Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

my fault, bad use of terminology, definitely not a cut block (most of the time, cuts are for blocking)they were just cutting our blockers and our recievers, nice try with the heighth thing, the cuts that were called were nose dives at our players below their knees, the dc coaches coached it and I know that for a fact, the dc team was well prepared and the best game we have had in a while, not sure if anyone ever felt the game was in danger of going the other way, I read the posts about the running clock as well and never put much thought in it, however I thought last week that Dickson might beat us one out of ten games and think that might be a stretch, did not see how that could happen unless it was a mud bowl.

For the record...the Patriots were penalized 12 times in the game Friday.

This is correct.

Total number of penalties called:

Patriots- 12

Cougars- 7

Some of you guys need to learn how to say "good game" and move on. This is the 3rd straight year some Dickson fans have been on here complaining about something after a loss, and while i'm not ignorant enough to believe that a few fans represent a whole group, community, or team, I must admit that it's not making you guys look any better. In fact, it's showing a sore loser mentality and is making you seem quite petty.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Come on man...cut blocking by the defensive player? I know it can happen but VERY RARELY called according to a family friend who has been a TSSAA official for 30+ years! Was it just me but all 3 of those cut blocking calls on the DC DEFENSIVE player were called when HC was facing a 3rd and 15 or more? HC players were a foot taller and two feet wider than most of the DC players and were holding on most every offensive play. I was there and even though it was a good game, the officiating was fair at best and some people on these boards from HC did not give DC a chance in this game and I know for sure they were sweating at the half. I forget who they were, but a few even suggested the clock would be running the whole second half! Well, DC came to play and was not intimidated by the Patriots in any way. HC is a very good football team but will need to play better than they did against DC to win it all and I hope they do! Good luck to HC in the playoffs!!

Complete and utter BS.

See my above post, there's always an excuse isn't there?

Come on man...cut blocking by the defensive player? I know it can happen but VERY RARELY called according to a family friend who has been a TSSAA official for 30+ years! Was it just me but all 3 of those cut blocking calls on the DC DEFENSIVE player were called when HC was facing a 3rd and 15 or more? HC players were a foot taller and two feet wider than most of the DC players and were holding on most every offensive play. I was there and even though it was a good game, the officiating was fair at best and some people on these boards from HC did not give DC a chance in this game and I know for sure they were sweating at the half. I forget who they were, but a few even suggested the clock would be running the whole second half! Well, DC came to play and was not intimidated by the Patriots in any way. HC is a very good football team but will need to play better than they did against DC to win it all and I hope they do! Good luck to HC in the playoffs!!

I Am a HC fan. you are telling the truth in your last sentence, if they dont get better PASSING and stopping the pass it will be another district champs and thats it/ sick of this run left and run right, what the crp they going to do when someone stop that.

I Am a HC fan. you are telling the truth in your last sentence, if they dont get better PASSING and stopping the pass it will be another district champs and thats it/ sick of this run left and run right, what the crp they going to do when someone stop that.

Run up the middle? :roflol:

In all seriousness, did you just start watching us last week? We haven't passed the ball efficiently all year save 1 or 2 games. That's not something that's just going to magically get better once the playoffs start, either. Our run game and defense are good enough to carry us deep into the playoffs, and we have "just enough" of a passing threat for a realistic shot at a gold ball, but if we fail to win a state championship, it will be because of just that. Our lack of ability to pass the ball efficiently/consistently to spread defenses out. And I still believe that those on here expecting us to "run clock" all the way to the championship are borderline delusional.

As for our pass defense...Our starters have allowed a total of 2 passing touchdowns all year. Not sure what you think is so bad about that unit. The final play of the first half against Dickson was just a bad decision by the safety, he should've kept the receiver in front of him rather than making a play for the ball. And believe me, I'm sure he got an earfull from the coaches at halftime. Outside of that one play, our pass defense was solid, as it has been in every other game this year.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Complete and utter BS.

See my above post, there's always an excuse isn't there?

Hey Red...not looking for an excuse, HC won the game on the field and all I was saying was that some of the calls (3 chop block calls on defense) were not accurate in my opinion (and alot of other people's) mainly because I was sitting on the HC side of the field as I have for the last several years because of friends and family in the area and they all said the calls were not right as well. What I do not like is the people on here who think just because HC has a very talented football team that no one else is worth a s---!! Yes this district is not so tough, but we have to play were the TSSAA puts us as well. I would rather be playing in the Williamson Co. district that we played in before being moved back to this district but hey, we do what we are told just like you guys. I know all the HC faithful on these boards are not the type to bad mouth other teams like some do but it does get a little ugly from some of your bunch, just let it be decided on the field and may the best team win!! NO excuses from this DC fan, you beat us fair and square and I really do hope you guys win it all this year, ya'll are due!!

Hey Red...not looking for an excuse, HC won the game on the field and all I was saying was that some of the calls (3 chop block calls on defense) were not accurate in my opinion (and alot of other people's) mainly because I was sitting on the HC side of the field as I have for the last several years because of friends and family in the area and they all said the calls were not right as well. What I do not like is the people on here who think just because HC has a very talented football team that no one else is worth a s---!! Yes this district is not so tough, but we have to play were the TSSAA puts us as well. I would rather be playing in the Williamson Co. district that we played in before being moved back to this district but hey, we do what we are told just like you guys. I know all the HC faithful on these boards are not the type to bad mouth other teams like some do but it does get a little ugly from some of your bunch, just let it be decided on the field and may the best team win!! NO excuses from this DC fan, you beat us fair and square and I really do hope you guys win it all this year, ya'll are due!!

I know what you are saying, and I agree that some of our fans on here come across as rather obnoxious (probably myself included at times). Let it be known that I have the utmost respect for Dickson County and the rivalry we share with them, it just rubs me the wrong way when a select few opposing fans get on this site and complain about something annually. We get it, not everything called is always right, but do you honestly believe that everything called against us is always right? At the end of the day, it is just a football game, these are just kids, and refs make mistakes too...BOTH ways.

Thank you for wishing us well. I also wish the Cougars the best of luck in the post season. And if it makes you feel any better, next year's HC-DC game should be a tough, tough football game. And I haven't been able to say that for a few years. Your coach appears to have you headed in the right direction, and this rivalry should intensify even more over the next few years. Good luck in week 11.

I believe this was answered earlier but #4 from DC is Brian Reynolds...plays LB/FB. To the fans upset about the cut block calls its the rules unfortunately at the high school level. I'm sure it was addressed to the refs before the game was even played. After the game with Henry it was probably the 6th or 7th time its been called on them this year. Its how they coach it over there at DC. Some people wrong arm it some people play it straight up...DC chops it down. Its really all based on your defensive scheme whether you want the ball bounced or forced. Correct me if im wrong but no block below the knees is legal in TN high school football outside the tackles...fyi a chop block high/low is legal inside the tackles if contact is made at the same time. Just sharing a little knowledge :)...To the game though the game was great. Amazing atmosphere Henry County is an absolutely beautiful place to go play some ball. Congrats to HC on the W and goodluck throughout...i still think they will win the state championship. I was Happy with the gameplan going in catching film on HC this yr i noticed passing the ball had been a slight issue but in all reality who really knew what would happen. When has HC HAD to pass. My concerns with the passing game was answered on a big 3rd down play had to have been 3rd and 8-10 and they ran the ball for a first down. To the pass at the end of the game...i would have liked to have seen it end 7 points less than it did...but if im Coach Counce im thinking to myself...2 weeks ago DC vs NE...DC scores 14 in less then 3 minutes. Im going to call a pass too, and if you go back and watch the play he's looking short the whole time until the guy standing in the endzone is doing jumping jacks about to come out of his uniform he is so wide open. All that off my chest great game guys hats off to both teams and goodluck to the patriots in the post season...Enjoy that barrell why you have it because its coming home next year! ;)

I believe this was answered earlier but #4 from DC is Brian Reynolds...plays LB/FB. To the fans upset about the cut block calls its the rules unfortunately at the high school level. I'm sure it was addressed to the refs before the game was even played. After the game with Henry it was probably the 6th or 7th time its been called on them this year. Its how they coach it over there at DC. Some people wrong arm it some people play it straight up...DC chops it down. Its really all based on your defensive scheme whether you want the ball bounced or forced. Correct me if im wrong but no block below the knees is legal in TN high school football outside the tackles...fyi a chop block high/low is legal inside the tackles if contact is made at the same time. Just sharing a little knowledge :)...To the game though the game was great. Amazing atmosphere Henry County is an absolutely beautiful place to go play some ball. Congrats to HC on the W and goodluck throughout...i still think they will win the state championship. I was Happy with the gameplan going in catching film on HC this yr i noticed passing the ball had been a slight issue but in all reality who really knew what would happen. When has HC HAD to pass. My concerns with the passing game was answered on a big 3rd down play had to have been 3rd and 8-10 and they ran the ball for a first down. To the pass at the end of the game...i would have liked to have seen it end 7 points less than it did...but if im Coach Counce im thinking to myself...2 weeks ago DC vs NE...DC scores 14 in less then 3 minutes. Im going to call a pass too, and if you go back and watch the play he's looking short the whole time until the guy standing in the endzone is doing jumping jacks about to come out of his uniform he is so wide open. All that off my chest great game guys hats off to both teams and goodluck to the patriots in the post season...Enjoy that barrell why you have it because its coming home next year! ;)

Wonderful and accurate post!!

Run up the middle? :roflol:

In all seriousness, did you just start watching us last week? We haven't passed the ball efficiently all year save 1 or 2 games. That's not something that's just going to magically get better once the playoffs start, either. Our run game and defense are good enough to carry us deep into the playoffs, and we have "just enough" of a passing threat for a realistic shot at a gold ball, but if we fail to win a state championship, it will be because of just that. Our lack of ability to pass the ball efficiently/consistently to spread defenses out. And I still believe that those on here expecting us to "run clock" all the way to the championship are borderline delusional.

As for our pass defense...Our starters have allowed a total of 2 passing touchdowns all year. Not sure what you think is so bad about that unit. The final play of the first half against Dickson was just a bad decision by the safety, he should've kept the receiver in front of him rather than making a play for the ball. And believe me, I'm sure he got an earfull from the coaches at halftime. Outside of that one play, our pass defense was solid, as it has been in every other game this year.

a good QB is going to pick us apart.