New West TN Top 12

QBClubPrez

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...I saw the Rebs play...and Yes..I think "some of the plays" you run now are "some of the plays you ran then"! Everyone's playbook after two weeks of workouts is extremely "vanilla" yet it's pretty basic as to what you plan to focus on the greater part of the season. So yes..the defensive alignment that OCC ran in their scrimmage and the base offense I imagine IS the "core" of what Coach Jackson likes to do. That being said..the topic of this thread is not the HC/OCCHS scrimmage..but like I said..I hope it continues...I think it "obviously helps" both teams! Do you agree with that?

Again..you are another poster who throws the term "bash", "bashing", and "bashes" around awful carelessly. If I said I didn't like Obion County High because I didn't like Coach Jackson, didn't like the color of your jerseys, or just because they beat my team and I didn't like the outcome...then that would be "bashing!"

I'm gonna say this as clear as I can...I "LOVE OBION COUNTY HIGH"!...I'm "SO GLAD" that their football program has grown past the idea of "as long as we beat Union City we've had a good year" stage! Hopefully, OCCHS will never go back to that stage! Your program has now moved beyond that most of us hope that there are bigger goals out there for the Rebels! I sure hope that Obion County will go deep enough in the playoffs that they face Lexington, Liberty, Trezevant, etc. I would love for Obion County Central to win any or ALL of these games! Why would I not? Again...send me a Rebel Tshirt...XLarge...I'll wear it while posting on Coacht...I promise!

Come on PREZ...I don't like Obion Co....and I don't make any bones about it. I would love to see them lose a chess match, it would make my day! LOL :thumb:

And also, why so many teams from the state of Shelby? They are not in west TN? :hungry:

Edited by ParisRiverRat

Come on PREZ...I don't like Obion Co....and I don't make any bones about it. I would love to see them lose a chess match, it would make my day! LOL :thumb:

And also, why so many teams from the state of Shelby? They are not in west TN? :hungry:

RiverRat...go buy you a globe! Your team will face a team from the "State of Shelby" sometime in November! Your opinions speak volumes of your heritage with the love or "lack of love" for the Central Rebs of Obion! Hey..I'll see if my new friend from Obion will send me two shirts...one in a 3XL..for my Rat-friend!

The only poll I'm worried about is the district!! Not a coacht poster "what I think" poll!! Thanks for the honorable mention tho Prez!!!

You're certainly welcome "use2play4cc"! Best of luck to your Eagles this week against the Central Bobcats of Selmer! How long has it been since the Chester County was refered to as the "6-0 Eagles?"

You're certainly welcome "use2play4cc"! Best of luck to your Eagles this week against the Central Bobcats of Selmer! How long has it been since the Chester County was refered to as the "6-0 Eagles?"

I believe since back in.... Um... Forever!! Lol.. I think we've had one 4-0 and a few 3-0's!! So yea it's definitely a big year for us!!!

I believe since back in.... Um... Forever!! Lol.. I think we've had one 4-0 and a few 3-0's!! So yea it's definitely a big year for us!!!

well..glad to see it! Hope the Eagles run the table!...would love to see them win the district and host a couple rounds of playoffs! Snookums and Bell's will be hopping on playoff Fridays!

RiverRat...go buy you a globe! Your team will face a team from the "State of Shelby" sometime in November! Your opinions speak volumes of your heritage with the love or "lack of love" for the Central Rebs of Obion! Hey..I'll see if my new friend from Obion will send me two shirts...one in a 3XL..for my Rat-friend!

My love lost goes back to a February night in 2006 in a little place called Ripley TN. My beloved # 1 ranked Westview Lady Chargers rolled in to town thinking they would beat the Rebels like they had the week before by about 25 points. The 3 ball did not go down that night, and the Rebels ran the View out of the gym, and sent them home short of a state tournament trip. :evil::oops:

WesCharge was found days later in a ditch on HWY 51 in a drunken state, all he remembers was: "1st Haywood, now Obion...what is next?"

Years later, he gets to rub shoulders with geniuses like the PREZ!!! :thumb:

Edited by ParisRiverRat

I here ya Bulldog Fan...hey, great job again this season...will they be 10-0?..if so..who cares about the preseason...that's why you play those type teams (Mayfield, Henry Co.,etc.) Congrats on another wonderful year so far! Keep it up!

BTW...how do you feel about Milan's placement on the list? Realistic? Snubbed? Overrated? There are a few fans around that think "i'm hating on their team" ( I hate that term) because they aren't ranked in the Top 5! Milan's not in the top 5 yet no one has mentioned it from Bulldog Country!

Also...I heard that Wednesday night on Nashville's 104.5 FM the Zone...they will be talking Milan Football with Murphy Fair!...don't remember the time tho!

Milan's placement looks about right to me. Been watching Milan football for a long time and this is a good team, not the best I have seen (2003 was the best team IMO). Lots of talent but still learning at the same time. We just hope each week this team gets a little better and is playing its best come November because we all know it will PLAY itself out at the end of the year.

No all you have seen is a fake scrimmage vs henry county. we didn't even run our normal O fence. cause jackson didn't want any teams we had to play scouting us for the year

ummm...thats a cop-out...exactly what jcs coach said about going to chester for their jamboree instead of the sports plus jamboree in gibson co...and we see how well thats worked out...the jamborees are so close to the season most starters dont play more than a series...its a show for the fans...scrimmages are different...thats why they last 2 hours instead of 15 minutes...

u have talent...u play talent...a scrimmage is different than a jamboree...u try to win...u try to improve...u use ur best plays to move the ball and see how the other team defends it...u use ur best defense against their O to see if u can stop that...its simple...u can say all u want preseason doesnt matter...all teams are trying to improve...IMO the only thing that doesnt help shape the season are the 7 on 7s...no line-play means not realastic...TECH dominated virtually every 7 on 7 they were in...as the season has shown...the line that was not present is a huge factor...also...back to the scouting thing...they exchange game film...every district opponent that OC will face has film on them or should have...im sure ur coach wasnt worried about whether ur 1st opponent or 2nd had any since they arent district games...

HC is just that good...accept it and hope that ur program can turn into something similar