DII-A playoffs

Footballer69

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe these are the matchups based on the TSSAA handbook and the final standings.

#1 E/M 1-Knoxville Webb Spartans 8-2 (3-0)-bye

Hosting

#3 E/M 2-Zion Christian Academy Eagles 5-5 (1-2)@

#2 West 1-Southern Baptist Educational Center Trojans 8-2 (3-1)

#1 West 2-University School of Jackson Bruins 9-1 (5-0)-bye

Hosting

#3 West 1-Evangelical Christian School Eagles 7-3 (3-1)@

#2 E/M 2-Franklin Road Academy Panthers 4-6 (2-1)

------------------------------------------------------

#1 West 1-Harding Academy Lions 8-2 (3-1)-bye

Hosting

#3 West 2-Jackson Christian School Eagles 5-5 (3-2)@

#2 E/M 1-Davidson Academy Bears 3-7 (2-1)

#1 E/M 2-Donelson Christian Academy Wildcats 8-2 (3-0)-bye

Hosting

#3 E/M 1-Ezell-Harding Christian School Eagles 4-6 (1-2)@

#2 West 2-St. George’s Independent School Gryphons 7-3 (4-1)

Edited by Trojan Fan

Trojan Fan, I think you hit the nail in the head with the bracket. Usjbruin, your right as well, the top half is loaded. I think what is interesting about the whole thing is Davidson getting in @ 3-7! WOW! I think JCS has a chance to beat Davidson if they go to Nashville and play a good football game.

Sounded like FACS almost pulled off the upset last night against SBEC. What happened?

When is the TSSAA gonna come out with the real bracket?

Let the play-offs and the smack talking begin, boys!

Sounded like FACS almost pulled off the upset last night against SBEC.

The offense hasn't done much the last 6 quarters. Not much imagination. The only passing has been throwing deep and not much imagination in the running game even with man coverage and safeties in the box. Could be getting conservative trying to salt away a win and save up for the playoffs and could be defenses figurIng things out. Combination probably. Another fumble at the opponent one yard line and no evevtual ppints didn't help but make no mistake, they didnt look great.

Performance will have to be light years better to beat Webb and they best get off early against Zion.

A playoff note. Don't sleep on Harding. Defense is OK and solid but the offense is balanced with multiple playmakers and can do a lot of different things.

Yes,, the top half is ridiculously loaded with entertaining matchups/teams. As noted elsewhere the JCS/Davidson matchup doesn't include teams with great records but that can be a really interesting first round matchup and highly entertaining HS playoff game.

Does sbec really stand a chance against Webb. I just don't see their offense being explosive enough to keep up with Webb. #5 will have to take the game completely over and but up a ton of points. No one will be able to hold Webb to less than four touchdowns. I just think with the way we have been playing usj is the only team capable of putting up enough points to beet them. Does anyone know anything about fra and how they will do against ecs. In the lower bracket I think that Harding will cruse all the way to cookville.

Doesn't St georges have a new back now that has been cleared to play? Who is there best player? As for Dca they are solid, well rounded. Hope usj can beat Webb in the semis

Before USJ can even PLAY Webb, they are going to have to get by ECS - pretty sure they remember ECS, the one team that beat them this year. Should be a great game and believe USJ is better now than then, but basically a 3 week lay off (no disrespect to TRA, but starters only playing a quarter hardly counts) may be a factor.