West Tn. Top 10

tricklician

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a conversation I was having with another poster on the other boards...I had to do 12 teams when including Shelby County/Memphis...who of course is part of West TN!

1. Whitehaven 5-0

2. Henry County 5-0

3. Memphis East 5-0

4. Arlington 4-1 lost opening week at Riverdale

5. White Station 3-2 lost to Arlington & Whitehaven

6. Lexington 4-0

7. Millington 4-0

8. CBHS 3-1 lost to White Station 13-12

9. MUS 2-3 lost to Ensworth, Olive Branch, and South Panola

10.Milan 4-0

11.St. Benedict 4-0

12.ECS 4-0

Honorable Mention to St. George's (4-1), Chester County (5-0) Huntingdon (5-0), USJ (4-1), Humboldt (3-1), Obion County (5-0), Dyer County (4-1), Covington (4-1), Brighton (3-1)

Now...let's hear the comments, modifications, and insults!

This is a lot more realistic for a West TN poll may want to add Brighton as of today

Hmm.. 2 bad games for Millington and still win.. Other teams would lose with 10 fumbles in one game... Bartlett only score was from a fumble which was 5 yards away from there endzone. We had 130 yards in penalties called against us. Everytime we had a long run a flag is thrown (Home Cooking by Refs whom a few were Bartlett Grads). Then the Munford game... we lost three fumbles to them. Also had several penalties.. Our blocking was terrible along with pass coverage. Our guys took Bartlett and Munford lightly and mistakes happen. Millington will surprise us tomorrow night mark my words!

Hmm.. 2 bad games for Millington and still win.. Other teams would lose with 10 fumbles in one game... Bartlett only score was from a fumble which was 5 yards away from there endzone. We had 130 yards in penalties called against us. Everytime we had a long run a flag is thrown (Home Cooking by Refs whom a few were Bartlett Grads). Then the Munford game... we lost three fumbles to them. Also had several penalties.. Our blocking was terrible along with pass coverage. Our guys took Bartlett and Munford lightly and mistakes happen. Millington will surprise us tomorrow night mark my words!

If Millington is turning the ball over that many times a game, being penalized that often, and having problems protecting the passer, and not focusing on the opponent from week to week, then maybe Millington is listed "too high" on this list. Thanks for pointing these things out...Good luck however against Brighton...whe shall know more about each team after tonight!

DHSFB64....where did you get your crystal ball...or do you work in Vegas? You dont know who will beat who in Tn. HS football. You can only speculate like the rest of us do.....just sayin!

I don't know about all of the teams but, I have seen Millington play and three of the honorable mention teams and they would lose by 2-3 tds to the 3 HM teams I saw.