(0-2) Centennial at (1-2) Antioch

TheDanPatrick

Let's move on with the season.

(0-2) Centennial at (1-2)Antioch

Antioch has a win over Hillwood which doesn't say much but a win's a win.

How much pressure is on the Cougars? This a must win against a pretty bad team. Centennial is expected to w in and should be highly favored. How much pressure will be on Rector if he begins the season 0-3?

I don't think they'll have to worry about that.

Prediction:

Centennial 28

Antioch 7

Look at their record against ANYBODY in Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson and Wilson counties over the past 10 years and you will know. If they have over a 30% win record I would be HIGHLY surprised.

That is not an answer as to the problem. You think your beloved Rankin could do any better,or is coaching not the problem?

That is not an answer as to the problem. You think your beloved Rankin could do any better,or is coaching not the problem?

The problem in 'Metro' is multi-faceted.

1. Schools do not have the 'neighborhood' feel of old.

2. Little discipline. That I blame of both the administration that does not bear down and the teachers UNION itself.

3. Little Parental involvement and support.

4. Gangs competeing for the kids themselves.

5. Teachers being able to hang on because of 'tenure'.

6. Coaches who are not that good but stay in Metro with its low pay because they really have no where else to go. You see this with how many have tried to 'escape' to the surrounding county systems.

7. Lack of student support on game night. This also applies to some schools in the surrounding counties. This is because alot of kids are working instead of just being allowed to be kids.

8. MONEY!!!!! Both for coaches and facilities and the support for the kids to lift and grow stronger for one PE period each day.

Until all of the above changes I will keep saying the outside schools "SHOULD" win!

Most importantly Rankin is NOT my beloved coach. If you go back to the time he was at R'dale I questioned him then and voiced my opinion/opposition to his NOT helping the kids who play for him to move on to college and his NOT getting on and benching kids because of failing grades. In this the new HC at R'dale is a WAY better Coach.

Clear now? Not knocking your Coach or school as I think the whole argument you and taco have been having has been a waste of time and band width. My comment was just a view from outside looking in if it was at ANY school outside Nashville. <_<

• Upvote 2

2. Little discipline. That I blame of both the administration that does not bear down and the teachers UNION itself.

6. Coaches who are not that good but stay in Metro with its low pay because they really have no where else to go. You see this with how many have tried to 'escape' to the surrounding county systems.

7. Lack of student support on game night. This also applies to some schools in the surrounding counties. This is because alot of kids are working instead of just being allowed to be kids.

8. MONEY!!!!! Both for coaches and facilities and the support for the kids to lift and grow stronger for one PE period each day.

Until all of the above changes I will keep saying the outside schools "SHOULD" win!

Most importantly Rankin is NOT my beloved coach. If you go back to the time he was at R'dale I questioned him then and voiced my opinion/opposition to his NOT helping the kids who play for him to move on to college and his NOT getting on and benching kids because of failing grades. In this the new HC at R'dale is a WAY better Coach.

Clear now? Not knocking your Coach or school as I think the whole argument you and taco have been having has been a waste of time and band width. My comment was just a view from outside looking in if it was at ANY school outside Nashville. <_<

Thanks for your opinion. I was just wondering if Rankin,just using him as a example of a well known and winning coach, could make a impact. I do know you have been very critical of Aydelott and referred to the days of Rankin. As for me and taco,my only debate with him has been his denial to being a coach at Centennial. I still think that is who he is.

Thanks for your opinion. I was just wondering if Rankin,just using him as a example of a well known and winning coach, could make a impact. I do know you have been very critical of Aydelott and referred to the days of Rankin. As for me and taco,my only debate with him has been his denial to being a coach at Centennial. I still think that is who he is.

My problem with Coach A was he was too rigid trying to prove his pure Wing-T theory and ignoring the defense and special teams. This like anything else in the world is changing. I also disagreed with his 'lets be buddies' attitude with his players at the exspense of discipline he brought with him from Nashville. You can help kids and be their coach without sacrificing what is needed discipline wise.

My problem with Coach Rankin was mostly a personality clash between us and his lack of caring for the kids he coaches when it comes to their welfare instead of what they can do to help ME attitude. The man could win AND help his players, but that is not his way.

As to my view of the state of Metro sports, it may be just my perception, but there it is and I can't change it. I am too old and outspoken to take any of it back at this late date.

Excellent analysis.