USJ and St. Georges game this friday

warhawk

This friday's matchup between the Gryphons and the Bruins determine who wins the D2A West-2. One team loves the run(with Omar Williams) and the other thrives on the pass. The winner and loser go in different brackets for the playoffs. Anybody following this game to see the potential matchups in the playoffs?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This friday's matchup between the Gryphons and the Bruins determine who wins the D2A West-2. One team loves the run(with Omar Williams) and the other thrives on the pass. The winner and loser go in different brackets for the playoffs. Anybody following this game to see the potential matchups in the playoffs?

If St. Georges plays the game they should play it will be 35-7 St. Georges. If they come out flat and slow it will be something more like 21-7. Either way St. George's running backs and recievers are not going to be able to be stopped by the smaller USJ defense. If special teams gets rolling for St. Georges they should be able to put some points on the board also. The St. Georges defense is going to have to key on Mayhall and the game is over

This is one of those games that we all love about high school football! Two teams getting after it and looking for a win on a Friday night! U.S.J. does a lot of things well offensively, #40 is a breast and they will have to know where he is one the field at all times. Their QB, #12 is also a great athlete. He makes some impressive decisions and makes other teams look foolish out there at times. What I think this game is going to come down to is which team is going to stop the other team from doing what they do best. If U.S.J. can stop S.G.'s running attack with the occasional throw here and there... advantage U.S.J. If S.G. can slow down the air attack of U.S.J. and make them keep the ball on the ground... advantage S.G.

Personally, I think if S.G. comes out, plays their game, and dictates the tempo of the football game, they will go back to Collierville with a "W" in their pocket. As mentioned earlier, this game means everything from a play-off standpoint. I am sure both coaching staffs are driving that into these kids minds as the week progresses.

You gotta love high school football!

May the best team win, see you in Jackson!

Edited by thegood

I know SGIS added the new RB during the season. Somebody who has the timelines down give kind of a recap of how their season has gone as far as when the new players were added, the impact on the team, how they've looked against different opponents, etc. Looking at scores and stats, the defense appears to have played exceptionally well in most of the games this season. Not even much in the way of garbage time points allowed. The game against Jackson Christian stands out as a low-scoring game (12-0) against a team that's taken some hits and not performed very well. Otherwise, they appear to have played up to form the rest of the year. The defense may be a bit stingier than USJ's while the USJ offense appears to be a bit more explosive. The only real anomaly I can see from the schedule is that JCS game.

Wish I was able to make it to this one. It should be a humdinger b/w two very solid and maybe even really good teams that both have legit shots to be playing in the SCG in a few weeks.

Edited by Trojan Fan

I heard that JCS recovered 5, count 'em 5, SG fumbles. If that's true, that explains the score being close. Loser of Friday's game would be on track to play DCA in Nashville. What's the scouting report on DCA this year. I know they have a poor playoff history.

Edited by warhawk

Memphisprep1, I would rather just say when your up by alot at halftime 47-0, and you still have your starters until after the first drive of the 4th quarter or start of the 4th, you have lost alot of respect toward me. I can understand taking them out at halftime or after the frist drive of the 3rd quarter but leaving them in until the first drive of the 4th quarter come on give me a break. There is another game I have heard St. Georges players did some disrespect toward but would rather not get into detail on that.

How are they also getting all these transfers in from Manassas and being able to play so soon?

Edited by BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Memphisprep1, I would rather just say when your up by alot at halftime 47-0, and you still have your starters until after the first drive of the 4th quarter or start of the 4th, you have lost alot of respect toward me. I can understand taking them out at halftime or after the frist drive of the 3rd quarter but leaving them in until the first drive of the 4th quarter come on give me a break. There is another game I have heard St. Georges players did some disrespect toward but would rather not get into detail on that.

How are they also getting all these transfers in from Manassas and being able to play so soon?

They had two transfers from Manassas that have waited a full year to play a game which are the rules