Dyersburg @ Obion Central

Reelfoot72

Dburg didn't loose to brighton, it was to a very good chester co team. Get the rain boots and scarfs ready

Both teams score points in bunches-- OC is avg. around 43 points/game while the Trojans score at a 36 p/g clip

but one has to look at the opponents both teams have played this season and how the teams do vs. quality opponents(by this I mean opponents with a winning record)

D'burg may have trouble defending the pass which is what the Rebels excel at (avg. 257 passing yds/game) and the Rebels have had troulbe defending the run from time to time which is what the Trojans will do ( 4 different players each with 2 TD runs last week vs. Ripley) Whoever defends the other teams strengths will have a leg up.

I think OC was humbled by the fact that Covington ran it all over the field against them for over 500 yards which woke up the defense and made the Rebels realize they still have work to do. Both teams have lost to covington and D'burg also lost to a very good Brighton(6A) team. Both teams defenses will be tested and it appears to me that though the Trojans have a very good balanced run game they don't have the explosiveness of a Covington which should give the Rebels the edge on this special Thursday night/Senior Night game in Troy.

getcha Popcorn ready.. :popcorneater: Or hot chocolate depending on the weather :unsure:

Thanks I hope who ever makes whoops the quad 3 team... they have been talking noise!

LOUD NOISES!!! obion is gona win this game...15 to 11...no wait...maybe thats what each teams D gives up per game...obion 15...dyersburg 11...still obion wins...

and yes...just to continue the chatter...quad 3 winner will go to the semis...

dyersburg may have held phelps under 100 yards...but u still lost by 3+ TDs...u guys should be happy they replaced chester with a 3-7 team...at least ull get a W for whoever has to go play in memphis...hopefully no gun shots tho...

:hungry:

Hater!

LOUD NOISES!!! obion is gona win this game...15 to 11...no wait...maybe thats what each teams D gives up per game...obion 15...dyersburg 11...still obion wins...

and yes...just to continue the chatter...quad 3 winner will go to the semis...

dyersburg may have held phelps under 100 yards...but u still lost by 3+ TDs...u guys should be happy they replaced chester with a 3-7 team...at least ull get a W for whoever has to go play in memphis...hopefully no gun shots tho...

:hungry:

Think I'll declare my pick Thursday afternoon. Saw film of one of these teams tonight and their defense was deplorable, if even existent. Team didn't/couldn't tackle. Appeared they didn't wanna tackle, were soft, avoided contact as well as appeared numerous times to take a dive to refrain from contact. Was not physical at all, looked like a jr high team on def at best. Very disappointing. Total insult to defensive football,no hustle,intensity or desire. But in reality being afraid and shy from contact explains as well the lack of hustle and intensity.Supported big time the fact that football is indeed down in W. Tennessee this year..

I will say that Dyersburg was the only team to hold Cameron Phelps under a 100 yards rushing this year. The problem was that everyone else had a good game. The second half was not close at all. I do like the speed of Dyersburg though. Good luck to both teams and should be a great game.

They did hold Phelps under a 100 but CC did finish with over 200 rushing! Butler had 5 carries for 115 and Cavaness had 200 passing! So that's 400+ yards and CC scored a 1/3 of what their Defense has allowed this year! They are a purty good ball team tho!

Sorry just had to throw that out there!! :thumb: 14AA!!

Think I'll declare my pick Thursday afternoon. Saw film of one of these teams tonight and their defense was deplorable, if even existent. Team didn't/couldn't tackle. Appeared they didn't wanna tackle, were soft, avoided contact as well as appeared numerous times to take a dive to refrain from contact. Was not physical at all, looked like a jr high team on def at best. Very disappointing. Total insult to defensive football,no hustle,intensity or desire. But in reality being afraid and shy from contact explains as well the lack of hustle and intensity.Supported big time the fact that football is indeed down in W. Tennessee this year..

football is not down in west tn...its down in 13AA

I saw Dyersburg last year and this year. There is no comparsion between the two teams. This year's version is far better than last year. The record shows it. I did see the Covington Game...the offense kept giving it away and the defense just ran out of gas in the 4th Qtr. This team is more disciplined, better on Defense in all phases. Secondary has a bunch of picks this year and can lay the wood. Offense has put up some big numbers this year. I would also say the takeaway margin is huge this year. Big Time play from the kicking game. The punter and the place kicker could be DI prospects...it might come down to the kicking game between these two schools.

Edited by vandy1

They did hold Phelps under a 100 but CC did finish with over 200 rushing! Butler had 5 carries for 115 and Cavaness had 200 passing! So that's 400+ yards and CC scored a 1/3 of what their Defense has allowed this year! They are a purty good ball team tho!

Sorry just had to throw that out there!! :thumb: 14AA!!

Yea I know they did I was trying to make it sound good. lol I did say everyone else had a huge game at least. ha GO EAGLES!!!

football is not down in west tn...its down in 13AA

Who do you think is strong in W. Tennessee. Our district is as soft as ever.. Haywood(worst team we have ever fielded) Crockett way down( worst in 15 years) Gibson Cty deplorable as usual(why do they play fb), Ripley worst team in 25 years, Dyersburg average (tho i believe has best team in district) Covington record better (but let's face it they're not that good), Obion (winning like Cov because of terrible opponents)Westview average @ best, Milan not nearly as good as in the past( as stated b4 lost to a decent 1A Huntington). Northside back to usual , JCM, Southside mediocre at best.Liberty & CC a little better, Lexington solid but not title contenders by any stretch. Brighton winning here but humiliated early in season 49-0 to Riverdale. Arlington winning here spanked in MT. Who do you see that is not down. Most of these are not just down but absolutely terrible this year..

Edited by StBentley

Edited by StBentley