Who wins 12aa this year?

Tiger_4_life

The district right now looks to be led by Spring Hill at #1. Following Spring Hill you have Giles & Marshall (the Bobcats won the head-to-head meeting) at #2 and #3.

#4 is up for grabs with East Hickman, Fairview, and Lewis County being the strongest contenders. East Hickman shocked Fairview the other night and got a leg up on the Yellow Jackets early in the season.

Summit is a new school still trying to find themselves. Hickman County & Page don't really look to be "factors" outside of playing one another in the "play-in" game to see who gets to play #1 in the opening round of the district tourney.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 12-AA Standings & Remaining Games

1.) Spring Hill: 7-0 (games remaining are East Hickman, Summit, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Hickman, Page, Marshall, East Hickman)

2.) Giles County: 4-1 (games remaining are Fairview, Hickman, Marshall, Spring Hill, Page, East Hickman, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Hickman)

3.) Marshall County: 5-2 (games remaining are Hickman, Giles, East Hickman, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Spring Hill, Hickman)

4.) Fairview: 3-3 (games remaining are Giles, Lewis, Page, Spring Hill, Hickman, East Hickman, Marshall, Summit, Giles, Lewis)

4.) Lewis County: 3-3 (games remaining are Summit, Fairview, Hickman, Page, Marshall, Spring Hill, Giles, East Hickman, Summit, Fairview)

6.) East Hickman: 2-4 (games remaining are Page, Spring Hill, Marshall, Summit, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Hickman, Page, Spring Hill)

7.) Page: 1-4 (games remaining are East Hickman, Summit, Fairview, Lewis, Giles, Hickman, Marshall, Spring Hill, Giles, East Hickman, Summit)

8.) Summit: 1-5 (games remaining are Lewis, Page, Spring Hill, Hickman, East Hickman, Marshall, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Page)

8.) Hickman County: 1-5 (games remaining are Marshall, Giles, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Spring Hill, East Hickman, Marshall, Giles)

District 12-AA Standings & Remaining Games

1.) Spring Hill: 7-0 (games remaining are East Hickman, Summit, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Hickman, Page, Marshall, East Hickman)

2.) Giles County: 4-1 (games remaining are Fairview, Hickman, Marshall, Spring Hill, Page, East Hickman, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Hickman)

3.) Marshall County: 5-2 (games remaining are Hickman, Giles, East Hickman, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Spring Hill, Hickman)

4.) Fairview: 3-3 (games remaining are Giles, Lewis, Page, Spring Hill, Hickman, East Hickman, Marshall, Summit, Giles, Lewis)

4.) Lewis County: 3-3 (games remaining are Summit, Fairview, Hickman, Page, Marshall, Spring Hill, Giles, East Hickman, Summit, Fairview)

6.) East Hickman: 2-4 (games remaining are Page, Spring Hill, Marshall, Summit, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Hickman, Page, Spring Hill)

7.) Page: 1-4 (games remaining are East Hickman, Summit, Fairview, Lewis, Giles, Hickman, Marshall, Spring Hill, Giles, East Hickman, Summit)

8.) Summit: 1-5 (games remaining are Lewis, Page, Spring Hill, Hickman, East Hickman, Marshall, Giles, Fairview, Lewis, Page)

8.) Hickman County: 1-5 (games remaining are Marshall, Giles, Lewis, Summit, Page, Fairview, Spring Hill, East Hickman, Marshall, Giles)

Giles and SH should finish the season tied, not sure how you determine #1 but it is clear these are the top two teams.

1.) Spring Hill (8-0)

2.) Giles County (6-1)

3.) Marshall County (6-2)

4.) Fairview (4-4)

5.) Lewis County (4-4)

6.) Page (3-4)

7.) East Hickman (2-6)

8.) Summit (1-7)

9.) Hickman County (1-7)

Giles & Page haven't played "8 games" like everyone else has yet because they still have to play one another twice while every other team has 1 remaining game against the remainder of the district.

#1 looks like a solid choice at this point with wins over each of their top "contenders" at this point in the season.

#'s 2 and 3 will be close the rest of the way (could depend on how each does in their rematch with Spring Hill if Marshall is able to beat Giles the second time around.

#'s 4, 5, and 6 are anyone's guess but THE KEY HERE is that you want to be either #4 or #5 so that you don't wind up at #6 and have to play one of the district's top 3 teams early in the tourney. 1 of these 3 teams will likely qualify for the Region Tournament (the state's final 64).

#'s 7, 8, and 9 are also a question mark at this point. The key here is that #7 gets to play #2 in the district while #'s 8 and 9 have to go through a "play-in game" just to be able to play #1. Either route doesn't look like a "bright" future for any of these 3 teams heading into the postseason.

No 1 doesnt seem to be clear to me. Could be a 3 way tie when all said and done. SH will come to Giles with a long winning streak and the hotbox is not a good place to come in over confident and beat a good team they only beat by 3 first time. Should be GC and SH tied at the top, but when you deal with teenagers you never know.

Spring Hill beat Giles County for the 2nd time this season last night. They are also 1-0 against Marshall County. The Raiders are going to win the regular season district title.

Giles County swept the season series against Marshall County. They have the "inside track" to finish #2 in the district.

Marshall County is the team that everyone is looking to finish #3 in the district. They are 7-3 in the district and only have 1 remaining game against the Top 2 teams.

Fairview and Page are each sitting at 4-4 in district play. They were supposed to play one another last Friday but that game was postponed due to weather. Fairview won the first meeting.

Lewis County is 5-5 in the district. They are 1-2 on the season against Fairview & Page.

East Hickman is 2-7 with a win over Summit and a loss to Hickman County.

Summit is 2-8 and has swept Hickman County. They lost their first meeting to East Hickman.

Hickman County is 1-9 and got swept this season by Summit. They own a victory over East Hickman.

• 3 weeks later...

The UPDATED District 12-AA Standings:

1.) Spring Hill (15-0)

2.) Giles County (13-2)

3.) Marshall County (12-4)*

4.) Fairview (7-8)

5.) Lewis County (7-8)

6.) Page (6-9)

7.) East Hickman (4-11)

8.) Summit (3-12)

9.) Hickman County (1-14)

Thursday's Games

Spring Hill-East Hickman

Giles County-Hickman County

Fairview-Lewis County

Page-Summit

Marshall County (BYE)

SCENARIOS

Spring Hill is #1

Giles County is #2

Marshall County is #3

Fairview is #4 with a victory over Lewis County; Fairview is #5 with a loss to Lewis County

Lewis County is #4 with a win over Fairview; Lewis County is #5 with a loss to Fairview + a Page loss to Summit

Page is #6 with a Lewis County win over Fairview

More Information

Fairview swept Page and won the first meeting with Lewis County

Lewis County lost the first meeting to Fairview and split with Page

Page was swept by Fairview and split with Lewis County

If Fairview beats Lewis County and Page beats Summit:

#5 will be determined by a "coin toss" meaning that:

a.) Lewis County #5; Page #6 IF Lewis County won the toss

b.) Page #5; Lewis County #6 IF Page won the toss

East Hickman is #7

Summit is #8

Hickman County is #9

Here is my preseason forcast for the Bobcats:

They only lost two players from last year's state tournament team: Lavar and Darius. Lavar was very good and will be missed. Darius was a spot player and his role will be easily filled.

Returners that started or played significantly:

1. Kadijohn (sp?) Townsend (Sr.) - Three year starter. Very athletic. Can jump out of the gym. Plays with passion. TEAM player. Only weakness is that he doesn't look to score enough IMO.

2. Lake Jones (Sr.) - Three year starter/contributer. Looks like a point guard but shoots like a shooting guard. A LOT quicker and athletic than he looks. Smart player. Clutch moments are not too big for him. Only weakness is that he is a little weak in man to man defense against good players (see Spring Hill last year).

3. Chris Bledsoe (Sr.) - Three year starter/contributer. Very smart. Good floor leader. Team player. Looks to distrubute the ball. Weaknesses: not a great athlete. Can't create his own shot. Can't defend athletic players man to man.

4. Austin (can't think of his last name) - Two year starter (just a junior). Good height. Good ball skills. Good shooter. Smooth player. Plays on elite AAU teams. Weakness: doesn't look to score enough IMO.

5. Tori Hartison (Sr.) - Two year starter (only moved back last year). Good height. Long arms. Great leaper. Gets lots of rebounds offensivley and defensivley. Scrapy player. Weakness: doesn't always play within the offense.

6. Al Cobb (Jr.) - Two year starter/contributer. Good height. Great hussle. Looks to score. Weakness: plays out of control at times. Still in football season.

7. Orlando Holt (Sr.) - Little playing time thus far. Good height. Great athlete. Weakness: hasn't shown he can be counted on.

NEW TO TEAM

1. Blake Jimenez (Sr.) - Just moved back this year. Great athlete. Will help on offense and defense. Weakness: inexperience.

2. Cameron Ford (Sr.) - Recovering from knee injury last football season. Good athlete. Competes for rebounds. Weakness: inexperience.

PREDICTION

That is almost 10 deep. Even with foul trouble should dominate region competition. Spring Hill will be only test (did their coach leave?). Should go at least deep in region play probably to STATE again. Team weakness would be lack of true post player, but strength in numbers should overcome that.

With the loss of Blake, now you are down to only 5 from your list left. Seniors will have to step up like they have all year and they will be able to make a good run. GO CATS!!!

With the loss of Blake, now you are down to only 5 from your list left. Seniors will have to step up like they have all year and they will be able to make a good run. GO CATS!!!

So what really happened here. Heard 2 of coach holts sons were sitting behind the bench and got into it with a player during the game. Now he is no longer part of the team. What is wrong with this picture?