3A Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

is this a bracket that you made up or is it real? I'm wondering why because Camden has the same record as Lewis county with no district loses. Is this based on how many district games have been played so far? If so i can see that because LC is 4-1 in district play and Camden is 3-0. because of the 2 more games that LC has played although they lost one means they are still a number 4 seed? Also why would LC be the 4th seed when Camden is 14th and LC is 23? It just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not trying to start anything I was just wondering what the conditions are that this bracket is based on.

I thought it was weird to cause in just 3A teams...Camden is ranked 11th and LC is ranked 12th without any 4A schools in the mix. Camden is still higher then LC in just class 3A by one. So i was thinking that Camden should be 4th and LC should be 5th. It confused me as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the real bracket. Right now Camden and Lewis are 2nd place in their district. Of course we know this is going to change over the next three weeks, but as of right now this is how it stands. Lewis Co. is ranked higher than Camden. I don't know where you got the 14th and 23rd but that is incorrect. Lewis is 17th and Camden is 18th right now.

Remember teams will be seeded based on this criteria.

1. District Winners First

2. District Runner-Ups Second

3. Wild Card Last

No sir look again Camden is tied first in the district. Well at least tied for it.

Where are you guys looking because if you to the TSSAA site, it clearly shows Lewis one spot ahead of Camden. Also, Camden is tied fir first but right now Harpeth has the tiebreaker, so this week Camden is considered a two seed. A lot will change after this Friday. But as if right now my bracket is right.

3A Playoff Standings

Edited by Gerry Bertier

If Polk wins out and CAK loses one game would Polk have a shot at getting the 1 seed?

If Austin-East wins out and Fulton beats Carter, then Austin-East will win District 3. It's possible that they could end up in Quad 2. So in this scenario...

If Austin-East wins District 3 and ends up in Quad 2...

If Alcoa wins out...

If CAK wins two of three (losing to Alcoa)...

If Polk wins out...

Then, the top three seeds would be...

#1 Polk (8-2)

#2 Austin-East (7-3)

#3 Alcoa (7-3)

That's a lot of if's. It's a lot of football to be played.

If Austin-East wins out and Fulton beats Carter, then Austin-East will win District 3. It's possible that they could end up in Quad 2. So in this scenario...

If Austin-East wins District 3 and ends up in Quad 2...

If Alcoa wins out...

If CAK wins two of three (losing to Alcoa)...

If Polk wins out...

Then, the top three seeds would be...

#1 Polk (8-2)

#2 Austin-East (7-3)

#3 Alcoa (7-3)

That's a lot of if's. It's a lot of football to be played.

I may be wrong but I know that last year if you had the same divisional record at the end of the year they would go to your overall record for who gets in the playoffs. So if they have not changed it since last year CAK would end the season 8-2 with only one loss in there division and if Austin-East were to finish with only one loss in their division they would be 7-3 which if I'm not mistaken would mean that CAK would have the better record and therefore get the better seed over Austin-East.

Edited by spartansr1

No sir look again Camden is tied first in the district. Well at least tied for it.

Yea.... that makes a lot of sense, since on the actually TSSAA website Camden is listed as second and has a worse record than the number one team in their district, but hey maybe some people trust random sites that parents get on and post who is first, second, third, and so on, but i like to get my facts from the only website that actually matters in the argument.

Edited by spartansr1