Cumberland Gap vs Oneida

InjunJoe

I wish I had more time to commit to this, cause it really strikes home, but I dont!

I watched the Middle School Indians play a game last year against an opponent (who will remain nameless) that wasn't gonna do well that day.

First play of the game, A ref from Rockwood calls the ENTIRE Oneida offensive line for hold. Second play, the ENTIRE right side of the Oneida offensive line called for holding. So, next play, It's 1st and 30, Oneida runs 70 yards and scores and goes on to win 46-0. Guess there is only so many penalties you can call in a game. Really? The ENTIRE line was holding. Holding what?

I could literally write a book (a big book, seriously, I type fast!) on how black and white or remarkably grey this same rule book can be, depending on where your at.

I'm not from Oneida. I played ball across the Mississippi River in the huge state that looks like a fryin pan. I tell my buds that Oneida's refs come from the county next door, NEXT door...from the schools we freaking play and they bust out laughing.

Long story short (or is it too late for that). The T$$AA doesnt care a wiff about football, rules, young men or fair play. All they want is the money!

ALL private schools should be in their own division. There should be 4 classifications. The T$$AA should double what they pay a ref's and then pay them big time travel money so refs from Roane Co. arent in Scott Co but over in Trousdale Co or up by Hampton.

Edited by SmashMouth

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash, what your asking is for the human emotion to be taken out. The refs are human and there will always be some kind of bias. No matter who you are, no mater what position you hold. It is impossible to take the emotions out.

Brother, I yell at the refs regardless (no cuss word anymore) because they are human. The home field advantage comes from yelling at the refs....because they ARE human. Eventually, if enough folks yell, you will think "Maybe that is holding?" and call something our way.

I dont want to bust on JetPride cause I respect him, this is T$$AA problem! They should pay their refs double! The T$$AA should weed out the bad refs and then pay them HUGE money to travel. Make it worth ttheir while to be better refs. You mean to tell me you cant raise money in High School Football, really?

There is no way under God's big blue sky, referees should be drive up here to ref games if your from the oppositions home city! Really? is this summer leage kiddie t-ball or High School Football? Can you Imagine what would happen if the folks in Maryville found out 5 of 6 or 8 refs on the field at the Alcoa game had played for Alcoa? That lived in and worked in Alcoa and had all kinds of kin up in Alcoa? That would go over real well.

This kinda BS happens cause noone really cares in the T$$AA. They does the absolute minimum. Oneida is not a pet school so what happens up here in the hills, doesnt really matter.

When I first moved up here, I was rolling my eyes....yeah right...blah, blah, blah, bad ref. After 7 years....my pitch fork is ready brother!

Edited by SmashMouth

Smash.....I got a sling shot I can use pretty well. Serves me well if I ever venture into town. Of course ole Betsy don't quite fire up like she used to, but hitchin' ain't that hard. I can hit a plate glass winder from about 40 yards out.....so you could use me, huh! :rolleyes:

I probably wont aim at the refs...after all that! Jezz guys, can we make the half time any longer? Should have thrown 4 penalties against Oneida. I see why Oneida's coaches didn't say anything. It's a football game, not a fashion show! Sure, lets have a moment for 911, but really? close to 40 minutes? Yikes...way too much!

Congrats to the indians. You all put a whoopin on us. Hopefully cg can get the ship righted and get things goin again. Best of luck to Oneida the rest of the year. Enjoyed the trip but dang, halftime took FOREVER!!!!!!!

Not nearly as long as it took to bring those responsible for having the need for such an evening to justice. I know rules are rules but given the circumstances maybe discretion would have been the better part of valor for those wearing stripes that evening.

Not nearly as long as it took to bring those responsible for having the need for such an evening to justice. I know rules are rules but given the circumstances maybe discretion would have been the better part of valor for those wearing stripes that evening.

Let me clarify by saying, the 9/11 tribute was awesome and very much needed, the best part of the halftime. I just thought that if the Oneida administration knew the tribute was going to happen, which i assume they did, then modifications should have been made to the rest of the halftime activities. I understand it was homecoming, which takes forever to begin with, and I know the bands are always a big part of the halftime show, but at the same time, 20 min is not much time to squeeze all of that in. Maybe speed homecoming up, cut the band a little short, do the tribute, etc. It could have been handled better imo. I'm sure if it was 25-30 min, then the zebras wouldn't have had a problem nor would the CG coach, which I'm sure he was just aggravated at the beating his team was taking at the time. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I am very patriotic and I think anytime we get a chance to honor those that fight and die for us we should. I didn't want to leave that impression on you fine folks in Oneida land! Best of luck to you guys the rest of the year! :thumb: