Gleason @ McKenzie

rebelsnook

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i dont wont to hear any team talk about being young.. Mckenzie will be starting 8 sophmores.. that is hard to compete with that many young kids.. if someone wants to beat mckenzie they better do it this year...21 chavez rb,lb,82 kelley DL,TE,66 Harris OL, 63 Maxwell OL, 40 Smith, FB, LB, 47 Alexander LB,FB, 15 Lowrance DB and some juniors that start also.. it is exciting to see these young guys mature each week, Mckenzie has alot to look forward to in times ahead..!!!

lol i dont wont to hear any team talk about being young.. Mckenzie will be starting 8 sophmores.. that is hard to compete with that many young kids.. if someone wants to beat mckenzie they better do it this year...21 chavez rb,lb,82 kelley DL,TE,66 Harris OL, 63 Maxwell OL, 40 Smith, FB, LB, 47 Alexander LB,FB, 15 Lowrance DB and some juniors that start also.. it is exciting to see these young guys mature each week, Mckenzie has alot to look forward to in times ahead..!!!

I agree. I think last count we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 sophmores and 17 freshman. As you stated, alot of those sophmores starting.

Well said. The Rebels will be as young as anyone we face on the field this season. They are coming along just fine too. There is at least one junior that comes to mind immediately that is starting for the first time this season too and doing an awsome job for us. I completely expect the Rebels will be back to business as usual at the very least the next two seasons after this one and we aren't gonna roll over for anyone this season!!!!!! These Rebels have a really good sprinkling of MRP and they know what it takes to get it done on the field. The coaches are doing a great job of developing them and making them better every week. The Rebs are going to enter into the meat of their schedule very soon and there will be some very tough games.

Guess I'm calling out the fans to stick with the Rebels thru this run of tough opponents!! :thumb::popcorneater:

I agree Duck, if we lose 3 or 4 games this year, everyone still needs to support the kids, those young kids have worked there butts off all year long and we need to support them.. i hope these mckenzie fans are not spoiled with these 13-2 13-1, 12-2, seasons because that is hard to keep that up.. this year if we win 7 games i will be tickled pink.... we have 3 seniors playing now that had alot of playing time last year, vinson, taylor and hicks, the rest of them are at their first go, and are improving every week.. i am not making excuses just stating facts, rebels are still finding ways to win.. defense gave up 14 vs. westview, 7 vs. dresden and 0 vs. trenton.. D is pretty solid..

I agree Duck, if we lose 3 or 4 games this year, everyone still needs to support the kids, those young kids have worked there butts off all year long and we need to support them.. i hope these mckenzie fans are not spoiled with these 13-2 13-1, 12-2, seasons because that is hard to keep that up.. this year if we win 7 games i will be tickled pink.... we have 3 seniors playing now that had alot of playing time last year, vinson, taylor and hicks, the rest of them are at their first go, and are improving every week.. i am not making excuses just stating facts, rebels are still finding ways to win.. defense gave up 14 vs. westview, 7 vs. dresden and 0 vs. trenton.. D is pretty solid..

I hate to get into the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" thing BUT, if we play Westview this week we beat them. The score with Dresden IMO was about right. Should have been 28-0 last Friday in favor of the Rebels. But that is in a perfect scenario based on what happened on the field. Perfect seldom happens in high school football. In short, I'm saying the Rebels are better than this season has indicated to date. I do agree that our defense is pretty awsome......need to be better on pass coverage overall though.

On offfense, our line is some better at run AND pass blocking. Our receivers are stepping up now. AND our running game showed so pop when hitting the corners. Our inside game is good but need to open it up by running off the corners and we did that last Friday night. Luke has got to be 100% nerves as the new starter at QB. he will continue to get better. Last Friday his passes showed a lot of touch instead of just throwing rockets and it worked great.....well except fot 2 passes and that is being addressed this week in practice without a doubt.

These Rebels will be just fine. Regular season probably not 9-1 or maybe not even 8-2 but, we can seriously look at 6-4 or even better. The next 2 seasons at least will be barn burners!!!!

Closing here, I have a gut feeling the Rebels are going to surprise us this season too. You heard it here first!!! More opinions as the season progresses. Don't want to use it all up in this post. But we ARE talking about high school boys and emotions often get the best of them (not necessarily talking about the Rebels here)!!!LOL

Edited by duckman38201

I agree with duck's post. Also, the Freshman kicker looked a whole lot better. I believe when he got hit on that first kick, that is what he needed to relieve the nerves and pressure. It gave him confidence.

Win or lose, Rebels fans continue to support these young men.

Hello to my family from Gleason! Good luck to the Rebels!

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

GO REBELS!

ALWAYS THERE TO MAKE A LITTLE NOISE FOR YOU,

THE REBEL ROWDY CROWD

Wow...just wow.

Hats off to Gleason, played very well, much better than I ever anticipated. To be quite honest, you probably should have beaten us.

Sadly, I feel like we've taken a big step backwards in terms of improving offensively this week. Had a few shining moments, but...we're young and inexperienced and we've got some major growing pains, that's all I can really say. Congrats to the Rebel Defense for making the big stand and getting the win.