BA-Stratford

WesVLT

Brentwood Academy hosts Stratford Friday night in its second clash against a Metro team in three weeks. The Eagles (2-1) have loads of momentum after a 42-13 throttling of archrival MBA. The Spartans (2-1) are coming off a 34-7 loss to Pearl-Cohn. The two teams haven't played since 1996 -- a 56-6 Eagles win. Stratford has never beaten BA in four tries and has only cracked double digits once.

BA will name its score tonight. I'll be posting from the game, and invite other BA (or Stratford) folks to do so, too. My pick: BA 55, Stratford 6

BA wins 42-21. Stratford scored its last 2 touchdowns agains 2nd and 3rd teams, but they are a fast team and had a lot of fight. They only had 27 dressed out for the game and by then end I thought there were running out of gas. The game got a little chippy for a while and there were a bunch of personal fouls (primarily on Stratford), but both team seemed to settle down after the half. The outcome wasn't ever really in doubt but Stratford surprized me -- they were tougher than I though they'd be.