Munford @ Millington

TNHSFOOTBALLFAN

Munford Cougars got beat up on by Horn Lake Miss 23-44 in week 0 then took another loss from the hands of Covington 10-28 in week 1. They finally got their first win of the year over Hardin Co. last week and did it in a convincing fashion 42-28.

While Millington man handled Kirby 50-7 in week 1 and then nearly gave last weeks district game away to Bartlett thanks to some very sloppy play having 9 or 10 fumbles although they only lost one of those. Millington pulled out the win 9-7 with a field goal with only 2 min left in the game.

Now this lays the ground work for the greatly anticipated M&M Bowl. The Trojans have owned this game the past few years but this year could prove to be the rivalry we all have came to love over the last few decades! How do you football fanatics see this one unfolding?

If Millington plays like they did last week, Munford could finally have their parade. There was no excuse for that many fumbles or the poor coverage on kickoffs or penalties. The team looked tired and flat. The defense did well although. I dont know...with that many fumbles most teams will lose, but we didnt.

The penalties got a little ridiculous on the referee's end. There is no way anyone could convince me that we were holding that many times and not one Bartlett lineman held not once somewhere, sometime, anytime throughout the whole game? Come on ref's!?!?!?! Enough of that rant. Millington should win this game big. "Should' is the key word.

If Millington plays like they did last week, Munford could finally have their parade. There was no excuse for that many fumbles or the poor coverage on kickoffs or penalties. The team looked tired and flat. The defense did well although. I dont know...with that many fumbles most teams will lose, but we didnt.

The penalties got a little ridiculous on the referee's end. There is no way anyone could convince me that we were holding that many times and not one Bartlett lineman held not once somewhere, sometime, anytime throughout the whole game? Come on ref's!?!?!?! Enough of that rant. Millington should win this game big. "Should' is the key word.

On one play we all saw the center tackle 44 before he could get to the QB ref looking right at it.

I have heard from a players parents that the coach is not very popular at all. There were complaints about him last year. If a coach is not liked or respected by his players and parents, it is usually a recipe for bad seasons. The kids will not give maximum effort and the parents will not lend support. I hope that is not the case though.

I have heard from a players parents that the coach is not very popular at all. There were complaints about him last year. If a coach is not liked or respected by his players and parents, it is usually a recipe for bad seasons. The kids will not give maximum effort and the parents will not lend support. I hope that is not the case though.

You are talking about the Munford coach. The TROJANS love their coaches.