Gibson County vs. Dresden

hogheaven

Another game to prepare for a tough, tough district. Gibson running the wishbone and maryland I on offense. 3-4 on defense. Looking like a power running team. Should be a good test for our young team. Have to get the non district wins, because everyone is improved this year in the district. Huntingdon, bruceton, even Gleason in scrimmage looked better. No room for a bad week with the playoff system. We had 10 penalties to 2 against westview....and it was great reffing. We tried to shoot ourselves in the foot. Slow getting plays in, receivers no lined up right, and offsides penalties. Hope we get it together this week. Good luck Gibson County...hope you win every game except this Friday. FOOTBALL IS HERE! :hungry:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same back to you coach! I enjoyed the breakfast and conversation on and off the radio Saturday morning. Hope this week I can make it back up there again. We're playing straight up iron-man football with only 36 boys on the team and 8 of them going both ways. We only run about five plays so your staff doesn't need to spend much time today in your coaches meeting! :D

You boys take it easy on us in the second half and rest your starters for district play. You need to rest that big Y-TE too as much as possible. We don't have anyone who can block him or guard him on defense! Hope you bring about 500 or more with you this Friday. Maybe we can give you a little bit of competition and no one will get hurt! We have Milan the following week and we need all of our starters back for our first district contest!

Digger, the only thing we have is an occasional rebroadcast of games on the Christian Music Station (Milan-Trenton). They will cover some games for area schools and play them back on Saturday morning. I don't think Paul Tinkle's station is broadcasting the game this year but I would check with him in Martin to find out for sure. Just buy a ticket and make the short drive to Dyer. You can eat at one of our fine two eateries or but a hamburger at the concession stand.

Hahaha! I take butchies word over anyones on coacht. He is usually dead on in everything he says, lol.

We don't need to wake a sleeping dog! Our team is hungry for a win, we came close last Friday in overtime! But we don't need Butchie firing up the Lions. They looked good last Thursday night at Westview.

Lol I agree that we haven't faired well against dresden over the past two years. I just find amusement in ole butchie here on coacht.

Amusement Huh? Well Let Me Tell Ya About The Game...It Stunk So Bad...I Almost Forgot It Was In Martin...LOL

I Swear! I Could Smell The Hog Barn!...LOL I Was Trying To Get My Money Back From The Admission, But The Line Was Too Long To Wait!

Edited by Butchie