Soddy Daisy

Fedman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen, there's nothing wrong with the scheme, just too many guys going both ways. Whether it's lack of talent, or just lack of backups. But, if you feel there is a problem with scheme, talk to the coaches! Don't get on coach t and talk bad about the program you obviously have ties to SD and care where the and what the program does. Im sure YOUR scheme is WAY better than the coaches that have been coaching much longer than you!!!

From what I've seen, there's nothing wrong with the scheme, just too many guys going both ways. Whether it's lack of talent, or just lack of backups. But, if you feel there is a problem with scheme, talk to the coaches! Don't get on coach t and talk bad about the program you obviously have ties to SD and care where the and what the program does. Im sure YOUR scheme is WAY better than the coaches that have been coaching much longer than you!!!

I agree linemen going both ways is a big issue. We do get our 6"6" 300 pound left tackle back this week so maybe that will help with the defensive line rotation. Good Luck Friday Trojans. Lets go get a w.

;)

You do realize there are only 3 kids that go both ways the majority of the time. Thats not the issue. The issue is the scheme. In a 3-4 defense it is the responsibility of the linemen to be run stoppers and the line backers are the pass rushers. It is not the responsibily of the line backers to cover deep routes over the middle. We never blitz the linebackers as you should in a 3-4. If you don't run the schemes the right way then you have a problem with the scheme. You have to be able to make adjustments to fit your personel in high shcool. Your not able to recruit to bring in kids to run your scheme...well maybe at some schools. With this being said there maybe some wheels turning in the right direction. ;)

Looking forward to the next few games.

Edited by foozballman

;)

..... You have to be able to make adjustments to fit your personel in high shcool. Your not able to recruit to bring in kids to run your scheme...well maybe at some schools........ ;)

You need help recruiting? :rolleyes: Seriously, I hope you guys get it done and have a good rest of the season. :popcorneater:

;)

You do realize there are only 3 kids that go both ways the majority of the time. Thats not the issue. The issue is the scheme. In a 3-4 defense it is the responsibility of the linemen to be run stoppers and the line backers are the pass rushers. It is not the responsibily of the line backers to cover deep routes over the middle. We never blitz the linebackers as you should in a 3-4. If you don't run the schemes the right way then you have a problem with the scheme. You have to be able to make adjustments to fit your personel in high shcool. Your not able to recruit to bring in kids to run your scheme...well maybe at some schools. With this being said there maybe some wheels turning in the right direction. ;)

3 players!!??? That shows how much you pay attention!!! You may be referring to the three big boys that are playing both ways. All three d-linemen play o-line every snap from what I've seen. Plus two more skill guys that get breathers every once in a while! Either way, It's hard for an o-lineman to go 100% in an offensive drive, get a one-play blow then go right back out there and go 100% on defense!

3 players!!??? That shows how much you pay attention!!! You may be referring to the three big boys that are playing both ways. All three d-linemen play o-line every snap from what I've seen. Plus two more skill guys that get breathers every once in a while! Either way, It's hard for an o-lineman to go 100% in an offensive drive, get a one-play blow then go right back out there and go 100% on defense!

I didn't want to do this and parents I apologize for mentioning names but something has to be cleared up because obviously I am not paying very good attention.

We run a 3-4 scheme therefore we have 3 linemen on every defensive play. The only 2 defensive lineman that has played both ways the majority of the time has been Ables, who would return punts if they asked him to and Bliss does as well

The other d-linemen(most of the time)have been Ricketts (a few snaps a game on offense) and Moody(0 offense) other rotating d-linemen have been: Grant (0) offense, Gamble (0) offense. Swanson will get more playing time and Sealey will return Friday and play both ways.

The offensive linemen that play everydown are Ables and Bliss(already discussed) Millsaps (no defense) Hineman (no defense), Ooten (no defense) Marler (no defense)

So please enlighten me on the BIGS that play both ways all of the time as I am not paying attention.

We rotate enough kids to give them a break. Maybe not an entire Defense or Offensive posession but enough. These are all good kids. Its not a lack of talent or DEPTH.

The 3 I originally was talking about was Abens, Keller(WR/DB), and Bliss

Edited by foozballman

I didn't want to do this and parents I apologize for mentioning names but something has to be cleared up because obviously I am not paying very good attention.

We run a 3-4 scheme therefore we have 3 linemen on every defensive play. The only 2 defensive lineman that has played both ways the majority of the time has been Ables, who would return punts if they asked him to and Bliss does as well

The other d-linemen(most of the time)have been Ricketts (a few snaps a game on offense) and Moody(0 offense) other rotating d-linemen have been: Grant (0) offense, Gamble (0) offense. Swanson will get more playing time and Sealey will return Friday and play both ways.

The offensive linemen that play everydown are Ables and Bliss(already discussed) Millsaps (no defense) Hineman (no defense), Ooten (no defense) Marler (no defense)

So please enlighten me on the BIGS that play both ways all of the time as I am not paying attention.

We rotate enough kids to give them a break. Maybe not an entire Defense or Offensive posession but enough. These are all good kids. Its not a lack of talent or DEPTH.

The 3 I originally was talking about was Abens, Keller(WR/DB), and Bliss

People that play both ways:

Swanson starts on both sides of the ball

Ables- obviouis

Bliss- obvious

Millsaps - starts o line and yes does play d-line

Spencer- Starts on Defense and Starts in the 2 back offensive set

Abens- Starts both sides of the ball

Keller- Starts both sides of the ball

Tucker- Starts both sides of the ball

Moody- through 3 games, Started both sides of the ball

Ooten- Starts on Oline and has played Dline

Alex Roberts- Starts on Offense and also plays some defense

Hodges- starts at LB and has been forced to play oline at times because of depth and people being TIRED!!!

Ced- Even ced has been forced to play both ways because of a lack of depth

I think Marler has only played a little bit so far.

Hineman hasn't played offense or defense except in the 4th quarter.

I think the only person that has played D-line through the first 3 games that hasn't played a down on offense is Gamble. The People that have only played one side of the ball either offense or defense:

C.J. Brown- WR

Standifer- QB

Caleb Jordan, has only played sparringly - RB

Cox- LB, hasn't played since Baylor because of Concussion

Caleb Watson- CB

People that play both ways:

Swanson starts on both sides of the ball

Ables- obviouis

Bliss- obvious

Millsaps - starts o line and yes does play d-line

Spencer- Starts on Defense and Starts in the 2 back offensive set

Abens- Starts both sides of the ball

Keller- Starts both sides of the ball

Tucker- Starts both sides of the ball

Moody- through 3 games, Started both sides of the ball

Ooten- Starts on Oline and has played Dline

Alex Roberts- Starts on Offense and also plays some defense

Hodges- starts at LB and has been forced to play oline at times because of depth and people being TIRED!!!

Ced- Even ced has been forced to play both ways because of a lack of depth

I think Marler has only played a little bit so far.

Hineman hasn't played offense or defense except in the 4th quarter.

I think the only person that has played D-line through the first 3 games that hasn't played a down on offense is Gamble. The People that have only played one side of the ball either offense or defense:

C.J. Brown- WR

Standifer- QB

Caleb Jordan, has only played sparringly - RB

Cox- LB, hasn't played since Baylor because of Concussion

Caleb Watson- CB

Now with that cleared up (I think). Why has SD been outscored 49 to 149 in three games ?

Edited by Fedman

Now with that cleared up (I think). Why has SD been outscored 49 to 149 in three games ?

Because as I just found out your considered playing both ways the majority of the time if

you play defense and then play offense for 2 plays in a game. The funny part about this isthat

we are the largest school in Hamilton County and yet we are the only team that has playersplayin

both ways.

If you would like to watch film of the Red Bank game it is online. Maybe you can count how many players

they have that went both ways for them the MAJORITY of the time. For instance like both their

quarterbacks, both running backs, 2 of their wide recievers and 4 linemen. Basically their entire team.

KIDS GO BOTH WAYS thats high school football especially in Hamilton County all teams skill kids and linemen do. You play the best players on as many plays as you can. Unless you play in Murfreesborough and have 2400 kids to pick through.