Dyersburg @ Obion Central

Reelfoot72

Short week lets get in going early.

This could be a real g0od game. DHS's secondary has not been tested since the Chester Co. game. CC was able to pass at will in that game. CC started passing after DHS was able to contain CC's running game. OC will not be able to run on DHS and with the acuracy of OC's qb and good recvs, IMO, OC will move the ball and put up points. With that said, DHS has been putting up a lot of points lately, but the comp. has been very weak, same as OC. DHS does have an offence comparable to Cov, and should be able to move the ball against OC and put up points. I think the winner of this game will be the team with the least amount of penalties and turnovers. DHS has been prone to both, turnovers have gotten better, penalties still a big problem. Game is a toos up....DHS 31 OC 28. Looking forward to a good game to end the regular season. Good luck to both teams and I hope we have an injury free game.

I agree with the previous post as I had a chance to observe D'burg last night in a 58-12 dominating game over a poorly coached Ripley squad. Trojans defense is very tough vs. the run and Obion will run out of the spread set quite a bit with Fair. Dyersburg had problems from time to time with the passing game of Ripley which was basically throw it up and see what happens. The Tigers actually scored both of their TD's off of pass plays but the Trojans still came away with a couple of interceptions

but once again this won't be Ripley they are playing as the Rebels have a more structured passing game led by QB Trey Phipps who has thrown for around 2500 yards and over 30 Touchdowns this season as he lit up the Haywood team last night. Dyersburg reminds you of Covington in the fact that they have multiple guys who run the ball well. Rod Caesar, Willie Toles, Brandon Boyd and QB Hayden Alford each had two TD runs last night. They run a lot of counter plays, some trap plays and sweeps that will keep teams off balanced. OC had trouble with Covington's inside trap and Sweep plays the week before to the tune of over 500 yards rushing. My opinion is Dyersburg not quite as athletic as Covington but will still be a tough opponent for the Rebels who observe Senior Night and also with both teams coming in at 5-1 in District play (DHS is 7-2 overall and winners of 6 straight, OC is 8-1 overall) the winner could have an inside track at securing a home playoff game. Both teams are playoff bound and who knows, they could turn around and play each other again in the opening round of the Playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I think this will be another barn-burner!! Im just hoping the Rebels can come out on top in this one. I expect for the Defense to show up a lil more in this contest for Obion. If they play like they did against a very good Covington team, It might be a long night for the Rebel faithful! Everyone should come out to Rebel Field Thursday Night and check out this matchup between 2 very good ball clubs! OC wins 46-32. GO REBELS!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

If Dyersburg is anything like Covington, and again, the game continues into the second half, this may not be good for the Rebels which has only played one ( 1 ) complete game from start to finish. With their schedule being weak the first 7 games, this could go against the Rebels. As I saw in the Covington game, the Rebels had no answer to stopping the ground game of the Chargers. Turnovers and penalties will be the key. Dyersburgs secondary is pretty good from what one coach who has seen their film. Dyersburg is back to their old team and this should be one heck of a game. Whoever wins this game should play one game at home during playoffs but a loss will send you on the road throught.

Does anyone remember what OC did to Dyersburg's secondary last season ??...Have they (Trojans) improved like 1000% back there ??...

Dyersburg's D is nothing like last year. Secondary is still the weakest link...but much improved from last year. The line is very good and will put alot of pressure on the qb that they did not do last year. So it may be the front's pressure that has made the secondary better. Coach Decker, and his assistants have done a tremedous job improving the D and I think you will see it this year. I'm not saying we will stop OC's powerful O....just that we will do a much better job than last year, plus Dyersburg's O will put points on the board. Looking for a good game. Sounds like we may be at OC the following Friday too.

the weakest link for dyersburg this season, has been the offense in big games....

Dyersburg's D is nothing like last year. Secondary is still the weakest link...but much improved from last year. The line is very good and will put alot of pressure on the qb that they did not do last year. So it may be the front's pressure that has made the secondary better. Coach Decker, and his assistants have done a tremedous job improving the D and I think you will see it this year. I'm not saying we will stop OC's powerful O....just that we will do a much better job than last year, plus Dyersburg's O will put points on the board. Looking for a good game. Sounds like we may be at OC the following Friday too.

the weakest link for dyersburg this season, has been the offense in big games....

Sonof mandingo...how many big games have we played??? Cov and Ches Co....the only two...def was good in cov. until the 4th qtr. when they were so out of shape they could not get up off the field after each play....Cov. special teams, offensive turnovers and coaching cost us the game...Ches. Co. our defense sucked and cost us the game. No matter which group was off...we have gotten better. D'burg has not been able to defend a good pass offense in years. Dyersburg offense will win the game, not the defense against OC. Dyersburg D is great against the run, but MIGHT be not so good against the passing of OC. Neither team will stop the others offense. Turnovers and penalties will decide the game.

Why are the playing on Thursday? Don't believe it is for television reasons either.

Not positive but they did this a couple years ago because of Halloween...I think now it's more that they can play Thursday night, scout a possible playoff opponent and have an extra couple days to prepare for Rd. 1 of the playoffs...

Maybe this year OC won't be matched up with their Week 10 opponent like they were last season...

Sonof mandingo...how many big games have we played??? Cov and Ches Co....the only two...def was good in cov. until the 4th qtr. when they were so out of shape they could not get up off the field after each play....Cov. special teams, offensive turnovers and coaching cost us the game...Ches. Co. our defense sucked and cost us the game. No matter which group was off...we have gotten better. D'burg has not been able to defend a good pass offense in years. Dyersburg offense will win the game, not the defense against OC. Dyersburg D is great against the run, but MIGHT be not so good against the passing of OC. Neither team will stop the others offense. Turnovers and penalties will decide the game.

Last year, Dyersburg couldn't move the ball on a pitiful Rebel defense and couldn't stop, not even be in the same area code of OC's receivers...I know it's a different season but D-burg will have to have improved an unbelievable amount over last year to keep this game close...Phipps had over 300 yards passing at half on real simple pitch and catches...Real basic routes...