to EHS bringing a MASSIVE crowd and on top of that, knowing how and when to make some noise for their team. SH fans were quiet as a library when their defense had EHS on 3rd downs. The closest thing SH has to a home field advantage is that annoying jumbotron and announcer.

Also, #2 filled in for #7 (luke hampton) after he went down, and did a great job. He played real well in the JV game on monday too. Wonder what his stats are for the whole week Haha

Best of luck to the cyclones and hilltoppers from here on out.

lol u wanna see a massive crowd the EHS/Happy Valley games is crazy. Majority of the city of Elizabethton is crammed into the stadium lol

lol u wanna see a massive crowd the EHS/Happy Valley games is crazy. Majority of the city of Elizabethton is crammed into the stadium lol

Haha I might have to catch that then. Might go down to Alcoa vs Maryville tomorrow seeing as how I think they're trying to break an attendance record haha.

Haha I might have to catch that then. Might go down to Alcoa vs Maryville tomorrow seeing as how I think they're trying to break an attendance record haha.

That game would be awesome to watch but i have suit tickets at BMS so i will have to settle for next weeks battle between HV and Betsy.