Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

In the end, is this going to be a three team Region again? Jackson, Clarkrange, and Clay? Or can RBS make another run?

Jackson County will be really strong. RBS lost a lot having only 1 returning starter, Burgener a post player, but I don't think you can ever count out the RBS Lady Dawgs and Larry White. They have some pretty good guards coming up. Clay county looks pretty good, Roach will be big for them this year. No clue about Clarkrange.

Could be an all 7a final 4 in the region. RBS lost their 3 best players last year, but still have enough players that they may still be a decent team, and should compete for first in the district they're in. Trousdale County was the suprise of last year making it to the region final 4 by beating Clarkrange. Gordonsville and Watertown will probably struggle once again this year. FCS will have Teeter, good size and good athlete, coming back, but if i'm not mistaken graduated 3 or 4 seniors. 7a has the 3 best players in the region with Roach from Clay and Coe and Warden from Jackson. It's hard to count Clarkrange out with the tradition and coaching that is there, but I believe there is too much talent in Clay County and Jackson County for Clarkrange to finish any better than 3rd.

D7a:

#1 Jackson County - should be favorites to win the district, region, sub-state, and state tournament.

#2 Clay County - returned quite a few players from last year. In my opinion, Roach is the best player in the region.

#3 Clarkrange - I'm not real sure about what they have or don't have, but after Clarkrange there is a big drop off in talent and no way Clarkrange finishes worst than 3rd.

#4 Pickett County - Little scrappy but well coached and returns some decent players.

#5 Monterey - They used to be decent and able to compete, but not anymore.

D8a

#1 Trousdale County - Suprised everyone last year, and if i'm not mistaken only lost 2 seniors.

#2 Red Boiling Springs - Has 1 starter coming back but had some decent athletes on the bench. Wouldn't be the first time Coach White has had to take a lesser talented team and compete with them, and in a weak district I think he can be playing in another district championship game.

#3 Friendship Christian - I think they lost 3 or 4 seniors from last years team, but outside Teeter I don't know of anyone that is coming back.

#4 Watertown - wasn't a bad team last year, just didn't finish too well at the end of the season

#5 Gordonsville - worst team i've ever seen Gordonsville have, so even if they do improve I still don't see them finishing anywhere near the top

R4A: (it could be a 7a sweep, but I don't think PC will win on the road in the region)

#1 Jackson County

#2 Clay County

#3 Clarkrange

#4 Trousdale County

Edited by swanson71

Clarkrange really didn't lose anybody so CR and JC will fight it out for 7a with JC winning the district, the region, and possibly state.

Could be an all 7a final 4 in the region. RBS lost their 3 best players last year, but still have enough players that they may still be a decent team, and should compete for first in the district they're in. Trousdale County was the suprise of last year making it to the region final 4 by beating Clarkrange. Gordonsville and Watertown will probably struggle once again this year. FCS will have Teeter, good size and good athlete, coming back, but if i'm not mistaken graduated 3 or 4 seniors. 7a has the 3 best players in the region with Roach from Clay and Coe and Warden from Jackson. It's hard to count Clarkrange out with the tradition and coaching that is there, but I believe there is too much talent in Clay County and Jackson County for Clarkrange to finish any better than 3rd.

D7a:

#1 Jackson County - should be favorites to win the district, region, sub-state, and state tournament.

#2 Clay County - returned quite a few players from last year. In my opinion, Roach is the best player in the region.

#3 Clarkrange - I'm not real sure about what they have or don't have, but after Clarkrange there is a big drop off in talent and no way Clarkrange finishes worst than 3rd.

#4 Pickett County - Little scrappy but well coached and returns some decent players.

D8a

#1 Trousdale County - Suprised everyone last year, and if i'm not mistaken only lost 2 seniors.

#2 Red Boiling Springs - Has 1 starter coming back but had some decent athletes on the bench. Wouldn't be the first time Coach White has had to take a lesser talented team and compete with them, and in a weak district I think he can be playing in another district championship game.

#3 Friendship Christian - I think they lost 3 or 4 seniors from last years team, but outside Teeter I don't know of anyone that is coming back.

#4 Watertown - wasn't a bad team last year, just didn't finish too well at the end of the season

#5 Gordonsville - worst team i've ever seen Gordonsville have, so even if they do improve I still don't see them finishing anywhere near the top

R4A: (it could be a 7a sweep, but I don't think PC will win on the road in the region)

#1 Jackson County

#2 Clay County

#3 Clarkrange

#4 Trousdale County

Clarkrange really didn't lose anybody so CR and JC will fight it out for 7a with JC winning the district, the region, and possibly state.

The last two years C'Range has played, point guard by commitee. Until that get fixed they will not be the highest bird on the totem pole of the district. :ph34r:

My friend Clarkrange was put out in the first round of the region tournament last year, and I thought Clarkrange lost the York girl, I believe that was her name. I know it's hard to count out Coach Rodgers, but Jackson County is returning everyone and Clay is returning nearly everyone as well and the coaching at those 2 schools aren't too shabby either :thumb:

From what I seen last year, Jackson Co. and Lake Co. are the best bets for the'12 Championship match-up. Lots of things can happen between now and then. But thats how I see it. :ph34r:

Agreed, both are returning everyone from a state tournament appearance from the year before. However, I give the edge to JC because of coaching...

Clarkrange didn't lose anyone including Dickens. She's a senior now. They swept CC last year and will probably do the same this year. It will again be JC #1 and CR #2 in 7a.

My friend Clarkrange was put out in the first round of the region tournament last year, and I thought Clarkrange lost the York girl, I believe that was her name. I know it's hard to count out Coach Rodgers, but Jackson County is returning everyone and Clay is returning nearly everyone as well and the coaching at those 2 schools aren't too shabby either :thumb:

Clarkrange didn't lose anyone including Dickens. She's a senior now. They swept CC last year and will probably do the same this year. It will again be JC #1 and CR #2 in 7a.

She was the one I was thinking of, I was thinking she was a Senior this year. I still think Clay County comes out number 2 team...

Well, that's why they toss the ball up in the air. We will see. CC is tough and has a great coach but CR has the better team and Lamar so we'll see how it plays out.

She was the one I was thinking of, I was thinking she was a Senior this year. I still think Clay County comes out number 2 team...

D7a:

D8a

#1 Jackson County

#2 Clay County

#3 Clarkrange

#4 Trousdale County

Trousdale only has one senior coming back. They are sort of a young team. Gordonsville didnt lose anyone if I'm mistaken, so they will be better as will Watertown.

I see it going like this:

1. Gordonsville

2. Watertown

3. RBS

4. Trousdale

5. FCS