Bearden vs Morristown East

utvolzfan

I believe the dogs got off to an atypical start vs HV last week. Weird game with a key player sitting and a long weather delay..Let's hope it was uncharacteristic of the way the rest of the season will play out. Morristown teams are always tough. What are the strengths and weaknesses of MEast this year??

Well after last night I would have to say our Kicking game is our strong point and our Offense has to be our weak point after being shut out for the third straight game. Our Defense played pretty good but they were on the field the whole game against a very good looking Harlan Co. Kentucky team !

Well after last night I would have to say our Kicking game is our strong point and our Offense has to be our weak point after being shut out for the third straight game. Our Defense played pretty good but they were on the field the whole game against a very good looking Harlan Co. Kentucky team !

Well I guess we are both in the same boat. The team that responds and regains confidence first should have a leg up. I feel pretty good about our defense even though Friday's game doesn't make it appear that it's too strong. I think our attitude will be different in a home opener. Good luck to your guys as well.

yes this game is interesting for both teams. both teams struggled last week and got beat pretty bad! both played good competition! it will be good to see how each team bounces back this week- im sure both teams are very hungry to get back on the field and get after it! looking to see if it was first game jitters or just didnt play well for both teams .... hopefully both teams are better than they showed in weak 0

It will be another long night for the 'Canes if they don't do a better job in the offensive line. Ricker has to be the person to make things happen on offense for East. He's a good player and a tough kid but it's hard to do anything when the defense is hanging all over him about the time he takes the snap. I agree with Cane73 about the defense last week. They played pretty well but played way too much. When you don't get any first downs on offense, the defense gets tired. Harlan County was a very good football team and a very physical team. This East team really needs to get something going of offense or it's going to be a very long season.

It will be another long night for the 'Canes if they don't do a better job in the offensive line. Ricker has to be the person to make things happen on offense for East. He's a good player and a tough kid but it's hard to do anything when the defense is hanging all over him about the time he takes the snap. I agree with Cane73 about the defense last week. They played pretty well but played way too much. When you don't get any first downs on offense, the defense gets tired. Harlan County was a very good football team and a very physical team. This East team really needs to get something going of offense or it's going to be a very long season.

I think Cody Ricker needs to let other players help him out. I agree we got some work to

do as far as improving our offensive line play.I sure coach Hatcher has address this problem this week.

some of our better lineman will have to play both-ways. Last Saturday night, Cody try to do to much.

He predetermine that he was going to take off & run before the football was even snapped.Teams are

going to key on him the rest of the year.To make teams pay for keying on him,he needs to give someone

else the football.(My point is, when we run the option,9 time out of 10 cody keeps the football)East

must get back to running an offense, not a one man trying to do everything. It's alot harder trying

to stop a team than it is one player. GO CANES!

Both teams played much better last night than in week one..Josh Haney for Bearden really had a career night and the o-line blocked well. Waters played very well for 1rst game after sitting outlast yr and week zero due to transfer. Cramps kept him from being even more impactful. Bearden QB and MEast QB both showed heart and didnt make too many mistakes. MEast QB has a nice arm too. Bearden CB's and Safety play must improve or other passing teams will hurt them. I dont think teams are gonna be able to toss sweep them much though. I was also really impressed with Bearden place kickers ability to keep kicking off deep. Dawgs need to protect better on punts. East will win soon I think but they must improve ability to stop the run and force more 3rd and longs. Bearden to play a pretty solid William Blount team next Friday. No major injuries that I was aware of.