Tennessee High @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Vikings
    • Rebels

Cap, I'm not calling this one, but unlike you , I believe it will be high scoring. I just hope South is tacking on TDs while the Vikes are settling for some FGs.

Is Delaney still wearing #32 or has he changed numbers? Seems to me he would figure prominently in the Viking attack? Also #20 and #21 got some juice don't they Cap?

It just seems like the numbers are down with only about 45 on the roster? And looking at that roster, only 7 players over 200 lbs, with only one over 235, is small for a 5A perennial power. It is tough to feature a run game and sure hard to stop one with that size. Va. High ran it like 48 times and never threw a pass? Crazy stuff.

He is. One paper mistakenly listed his roster number as #9. I know Pinder and Bunche appeared to have some wheels in one of the scrimmages I saw.

And in reference to the run game, neither of the teams that beat THS had much of a passing game if one at all. As you said above VHS didn't throw a pass all night long. Jeff County only had about 3 completions out of 10 attempts. Their qb was throwing some really nice spirals on the sideline, but the receivers had difficulty catching his passes.

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Flag Waivers need to be ready for the Vikings new Coaches favorite trick play.... punting on 3rd down. He could be used to the CFL - maybe we should call them the Tn High Canadians now?

Art, this trick play can be used for any down so don't always bank on it happening on 3rd down.

I believe he read it in one of Gilligan's books. :popcorneater:

Edited by THSVikings2004

:mellow:

everyone was optimistic

db, TH, SS fighting for top 5A spot gonna be close this year

TH is gonna be the top spot, db 0-1 fans uneasy, SS no one knows cuz it was a team from nc

db 0 and 2 fans jump ship, TH rolling this will be there year, SS fans turn on one another

TH takes step back, db wins a game and suddenly they r ok, SS "imploding"

TH season is over no hope, SS quite, db will dominate everyone

So pretty much in 4 games we've had each fan base pound their chest and hang there head. 5A is up for grabs if any of those three teams wants it. I believe tonights winner comes out 5A leader at the end of the season. I know this will be a very unpopular post with the db fans. You shouldn't get upset though cuz the opposite of what I say always happens.

2 or 3 years ago SS posters were the most vocal, but I believe there are two left. 2 or 3 years ago the db posters were few, amazing what some wins do for a program, now they are everywhere. TH gets the consistency award however when it comes to posters.

:mellow:

everyone was optimistic

db, TH, SS fighting for top 5A spot gonna be close this year

TH is gonna be the top spot, db 0-1 fans uneasy, SS no one knows cuz it was a team from nc

db 0 and 2 fans jump ship, TH rolling this will be there year, SS fans turn on one another

TH takes step back, db wins a game and suddenly they r ok, SS "imploding"

TH season is over no hope, SS quite, db will dominate everyone

So pretty much in 4 games we've had each fan base pound their chest and hang there head. 5A is up for grabs if any of those three teams wants it. I believe tonights winner comes out 5A leader at the end of the season. I know this will be a very unpopular post with the db fans. You shouldn't get upset though cuz the opposite of what I say always happens.

2 or 3 years ago SS posters were the most vocal, but I believe there are two left. 2 or 3 years ago the db posters were few, amazing what some wins do for a program, now they are everywhere. TH gets the consistency award however when it comes to posters.

A pretty heady synopsis from such a small cross-section RC. As you say only a handful of posters giving opinions now. That is probably not a very accurate glimpse into the psyche of a fanbase. You are right though about the Boonies: FB used to be the only one on here to talk Blazer football. I love the bandwagoners! Cap and 04 are pretty constant and reliable for the Vikings. Cap smacks it good, but always calls it like he sees it and 04 is great with insight and inside info on his team and others. I really miss Comp from the South side. He has had some health issues and needs our prayers. He would normally have composed his annual gridiron tribute to Edgar Allen Poe with his black devil train prose regarding this matchup. Some may have been annoyed by that, but I have always enjoyed the enthusiasm and passion high school football junkies have for the game no matter how they choose to express it Bring on the hoopla!!! You do a good job with the humor my friend. Keep it up. thumb[1].gif

Wow.....well trespassing on school grounds will get you even though I think it is hilarious...but a little far fetched...

What the heck is going on, the two most vocal groups in the Big 8 and we are on page 1? Come on guys we are only into week 4, not time to hang it up yet!

Far fetched,hilarious???? Whatever the case may be. I would like to send out some kudos to the THS coaching staff for recognizing discipline issues. More so then that....setting firm policies and following through on the process. Sounds like the inmates have been placed back into their cells and doors locked. The inmates are no longer running the castle! Fewer athletes will expose coaching deficiencies. Sounds like a few more hours on the chalk board. The old saying....."when the going gets tough, the tough get going" plays a big role at this point. THS will find it easy to detect the imposters vs. The guys that really take pride in the tradition of the horns. Good luck tonight! I will not make it to the game tonight. I have a touch of cat scratch fever!!!! And as always............"SPEED KILLS"

Far fetched,hilarious???? Whatever the case may be. I would like to send out some kudos to the THS coaching staff for recognizing discipline issues. More so then that....setting firm policies and following through on the process. Sounds like the inmates have been placed back into their cells and doors locked. The inmates are no longer running the castle! Fewer athletes will expose coaching deficiencies. Sounds like a few more hours on the chalk board. The old saying....."when the going gets tough, the tough get going" plays a big role at this point. THS will find it easy to detect the imposters vs. The guys that really take pride in the tradition of the horns. Good luck tonight! I will not make it to the game tonight. I have a touch of cat scratch fever!!!! And as always............"SPEED KILLS"

Looks like the cat got scratched tonight. :popcorneater: Knew that wouldn't last.

Sounds like it was a heck of a game. Hope all the kids get back to being healthy and we'll see what happens.

Those are the tough ones to lose. They'll have an off week next week. The Boone-THS match up is critical for both teams if either one wants a shot at making the playoffs. Remember, unless some rules have been changed, 5 wins might not be good enough.

That was a great game. However it still seemed like neither wanted to win. I know that's not true, but plenty of mistakes to go around for both sides. SS has put themselves into position for the top 5A spot out of the "not so" Big 8. IMO SS took way to many big sacks. Why not just throw it away? Would that be worse than taking an 8 yd loss? TH looked really good at times, but really awful at times. Can I get TH some stick-em or is that stuff illegal? The only thing missing last night was my entourage, lol. Don't get me wrong the South fans I was around were great. Miss my crew. Get better quick FMo, friday nights just aren't the same.