SD Trojans @ Central PurplePounders

SoddyDaisyCajun

Well we could not shut the run down, they came out in a Spread Offense, threw a post on their 1st play. They surprised us by passing so much, but most of the passes ended up with all 4 recievers going long, then the QB running the ball. They finally went to the Wing-T when they went up 2 TD;s, but Yellow flags and T/O did them end.

I bet they did have ya ll confused coming out in the spread...........congrats on the win!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense was ugly very ugly but has been all year and is not going to change. Even with the defense not being able to stop Central if not for several dropped passes Soddy wins by 3 scores. Offense continues to improve but will not be able to outscore every team they play from here on.

I agree Falcon.I am surprised Thatguy has not responded with a barrage of defensive brilliance. Hopefully the team can take the win and some confidence to next weeks game.

I agree Falcon.I am surprised Thatguy has not responded with a barrage of defensive brilliance. Hopefully the team can take the win and some confidence to next weeks game.

I agree, they looked a little lost at first, but came through when they needed to. I did manage to talk to little orr and some of the players, and just like soddydaisycajun said, they only threw it 25 times in the previous 4 games combined and when they came out in the spread and was throwing it, it caught them by suprise, and they weren't ready for it. I was told they prepared for the wing-t, which they had shown on film. Was Central more athletic/faster than soddy.... yes, but given that it's a football game and players make plays. The defense fed off of the offense's momentum and when they got going, I felt that the defense really settled down and they made plays when they needed to.

Soddy made enough plays to win on offense and defense and they won the game. Though standifer played alot better this week, had 2 or 3 td's.

soddyfalcon, won't be able to outscore every opponent from here on?? haha isn't that the point of football and pretty much every game involving a ball. now that was funny

Bottom line is Soddy got the win. Central is a very athletic team and have had a chance to win every game they have played. This was a big win for Soddy and I hope we can keep the momentum going.Defense and Offense both are getting better and that is all you can ask for. If we beat Ooltewah this week we are in second place in the district. Lets get the boys fired up this week and go get another W. GO TROJANS!!!