Henry County @ Beech

RedSwarm10

Beech's facilities are probably the worst in the county. And that's not from a lack of effort on the part of the coaches and parents. That loud sucking sound you hear is county $ going to Station Camp because of two very powerful school board members that are Station Camp parents. Unfortunately, not enough Beech parents are on the school board. $3.7 million to expand Station Camp, $80k just to change the name of their middle school, while Beech can't even get their condemned basketball bleachers replaced. We hoped that bringing a gold ball back to Sumner Co would help the situation, but all we got out of that was a couple of postage stamp sized signs near the school. (can you tell I'm a little bitter? didn't mean to bore you with local politics) Very small (and old) visitors bleachers, (which were built without county funds about 25 years ago) so get there early. The FFA does charge $2 to park if you park close to the stadium, but there is plenty of free parking all around the campus.

Game time is 7:30.

This article ought to give you an idea what Beech's facilities are like.

Edited by RollRedPhoto

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the Bucs past success in recent years...they deserve ANY team's respect..and certainly that includes us Patriots faithful. I have no doubt that these teams know each other very well given the closeness of the two coaching staffs. I too am excited to see this game play out in Hendersonville...however..I don't know that it will take 4 and 5 star players to "play with us"...we don't have any either. Being one of the best teams in the state (according to today's Nashville Tennessean, Murphy Fair's Poll, Coacht fan poll, etc.) does not require having a roster of those type players...it does however require playing with the intensity and urgency as the Patriots played with this past Friday. Look for an electric atmosphere this week at Beech High!

When YOU said in post 36 that "we don't have any either"...what were you talking about? Is that post not yours? That was what I responded to.

Warrior..will you show me where I said we don't have "any" star players? I don't remember saying that and I have read all of my posts and can't find where I mentioned that we had "no star players!"...I too agree that we have several guys who will play college football and have one particular lineman that is being highly recruited and is one of the best lineman in the state..however, on no list, board, or article have I found a Henry County Patriot to be listed as a 4 or 5 star recruit. Therefore..the statement that the poster made about needing "4 or 5 star players" to "play with us"...is a bit of an overstatement!

Fact: Prez said "We don't have any either". It is FactsOnly's opinion this referenced 4 or 5 star players.

That being said, it is also FactsOnly's opinion (again out of my comfort zone) that no great RB or great QB will run over this defensive TEAM.

Fact: It is your opinion that my opinion "is a bit of bit of an overstatement". It is my opinion that your opinion of my opinion is incorrect.

Fact: I find great joy in expressing my excitement over this defense. It is my hope that I don't offend anyone. It is my opinion, however, that if you are offended by my comments, that you are taking this a bit too seriously.

When YOU said in post 36 that "we don't have any either"...what were you talking about? Is that post not yours? That was what I responded to.

Red Warrior, with all due respect, I believe you are confusing a statement concerning 4 or 5 star recruits with the notion of star athletes. I do not presume to know as much about football as others on here do. What I presume to know a little about is recruiting. I have a son who is an athlete and I have made it my business to know about recruiting. I would have thought that anyone who followed any sport, not just football, would understand the recruiting services evaluation process, otherwise referred to as "the star system". This evaluation process ranks athletes on a scale of 1-5 "stars" 1 being low and 5 being high. When Prez said "we don't have any either" he is correct, as it stands today, we have star athletes but we DO NOT have 4 or 5 star recruits. The lineman referred to is currently a 3* recruit per Scout and Rivals. This is not to say that by the end of his senior year (2012) he will remain a 3* recruit, hopefully he will be elevated to a higher "star" ranking.

Red Warrior, with all due respect, I believe you are confusing a statement concerning 4 or 5 star recruits with the notion of star athletes. I do not presume to know as much about football as others on here do. What I presume to know a little about is recruiting. I have a son who is an athlete and I have made it my business to know about recruiting. I would have thought that anyone who followed any sport, not just football, would understand the recruiting services evaluation process, otherwise referred to as "the star system". This evaluation process ranks athletes on a scale of 1-5 "stars" 1 being low and 5 being high. When Prez said "we don't have any either" he is correct, as it stands today, we have star athletes but we DO NOT have 4 or 5 star recruits. The lineman referred to is currently a 3* recruit per Scout and Rivals. This is not to say that by the end of his senior year (2012) he will remain a 3* recruit, hopefully he will be elevated to a higher "star" ranking.

[/quote

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you now explain to them how good we are? I can't seem to get through.

Fact: Prez said "We don't have any either". It is FactsOnly's opinion this referenced 4 or 5 star players.

That being said, it is also FactsOnly's opinion (again out of my comfort zone) that no great RB or great QB will run over this defensive TEAM.

Fact: It is your opinion that my opinion "is a bit of bit of an overstatement". It is my opinion that your opinion of my opinion is incorrect.

Fact: I find great joy in expressing my excitement over this defense. It is my hope that I don't offend anyone. It is my opinion, however, that if you are offended by my comments, that you are taking this a bit too seriously.

FactsOnly...I appreciate the "Fact" that so many enjoy reading and responding to my posts. However..the "FACT" that I was responding to a poster named "Tandem"..when referencing "4 & 5 star" players..and the "FACT" that one would need a few "4 & 5 star players" to "play with us" as TANDEM mentioned IS INDEED "a bit of an overstatement!" Somehow..few posters are reading my posts in the manner intended...Keep in mind, we were EXTREMELY sharp in all phases of the game last Friday night. If the recent past has taught us anything at all..(as Red Warrior has also mentioned)..an "off night" or injuries could at some point cause us to lose this sharp edge! Therefore..a quality team without "4 & 5 Star players" might be able to "play with us" as "Tandem" stated or moreover...added with a turnover here or there..might actually beat us at some point. Do I think this is likely?..No..do I think it's possible?...absolutely! "FactsOnly"..I appreciate your response but my response was intended SOLELY for "Tandem"!

Tandem...thanks for the info concerning the Stadium and visitors accomodations..I'm sure it's not the worst we've ever seen...and I'm sure that we Patriot fans will make do!...Looking forward to our first visit to Beech!

I am not polishing any gold ball...but I am saying that our schedule is not very challenging, and I don't expect a real challenge until very deep in the playoffs. On an off night, and we will likely have a couple, there are a few teams who can beat us.

I believe Henry County takes this one.

Two things I enjoy about Patriot football:

1. Watching a game in Paris is one of the most enjoyable outings in Tennessee.

2. SOME of the Henry County posters are taking way too big gulps of kool aid. You guys are sounding like Kingsport D-B west. All we need is DB fan 91 to ask "Who would win, D-B or Henry County?" and we would have the thread that would not die. Sniff that title game a time or two and the talk about the few teams that can beat you and the deep playoff runs the Pats have will have more credence.

Could you now explain to them how good we are? I can't seem to get through.

I would be happy to add my 2 cents on how good I think we are:

I believe this years squad is more mentally and physically capable than in few years past, as usually comes with some age. After all we do have many underclassmen playing...but they have been playing a year or so now so that gives them the added maturity of having it "under their belt"

I believe that this year we have the potential, barring any injuries or other cause for concern, that we can go further than we did last year.

I believe we have the talent to compete with the '08 squad... that would be a game to see.

I believe we have a D line that can stop just about anyone.

We have a strong O line which is centered around a 2 dimensional QB...which always helps.

There are some areas of concern:

We have some instability at kicker....not to take anything away from our kickers, but this is an area a team needs consistent strength and stabilty. I believe we lost both our kickers from last year, who I believe both had multi years experience.

We are early in this year and faced a Liberty team we were bound and determined we were going to beat after last years bout. I don't want to see the focus shift from we will give it our all and do everything we can to win to "we got this" just yet.

Henry County has the physical tools to get it done this year in every game on our regular season schedule. Some of those games are going to be more problematic than people think though if we don't bring the "A" game. I was extremely impressed with our performance Friday and hope to see that every game. If so, I have no doubt we will go deep in the playoffs. Whether we have the right tools, both physically and mentally, at all the right times is anyone's guess. On any given day....