Maplewood at Riverdale

TDCman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why was the maplewood bench celebrating when brown went down in the 1st qtr?, did i miss something before then

There were players on the field celebrating as well. That's not a very good way to represent your school, team, parents, aunts, uncles, and community.

Riverdale had a pretty tough time handling the speed/quickness of Maplewoood and got burned a couple times. I think they did adjust and the depth just completely wore Maplewood down. Maplewood has some really good players, just not enough of them.

Missed another extra point. One good thing about this game was that Maplewood challenged every play, even on special teams. Riverdale got better at handling their atleticism as the game wore on...except the kickoff return coverage which was bad all night.

Riverdale's defense is going to have its hands full next week and may be down two starters in the defensive backfield. Huge kudos to #15, #5, and #10 for the way they picked up the slack for the injured players last night.

It starts getting really serious next week. District champonship may hang in the balance.

Go Warriors!!

Tougher game than the score reflected. There speed was a definate problem even though they seemed to get most of there ground yards on busted plays. I dont really think the boys were up for this one. The O line seemed sluggish and the special teams were almost asleep. Is it me or is #3 Odom always seem to try and out run the play and never cut to the whole he's suppose to and his return work? Well, we all have seen what he has done, its like he's afraid to catch the ball and get hit. I don't understand while the coaches can't see this on film? They are going to have to play alot better next week or they are going to find themselves in 2nd place in the district. I hope #7 injury isn't that serious. It looked like a hyper extended knee. Congrats to the boys who stepped up to fill the gaps. Big week ahead.....now it gets serious!!! Go Warriors!!

I dont know if Brown is #7 but during warmups #7 was talking a whole lot of stuff and said that Riverdale would win 52 to 0. Maybe had something to do with it. Great game and atmosphere. Riverdale can beat anybo, anywhere, anytime!!!!

Lamar brown is number 7! He may have said that but I guess it's not any different then like 5 people as I walk in the gate screaming Riverdale will get stomped and then yelling MAPLEWOOD!

Ima try to talk to him and see exactly what the injury is but so many people seem so worried about it! So I'll be praying for him!

i dont care if he did say something before the game it made maplewood players and most of all the coaches that were jumping up and down waving the towels look classless, the maplewood coaches should be ashamed of themselves for celebrating like that they should be the ones setting the examples to the kids and you dont wish injury on any kid playing the game, you take a knee and go to the next play, i know for me this will forever stick out in my mind of maplewood high school

Edited by oldschooldawg30