McMinn and Farragut

Oskie1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Oak Ridge film and in my opinion for McMinn to be successful #8 Simbeck needs to have a good game and both the lines need to be physical. I noticed Farragut likes to throw the screens to #14 is a shifty back that they like to get the ball to. They like to run to the left behind #75.

They might have the advantage running in right up the middle againist the cherokees but if they start that east to west running McMinn has enough speed on the corners to offset any advantage Farragut thinks they might have.

Can the cherokees offensive line get the job done is my question? This is a huge Farragut line that will put pressure on Simbeck all night.....maybe moving the pocket a bit isnt a bad idea when McMinn wants to throw it vertical.

McMinn 22

Farragut 21

GO TRIBE!!!

I watched the Oak Ridge film and in my opinion for McMinn to be successful #8 Simbeck needs to have a good game and both the lines need to be physical. I noticed Farragut likes to throw the screens to #14 is a shifty back that they like to get the ball to. They like to run to the left behind #75.

They might have the advantage running in right up the middle againist the cherokees but if they start that east to west running McMinn has enough speed on the corners to offset any advantage Farragut thinks they might have.

Can the cherokees offensive line get the job done is my question? This is a huge Farragut line that will put pressure on Simbeck all night.....maybe moving the pocket a bit isnt a bad idea when McMinn wants to throw it vertical.

McMinn 22

Farragut 21

GO TRIBE!!!

If McMinn can move the pocket and pass effectively without much outside pressure, that might be the best option for passing. Though I still think Simbeck appears to be more comfortable and accurate dropping back. The Cherokees will HAVE TO HAVE some sort of running attack to be competitive. With a strong pass rush from Farragut, a few draws and sprint draws could garner some big yardage if executed properly. Execution, playing assignment football, and playing mistake-free ball (penalties) is critical for the Cherokees if they're to have a chance in this one.

I still think Farragut's enormous size advantage on both sides of the line will be too much for McMinn to overcome, but I'll be there tonight cheering for the Cherokees!!!!!

What the.... :shock: Anyway, it's been longer than that since McMinn beat any body with a winning record. :thumb:

" That's a good one coach, that's a good one"

Heck the Cherokees lined up Meigs in a Home and Home contract for 2011 and 2012......Still have to play an awful Cleveland and Soddy Daisy teams. Bet Bo finished 5-5 and goes to the playoffs.

" That's a good one coach, that's a good one"

Heck the Cherokees lined up Meigs in a Home and Home contract for 2011 and 2012......Still have to play an awful Cleveland and Soddy Daisy teams. Bet Bo finished 5-5 and goes to the playoffs.

:roflol: Can you believe it Old Warhorse??? I say nothing negative and still get blasted!!! :shock: