Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

Greeneville will have more fans at the Cumberland Gap and Claiborne games due to ample seating. It was good that they at least made an effort to bring in extra bleachers. I stood up, which it didn't kill me, but it was extremely difficult to see or distingish what was happening out on the field.

these are the kind of commets that are the cause of the problems. Willie has moved on and it's time for us to also. Athletes like Carmichael, Spradlin, Boles and those talented boys named Shuffler deserve all the praise that's heaped on them and we should consider ourselves fortunate to have gotten to see them suit up on Friday night. Time to let this one go...

Barb, i agree. I'll go you one further on this one. ALL the athletes in this entire county, even the ones that don't posess the natural ability of some others, bust their butts for for 4 years in weather ranging from sweltering heat and sun to bone chilling icey cold conditions to do their best for their respective teams. I think we would all be well served to recognize ALL these kids from time to time for their efforts. I know in sports there's a pecking order, as is the case in most aspects of life, but in this instance, all these kids do it for one of two reasons.....A love for the game....OR....the possibility of furthering their education and playing time once done at the HS level.....As I've said many times, best of luck to every single kid in our community.

these are the kind of commets that are the cause of the problems. Willie has moved on and it's time for us to also. Athletes like Carmichael, Spradlin, Boles and those talented boys named Shuffler deserve all the praise that's heaped on them and we should consider ourselves fortunate to have gotten to see them suit up on Friday night. Time to let this one go...

Barb, i agree. I'll go you one further on this one. ALL the athletes in this entire county, even the ones that don't posess the natural ability of some others, bust their butts for for 4 years in weather ranging from sweltering heat and sun to bone chilling icey cold conditions to do their best for their respective teams. I think we would all be well served to recognize ALL these kids from time to time for their efforts. I know in sports there's a pecking order, as is the case in most aspects of life, but in this instance, all these kids do it for one of two reasons.....A love for the game....OR....the possibility of furthering their education and playing time once done at the HS level.....As I've said many times, best of luck to every single kid in our community.

Both of these are great posts. All the kids need recognition at some point in time. And barb, it is time to let this one go. Greeneville has Cumberland Gap this week and West Greene has an all important game at Claiborne. Greeneville shouldn't have a problem, but West Greene needs this win in a game I think will be very competitive.

no sir, i COMPLETELY agree with you. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with the way i "Handle myself" as it pertains to Class. I always congratulate the opposing teams, wish them well in the future and hope that all of these kids, teams and fans have great seasons. Look, the ONLY reason I do these videos this year is because i was asked to by many people at Greeneville High School. If there were 5 of me i would be at every HS team in this counties games each week watching their games, cheering them on and videoing them, if they wished. Unfortunately there's only one very large version of me and i can only be at one place on friday nights. I considered not even mentioning his name this week, but had i done that, someone would have accused me of something rediculous like boycotting Dalton, or something the like. All I did was adress the subject at hand, the only way I know how....honestly and how I personally feel about it. If voicing my honest opinion about things is unclassy, then I guess I am guilty as charged.

Maybe you could do one of those videos on a county team . That would go a long way with county fans . Just a thought

There are plenty of good athletes all across Greene County and Greeneville. When a team brags on their own players, they ALWAYS have comments such as "he's better than Greeneville's whatever" and "he would definitely be the starting whatever if he went to Greeneville" and on and on. When we do well, its always "you're picking on the little schools" or "all their starters were out" and so on. This puts Greeneville on the defensive. If anyone notices Greeneville doesn't usually start the junk, we just defend ourselves. End of story!

There are plenty of good athletes all across Greene County and Greeneville. When a team brags on their own players, they ALWAYS have comments such as "he's better than Greeneville's whatever" and "he would definitely be the starting whatever if he went to Greeneville" and on and on. When we do well, its always "you're picking on the little schools" or "all their starters were out" and so on. This puts Greeneville on the defensive. If anyone notices Greeneville doesn't usually start the junk, we just defend ourselves. End of story!

I did notice that this thread with the subject line of "how many yards can Boles get" was started by a Greeneville fan.

That's why I wish real names had to be posted It could another "fake" Greenedevil or another WANNABE! :)

I for 1 would disappear quickly if I lost my anonymity...a girl need a sense of mystery. I rather pride myself on the fact that have kept 'em wondering for as long as I have.

I for 1 would disappear quickly if I lost my anonymity...a girl need a sense of mystery. I rather pride myself on the fact that have kept 'em wondering for as long as I have.

I think a lot of people would disappear. Players for one. And a lot of people would probably tone down what they post as well.

Girl ? I have wondered about that for a couple years now barb . You seem to have quite the football knowledge for a lady but I do agree it would defiantly tone down a bit

Have you read the posts on this thread. I think both sides have dished out about the same amount. The county people have to get defensive too there buddy!