New Metro Nashville Coaches

OffTheRecord

There are a lot of new coaches in Nashville. What does anyone think of them? Which one will have the best team or the biggest impact?

I don't know if I know all of the hires, but I will take a shot.

Hillsboro-Cherish Stringfield. Takes over a talented team that is on the decline. Hillsboro probably won't be getting all of the special transfers they've gotten for years, and that will hurt them over the long hall. That being said, they are a good team that is very athletic and will compete for the district title.

East Lit-Missy Donelson-Obviously, a coach that has a mixed history. Won a state championship at Coffee County, but didn't win much at Smyrna. The team doens't look to be very good.

Pearl-Cohn-Katrina Carter-Had great success at Hillsboro, but there had to be some issues since she was let go. It will interesting to see how she builds a program from scratch as opposed to taking over an established program.

Maplewood-Lemore McGill-An experienced coach who has had success just about everywhere he's gone. He's built programs and he's taken good programs to higher levels. That being said, I don't think they'll be very good this year.

• Upvote 1

Hillsboro-Cherish Stringfield. Takes over a talented team that is on the decline. Hillsboro probably won't be getting all of the special transfers they've gotten for years, and that will hurt them over the long hall. That being said, they are a good team that is very athletic and will compete for the district title.

East Lit-Missy Donelson-Obviously, a coach that has a mixed history. Won a state championship at Coffee County, but didn't win much at Smyrna. The team doens't look to be very good.

Pearl-Cohn-Katrina Carter-Had great success at Hillsboro, but there had to be some issues since she was let go. It will interesting to see how she builds a program from scratch as opposed to taking over an established program.

Maplewood-Lemore McGill-An experienced coach who has had success just about everywhere he's gone. He's built programs and he's taken good programs to higher levels. That being said, I don't think they'll be very good this year.

Thanks for the input. Maplewood was my Alma Mater (class of '63).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coach McGill!

There are a lot of new coaches in Nashville. What does anyone think of them? Which one will have the best team or the biggest impact?

Watch Cherish Stringfield.....this will turn out very well once she can implement her system. There may be a few rough bumps early on, but I be they will finish strong.

Cherish is very bright - this was a great hire by Hillsboro.

Watch Cherish Stringfield.....this will turn out very well once she can implement her system. There may be a few rough bumps early on, but I be they will finish strong.

Cherish is very bright - this was a great hire by Hillsboro.

Word from CHS is that they are thankful she is gone. Very lazy and not much of a "teaching" coach. Can coach athletes, but cant coach basketball. Of course CHS basketball hasnt been much over the years, but it seems to have gotten worse when she got there.