Gibbs @ CAK

FootballDad

CAK is coming off a good win over Loudon and Gibbs just lost a 1pt game to Gatlinburg-Pittman. This is a big game for both teams. CAK needs to get another good performance from their defense against a run oriented team like Gibbs to show that they are improving at stopping the run. The triple option that Gibbs will throw at them will be a great test. The CAK offense needs to get off cruise control and fly with a little more purpose than in the past 2 games. The offense has done well, but IMHO just slightly out of sync compared to what they are capable of. I think this will be a good contest between 2 schools who have not faced each other since 2006. Both of these teams need to win to carry some momentum into their district schedules down the stretch. What are your thoughts?

I just don't know much about the Eagles and this thread hasn't exactly been full of a lot of information. I see where Gibbs won 3 games against some weak teams, but they won convincingly and didn't give up hardly any points. Their 2 losses are to pretty good teams and they had 12 or 13 turnovers combined in those 2 games. So it appears to me that when they can keep the turnovers to a minimum then they are a pretty decent team. I've heard they have a pretty good offensive line with one very large D1 prospect and a shifty QB who can run the option well but is turnover prone and doesn't throw the ball well. This will be a good test to see if CAK's defense can put good back to back good together against a running offense. Scores indicate Gibbs has a good defense, but have they faced a well executed spread passing attack? I think CAK can score on just about anyone and they generally score big when they are executing well. I guess we will just have to wait till Friday to find out.

I just don't know much about the Eagles and this thread hasn't exactly been full of a lot of information. I see where Gibbs won 3 games against some weak teams, but they won convincingly and didn't give up hardly any points. Their 2 losses are to pretty good teams and they had 12 or 13 turnovers combined in those 2 games. So it appears to me that when they can keep the turnovers to a minimum then they are a pretty decent team. I've heard they have a pretty good offensive line with one very large D1 prospect and a shifty QB who can run the option well but is turnover prone and doesn't throw the ball well. This will be a good test to see if CAK's defense can put good back to back good together against a running offense. Scores indicate Gibbs has a good defense, but have they faced a well executed spread passing attack? I think CAK can score on just about anyone and they generally score big when they are executing well. I guess we will just have to wait till Friday to find out.

Hearing that they're playing against a good offensive line (something I didn't see Loudon having), has me worried. Grace's O-line whipped ours despite being undersized. This game could be a very close one if the D-line doesn't step up big time. The option has traditionally given CAK fits, not necessarily resulting in losses every time, but it does give a slight advantage on that side. I think Gibbs will have a very tough time stopping our explosive offense. This one is a little closer than some think, at least for a while, with CAK winning by at least 2 TDs.

Glad to see gameday finally here! Cannot wait to see how CAK matches up with the "boys of fall." Can CAK stop the Run? Can Gibbs stop the pass? Also cannot wait to eat some nanner puddin! :hungry:

I believe this will be a good contest between 2 contrasting styles of football. Gibbs is typically a hard nosed bunch and knows how to run the football and control the clock. I expect that they will have some success against the CAK defense running the triple option and score some points. The Warrior D just needs to limit the damage to stats rather than a bunch of points on the score board and get some turnovers. If they can do that, then I believe we can score enough points to win. It is going to be difficult for Gibbs to cover the CAK receivers for an entire game.

Wishing the best for both teams to have an injury free contest and safe travel. See you at Warrior Stadium. GO WARRIORS!!

I believe this will be a good contest between 2 contrasting styles of football. Gibbs is typically a hard nosed bunch and knows how to run the football and control the clock. I expect that they will have some success against the CAK defense running the triple option and score some points. The Warrior D just needs to limit the damage to stats rather than a bunch of points on the score board and get some turnovers. If they can do that, then I believe we can score enough points to win. It is going to be difficult for Gibbs to cover the CAK receivers for an entire game.

Wishing the best for both teams to have an injury free contest and safe travel. See you at Warrior Stadium. GO WARRIORS!!

I've heard the field looks "sick!"

Congratulations to the Warriors. A nice win. Happy to get the victory, I don't think coach would have ever let you wear the black jerseys again if you had lost, ha. I thought the defense played well overall for the 2nd straight week. Still lots of room to improve, but the D line did a much better job of controlling the LOS and the LB's played well against the triple option, which is difficult to defend and requires players playing assignment football. Gibbs played hard and took advantage of the defensive scheme a couple of times with some lob passes over the middle. They also stung CAK with a nice kickoff return for a TD. I thought the Eagles did a good job of not coughing up the football like they had in their previous losses, but the one they did have was costly as they were on a drive deep in Warrior territory. They threw an INT on almost the last play of the game that was inconsequential. CAK's offense is stout, no doubt, and had another typical statistical night. (wow, I should have been a poet, ha :mrgreen: ). However; the offense did seem to sputter, especially in the first half. Gibbs got more pressure on the QB than what we have seen recently and also took away the deep ball most of the time. But the CAK receivers continue to impress with yards after the catch, this is a special bunch! All 3 starting receivers had over 100 yds receiving. The QB posted some big numbers again and he makes it look so routine that it doesn't seem to cause a buzz any more when he passes for over 400 yds, wow.(almost 500 yds last night). The Warriors need to be more balanced offensively IMHO and we did see a few more runs in the second half, and they were very effective. I thought the refs were way too involved in this game. Flags thrown all night against both teams. I haven't seen the penalty yard stats, but I shutter to think what they look like. Was hoping for an injury free contest, but looks like the Warriors may have lost #85 for a while with a knee injury, prayerfully not. Good job overall and a nice win :thumb: