AE at AC

AERoadrunners

Oh no, Fulton is thinking they are all that an then some! But most of the Fulton players and parents know that I'm a proud supporter of these Roadrunners and they've(Fulton people) been saying that AC is going to Blank AE this week. I don't see this happening and I hope Fulton don't get big headed because they are still underfeated!

GO AE, what are you all thoughts on this game?

I really don't know what to think about the AC/AE game this week. I know that ACs normal routine will be a little bit different this week due to the fact they are not in school due to fall break. As far as bouncing back this week after that hard emotional let down last week will also be tough. But....I've never picked against my boys in the HERD in either football or basketball and I sure as heck am not going to start now, if you know what I mean.

This game will be one of the best 3 region games of the season ranking right up there with the Fulton-AE and Fulton-AC games.

The winner of this game will be the one that executes the best. What I mean by that is whoever's offense takes care of the rock and whichever teams special teams are really special will win the game. If I recall correctly, both Fulton and AC were burned by long Fulton returns for TDs. Picking the outcome of this game would be like flipping a quarter 10 times: it would probably be tied 5-5 when things were said and done.

Here is my prediction, for the record: AC 21, AE 20 (OT)

TheAnswer (it's great to a part of the Herd)!! ;)

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 10-14-02 8:49P]

Posted by TheAnswer9:

I really don't know what to think about the AC/AE game this week. I know that ACs normal routine will be a little bit different this week due to the fact they are not in school due to fall break. As far as bouncing back this week after that hard emotional let down last week will also be tough. But....I've never picked against my boys in the HERD in either football or basketball and I sure as heck am not going to start now, if you know what I mean.

This game will be one of the best 3 region games of the season ranking right up there with the Fulton-AE and Fulton-AC games.

The winner of this game will be the one that executes the best. What I mean by that is whoever's offense takes care of the rock and whichever teams special teams are really special will win the game. If I recall correctly, both Fulton and AC were burned by long Fulton returns for TDs. Picking the outcome of this game would be like flipping a quarter 10 times: it would probably be tied 5-5 when things were said and done.

Here is my prediction, for the record: AC 21, AE 20 (OT)

TheAnswer (it's great to a part of the Herd)!! ;)

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 10-14-02 8:49P]

Paragraph 3 somes it up. The answer hit it right on the nose. Both teams are well coached. Both teams have good atheletes. Both teams have been in big games before. Both teams respect the other. This game is a true football fans game.

Keys to victory

Special Teams -Both

Keeping penalties low - AE

Turnovers - Both

Offensive line getting push - AC

Defense making tackle and swarming to the ball - AE

AE being able to run the ball

AC having time to throw the ball

With Anderson County coming off a heartbreaking loss against Fulton in double overtime, the Mavericks must bounce back in a hurry because the Roadrunners will present another tough challenge this week.

The two keys to a Maverick victory are creating a real pass threat and no mistakes on special teams. Anderson County has not completed a pass in three games. And it's not because they can't catch. The quarterback hasn't delivered a pass that has been catchable. I hate to be critical of that, but even band parents were noticing that last week. Rob Wright has to really step it up this week or the Mavs may lose two in a row. If I was Austin-East, I would just put 9 or 10 guys in the box on defense and make AC beat me by passing the ball.

Anderson County must not have any special team breakdowns. In the last two weeks, the field goal/extra point team has been an adventure with 3 botched snaps and 2 missed kicks. The Mavs also need to do a better job containing kickoff and punt returns.

One plus from the Fulton game though was the Anderson County defense. If the defense can play as well against Austin-East, they give the Mavs a chance to win this one.

Anderson County 20 Austin-East 14

Posted by AERoadrunners:

Boorelly, what do you think about all them calls against the Roadrunners last Friday? I didn't see one call made against Gibbs. But that's true about how we need to control them, we gave up to many yards Friday because of that. I see ya Friday-GO AE!

It was terrible. Coach Stevens will not allow his coaches or players to question calls. But this was terrible. AE team is aggressive but not dirty. Anyone that played against them will tell you that. They called a personal foul on one of AE WR making a downfield block. He knocked the DB down and tried to release upfield the DB held his leg and WR stopped and held up his hand to indicate that the DB would not let him go. The ref called him for tauting. I think Stevens is going to ask for clarifications from this weeks clues on some of the calls his team was flagged for.

Should be a close ballgame. But I'll give the edge to AE. In another post it was brought out that AC has problems passing, and AE is not the team you'd want to try to fine tune your passing game against. I don't think you can beat AE by being one dimensional.

Austin East 23

Anderson Co 21

[Edited by orangenblack on 10-16-02 12:03P]