Soddy Daisy Trojans @ Cleveland Blue Raiders

SoddyDaisyCajun

Well thatguy1, I'm sure you're a coach , so maybe you should watch film and prepare yourself for the game plan instead of getting on social websites trying to defend yourself and other coaches!!!! you should know by now that people have ALWAYS talked about coaches and the plays they call, it's just part of the JOB so deal with it or go home!!! I'm sure when you played ball, your dad didn't love everything about your coach!!! and as for my SODDY education, I am very proud of it! and you spelled RINGGOLD wrong, so just curious where you graduated from???? and for the rest of your reply, I am NOT wasting my time arguing with you! everybody is entitled to an opinion and now you know mine!!! I have some great memories from High school football and there are things that I wished would've turned out different, and I will always love and respect Coach Braswell! Go Trojans

Edited by SDfootballbyGod

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets clear things up first I am not a coach. I don't know what fedman has told you but I can assure you I'm not. Like I've said before I defend the coaches because I know most of them and realize how hard they work and my son tells me the same thing. Yeah I didn't play alot in high school but I guarantee my dad would have never said anything to me or the coaches about it but that just shows how today's society has changed.

I don't know what your problem is with me or whoever you think I am but maybe you should go coach along with everyone else on here

Lets clear things up first I am not a coach. I don't know what fedman has told you but I can assure you I'm not. Like I've said before I defend the coaches because I know most of them and realize how hard they work and my son tells me the same thing. Yeah I didn't play alot in high school but I guarantee my dad would have never said anything to me or the coaches about it but that just shows how today's society has changed.

I don't know what your problem is with me or whoever you think I am but maybe you should go coach along with everyone else on here

Thatguy,

Honestly, I don't have a clue who byGod is.

You were right about how many points soddy gave up last year. After 4 games last year they gave up 32 points, not 23 points. I got Walker and Red bank mixed up. But you didn't understand what I meant when I said that soddy was coached under Cortni the first 4 games. Even though Cortni wasn't actually there coach, "little orr" still used his system up until Walker I believe. And then he slowly began to basterdize the defense in his own way little by little every week. The basterdizing was on full display against Bell County. I had to sit in the stands and watch that pothetic excuse for a defensive scheme against a team that they had a very legitimate shot at beating. All I know is, under 4 games with Cortni's scheme and the rest of the year with little orr's defense he probably got off of ncaa, Soddy still only gave up a little over 13 ppg in the regular season, if you dont count pick 6's by the qb. And under little orr's defense in 2011, they are almost giving up 40 ppg. If you are content with that then you should be ashamed to call yourself a SD football fan. Regardless of how hard the coaches are working, theyre not getting the job done. period

Edwards should have had more touches throughout the year period. That is not "players executing".

i agree with that, but i dont see them winning many more games just because he gets more carries. i do know that if the players execute, they should be able to throw the ball. i played in this offense. if they just run the ball, everyone will be quickly complaining about soddy not throwing enough and cedric getting all the attention.

You do not know how many of those 3 and outs, pick 6's, etc would have turned into ball control TD's and running the clock. I don't know if it would have made that much difference either, but a GOOD coach should be able to recognize what gives his team the best CHANCE at winning. Edwards with the ball, considering what he did last year, was clearly the path to take (even out of the "I" more often I might add-a different subject)

And what the heck is up with deciding 9 games into the season to play Edwards at linebacker? He looked pretty dog gone good out there. Yet again, if you are not going to work him more on offense throughout the year he should have been playing defense (more often) from game 1.

It also still bugs me as to why Soddy-Daisy can have so many sports, both boys and girls, that are on a state competitive level and have two of the worst in the area in football and boys basketball. Something tells me the talent is at the school (or was) to have a much better football and boys basketball teams. It starts with coaching.

Maybe next year.

Too bad the coaches are not all Seniors!!

You do not know how many of those 3 and outs, pick 6's, etc would have turned into ball control TD's and running the clock. I don't know if it would have made that much difference either, but a GOOD coach should be able to recognize what gives his team the best CHANCE at winning. Edwards with the ball, considering what he did last year, was clearly the path to take (even out of the "I" more often I might add-a different subject)

And what the heck is up with deciding 9 games into the season to play Edwards at linebacker? He looked pretty dog gone good out there. Yet again, if you are not going to work him more on offense throughout the year he should have been playing defense (more often) from game 1.

It also still bugs me as to why Soddy-Daisy can have so many sports, both boys and girls, that are on a state competitive level and have two of the worst in the area in football and boys basketball. Something tells me the talent is at the school (or was) to have a much better football and boys basketball teams. It starts with coaching.

Maybe next year.

Too bad the coaches are not all Seniors!!

as i said, i agree that he should have had more carries, because they could not throw the ball well. cedric's carries, along with spencer stewart's carries, were the key to each game. i am just saying that if they had enough talent or execution, they SHOULD have been able to pass. and i do not know why a school as large as soddy does not have many athletes on the field. coach slaughter actually met with all the guys in the entire school about playing. probably 25 to 50 new guys came out to atleast spring workouts that year. it does start with coaching. i agree

as i said, i agree that he should have had more carries, because they could not throw the ball well. cedric's carries, along with spencer stewart's carries, were the key to each game. i am just saying that if they had enough talent or execution, they SHOULD have been able to pass. and i do not know why a school as large as soddy does not have many athletes on the field. coach slaughter actually met with all the guys in the entire school about playing. probably 25 to 50 new guys came out to atleast spring workouts that year. it does start with coaching. i agree

Graduation and injuries hurt Soddy more than people think. 1 returning O Lineman a Sophmore QB,and 0 returning starters at WR. Defensively they returned 1 D lineman, 1 Linebacker, and 1 DB that were starters and 1 LB and 1 DB that played some. If Edwards carried the ball every play I dont see their record being any different than it was. Next year there should be major improvement with all the players Soddy has returning and if there is not then it will be time to start talking about coaching changes.