Coalfield Hosts Wartburg

JamesHootGibson

Coalfield VS Wartburg  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 Hoot Bowl

Just hush. It's your fault for getting to emotionally invested in this game and thinking the Bulldogs could actually hang with the upcoming 1a state champion Coalfield Yellow Jackets.

No shock jock, I won't hush. Emotionally invested? NO not really, but I have to wonder how Coalfield folks would have reacted if the roles had been reversed. Eventual state champions? Whatever you say-but just remember that to do that they'll have to beat the likes of South Pittsburg, and as I recall that didn't turn out too well last year.........

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday when the Yellow Jackets of Coalfield (4-1) host the Bulldogs of Wartburg (2-4) you will see a historical and hostile game for Morgan County Football. This rivalry is one of the best in Eastern Tennessee. This year Wartburg is down from losing a powerful senior class and Coalfield is up with a strong junior class but toss the records out of the equation, these two teams will play their best football against each other. Opinions?

My opinion is this is the greatest first post in CoachT history. Welcome Hoot and I am rooting for Coalfield the rest of the way.

Edited by plumb69

Gee goldmember you must have been watching "Tombstone " or something-how clever! But I would advise you all not to get too cocky-it's a LONG road to Cookeville.

It appears your an educated man.....don't like coalfield, don't ever root for them either,but dislike you warts much worse. Please keep responding, crying, and whining. it's just like Mcdonalds......I'm lovin it. :rolleyes:

It appears your an educated man.....don't like coalfield, don't ever root for them either,but dislike you warts much worse. Please keep responding, crying, and whining. it's just like Mcdonalds......I'm lovin it. :rolleyes:

Hey goldfinger i dont know what week you guys play wartburg but maybe you could talk coach Brackett into letting wartburgs qb where a different colored jersey so we dont hear all this whinning after the game from SWCS or whatever his name is. :roflol:

Hey goldfinger i dont know what week you guys play wartburg but maybe you could talk coach Brackett into letting wartburgs qb where a different colored jersey so we dont hear all this whinning after the game from SWCS or whatever his name is. :roflol:

Whining? No, just stating my opinion is all. By the way, it's not like Coalfield fans to whine-I mean what about the fumbled touchdown at OS a few weeks ago? They looked like 5 year olds being told to get out af the pool or something. So before you get all chummy with Goldmember, please remember that one! Again, what if it had been Coalfield's QB getting hit late? Would Coalfield fans have just shrugged and said, "well, that's football." I sincerely doubt it!!

"In vino veritas" Johnny Ringo! So, Goldmember; an OS fan I presume? Whining? Are you kidding me? What about last year in the playoffs when Wartburg was laying the wood to OS? I've NEVER heard anything like the OS fans' bellyaching in my life! I was even standing with an OS fan and even HE called it ridiculous! BTW has #30 from last year completed his anger management yet? I'm sure he still doesn't play well with others! You know I usually just go with the flow on here and don't ruffle many feathers, but it seems sometimes when you speak your peace, some folks just don't like it-go figure.

"In vino veritas" Johnny Ringo! So, Goldmember; an OS fan I presume? Whining? Are you kidding me? What about last year in the playoffs when Wartburg was laying the wood to OS? I've NEVER heard anything like the OS fans' bellyaching in my life! I was even standing with an OS fan and even HE called it ridiculous! BTW has #30 from last year completed his anger management yet? I'm sure he still doesn't play well with others! You know I usually just go with the flow on here and don't ruffle many feathers, but it seems sometimes when you speak your peace, some folks just don't like it-go figure.

I guess your just too high strung.lol.....not an Oz fan either but I do go to some games. Go to some wart burg games and coalfield games too. Also go to some grace and rockwood games. I usually pick a few and go to what's considered big games every season. Look, teams that throw the ball like wart burg, coalfield,cak, ac ,....should expect people trying to get after the qb. It's the best pass defense. I was at the game Friday. Their were some hits on BOTH sides that were late....not called . It's football dude. If I were wart burgs coach I would be talking to my oline. If it was a close game, I could understand the complaining but from my perspective it was never a game and coalfields dine outplayed their oline about all night. You might want to go an Oz thread and vent about last year....I wasn't there. I heard Oz were real crybabies too. If I would have been would have called them criers also because you guys where wearing them out. There's no crying in football right?

Edited by goldfinger

I guess your just too high strung.lol.....not an Oz fan either but I do go to some games. Go to some wart burg games and coalfield games too. Also go to some grace and rockwood games. I usually pick a few and go to what's considered big games every season. Look, teams that throw the ball like wart burg, coalfield,cak, ac ,....should expect people trying to get after the qb. It's the best pass defense. I was at the game Friday. Their were some hits on BOTH sides that were late....not called . It's football dude. If I were wart burgs coach I would be talking to my oline. If it was a close game, I could understand the complaining but from my perspective it was never a game and coalfields dine outplayed their oline about all night. You might want to go an Oz thread and vent about last year....I wasn't there. I heard Oz were real crybabies too. If I would have been would have called them criers also because you guys where wearing them out. There's no crying in football right?

High strung? Well, now that you mention it, my wife does call me that(among other things!) every once in awhile. You know, the more that I think about it, I got a personal foul called on ME against Coalfield circa 1984 when I knocked a running back out of bounds and he literaly rolled all the way up against the fence. Then I stood up and tried to do a Hulk Hogan pose to the Coalfield sideline. When I saw the whole team about to bum rush me, I literaly ran back to the Wartburg huddle! I don't know what I was more scared of:the opposing team or my head coach! Hey, I'm a lot like you; I try to go to big games also and see different teams play too. I guess this whole rivalry thing just still goes to my head...after all these years. I guess if Wartburg had won, none of this would have bothered me; but I just don't see that happening, not for a few years at least. So I suppose I do need to leave all this stuff back in the 80's where they belong. BTW I only cry when my Vols lose.....so hey,it's all good.

High strung? Well, now that you mention it, my wife does call me that(among other things!) every once in awhile. You know, the more that I think about it, I got a personal foul called on ME against Coalfield circa 1984 when I knocked a running back out of bounds and he literaly rolled all the way up against the fence. Then I stood up and tried to do a Hulk Hogan pose to the Coalfield sideline. When I saw the whole team about to bum rush me, I literaly ran back to the Wartburg huddle! I don't know what I was more scared of:the opposing team or my head coach! Hey, I'm a lot like you; I try to go to big games also and see different teams play too. I guess this whole rivalry thing just still goes to my head...after all these years. I guess if Wartburg had won, none of this would have bothered me; but I just don't see that happening, not for a few years at least. So I suppose I do need to leave all this stuff back in the 80's where they belong. BTW I only cry when my Vols lose.....so hey,it's all good.

I feel your pain with the vols!! I'm Afraid we might feel it often this month. LOL!