Walker Valley @ Polk

Polk04

Any thoughts on this game I've waited all week for a thread to start. If polk comes out like they did against sweetwater then it could be a long night. I'm hoping Coach Davis and his staff have had a great week of pratice and get back to that smash mouth hard hitting football we are used to seeing in polk. I'm sure they got the little things fixed and get rolling good friday night. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Benton tomorrow night and good luck to both team and a injury free game

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that WV can handle the physical style of football that Polk plays. Polk wins

Polks not that physical this year, and are still slow, WV has one of the best backs in the area and have shown they can score points, look for both defenses to have problems, could be a win for Walker if polk doesn't get some turnovers. wv by 7 if no turnovers or alot of penalties.

Polks not that physical this year, and are still slow, WV has one of the best backs in the area and have shown they can score points, look for both defenses to have problems, could be a win for Walker if polk doesn't get some turnovers. wv by 7 if no turnovers or alot of penalties.

Blah blah blah - they say that every year...... yet Polk somehow wins the majority of their games.

GO CATS!

Blah blah blah - they say that every year...... yet Polk somehow wins the majority of their games.

GO CATS!

Name the teams in the last five years that polk has beaten in the regular season that has gone on to win a playoff game yeehaw. Single A SPitt...

No disrespect to the players, coaches, or program but last years team would have smacked sweetwater out of the game in ten minutes if not fewer. Last year they hit hard and had speed. Not the same this year

GO CATS!

I've watched Polk play for along time, over 20 years and this is one of the least physical teams and slowest not downing them just stating facts, they have 2 proven players QB and Saxe, anything happens to any of thier starters on offense and they have nobody to replace them. no speed, not physical, and no depth, not even the best coach or at least one of the top 3 (davis) can change that.

Name the teams in the last five years that polk has beaten in the regular season that has gone on to win a playoff game yeehaw. Single A SPitt...

No disrespect to the players, coaches, or program but last years team would have smacked sweetwater out of the game in ten minutes if not fewer. Last year they hit hard and had speed. Not the same this year

On that, I will have to get back with you - I do not have that information.

What I was getting at is that Polk is always considered slow, no depth, etc. Seriously, Polk is a 2A-sized school in a 3A environment, yet they win, year after year over 3A/4A teams that, on paper, should wipe the field with them. I admit the first two games looked like heck. I wasn't able to see the Sweetwater game so I can't say one way or another. (I wish we had a radio station to broadcast Polk County Wildcat games - giving serious thought to finding out how to go about that endeavor - I design and maintain business networks/websites for a living).

I guess I don't have an answer to your thoughts on Polk County's year-on-year difference, but I do have confidence that Coach Davis and the boys can do what they put their minds to.

GO CATS!

On that, I will have to get back with you - I do not have that information.

What I was getting at is that Polk is always considered slow, no depth, etc. Seriously, Polk is a 2A-sized school in a 3A environment, yet they win, year after year over 3A/4A teams that, on paper, should wipe the field with them. I admit the first two games looked like heck. I wasn't able to see the Sweetwater game so I can't say one way or another. (I wish we had a radio station to broadcast Polk County Wildcat games - giving serious thought to finding out how to go about that endeavor - I design and maintain business networks/websites for a living).

I guess I don't have an answer to your thoughts on Polk County's year-on-year difference, but I do have confidence that Coach Davis and the boys can do what they put their minds to.

GO CATS!

What happen to Wbin in benton? or whatever it was called it big ben for awhile. All for that community to grow they always show alot of support for thier kids, still think thier in a down cycle right now but good coaching can change that.