Obion is calling the game bc of Rain

sonofmandingo

Mhmm, sounds like you know YOUR coach well.

Is that really an attempt at mockery?? Well, Sport, Jackson is not my coach, nor is anybody else for that matter. Its just common sense, the only people who lie more than coaches, are liars themselves.

Edited by Maxoutlh

This is not a suprsie to many. To start the season..the game was to have been played on a Friday...then moved to a Thursday due to making the T$$AA money. Then the "weather" factor came into play. Why ? This is football folks. Senior night or not..the game should have been played. Now, if severe weather, lightning or tornadoes were to be in the forecast...thatnis one thing for safety but now rains..some wind, somewhat a little cooler and a somewhat wet field ? This is all a Coach Jackson move. What if there was rain in the forecast Friday night...would they have postponed ? NOPE !! The Rebels are ticked because they could be a 9 - 1 team and play in Memphis first round or 8 - 2 and play on the road in Dyersburg. This all fits into a coach Jackson theory of onside kicking in a game your up 50 - 0 at the half....playing Haywood Co...50 - 0 at the half and not playing your second string D. It is his way or the highway and the administration is not going to question a coach who has brough their team from the cellar to the top....just the way it is. Their crowd would have been big either way...other school kids, coaches and football fans in general would have come but not now..they accually hurt their gate tonight. Also...I believe it is a scouting thing...coach Jackson didn't realize when the game was moved to a Thursday night...he would be possible 9 - 1 or 8 - 2. Now he is and is doing what he thinks is his way. Now, you know for sure the school principle or school's system's head man did come to him and say, " coach, if I was you, I would move the game"...this all came from Jackson....he is just that way.

Just wanted to point out that OC stops kicking when they reach the mercy rule. :thumb:

This is extremely SOFT and a disgrace to football. This is the greatest game to ever be invented. And one of the reasons it's so great is the fact that you play regardless of weather! OC really looks bad! That's the difference between champions and mediocre teams. Champions would do their thing regardless of weather.

The kids wanted to play on Thursday... so I guess they are still chamipons??

I usually read all the posts before adding my two cents worth,but I cant wait to agree 100% about this issue.A classless,chickenhearted attempt to better his teams chances is all that can be read into this,and dont play the money card on this one,it's an insult to any football fans IQ.This game is essentally a playoff game and the fans would/will be there regardless.Coach Stowe didn't like the game being on Thursday to begin with,but didn't argue,just accepted that it was Obions call as it is their home game.I've NEVER heard of a game being postponed from rain(not lightning,just rain).Last I heard,the principals were still talking(not official),but I'm with 'howdoitknow2',we'd play,or Obion would forefit.

What advantage does OC get over Dburg for pushing this game back a day!?! Dburg gets the same amount of time as OC does if they want to use it to prepare more.. Please, if somebody can tell me what advantage OC gained by postponing this game a day, fill me in.. Everybody, take off your Black&Gold, Blue&Red, Purple&Gold, or whatever your school colors are, sunglasses, and think about it for a bit. NOBODY gains an advantage here. And before anybody thinks I'm looking at this from a Rebel point of view, I was LIVID that this game got pushed back a day. I thought the same thoughts... "This is football, it is played in all weather, etc." BUT, Purple & Gold Standard has a point, this is a special night for the kids and their parents and they deserve to able to enjoy it to the fullest.

What advantage does OC get over Dburg for pushing this game back a day!?! Dburg gets the same amount of time as OC does if they want to use it to prepare more.. Please, if somebody can tell me what advantage OC gained by postponing this game a day, fill me in.. Everybody, take off your Black&Gold, Blue&Red, Purple&Gold, or whatever your school colors are, sunglasses, and think about it for a bit. NOBODY gains an advantage here. And before anybody thinks I'm looking at this from a Rebel point of view, I was LIVID that this game got pushed back a day. I thought the same thoughts... "This is football, it is played in all weather, etc." BUT, Purple & Gold Standard has a point, this is a special night for the kids and their parents and they deserve to able to enjoy it to the fullest.

Finally somebody gets it! the field is actually Going to be worse toninght than last night. It is raining Now, has off and on most of the night. Going to be a sloppy surface.

Finally somebody gets it! the field is actually Going to be worse toninght than last night. It is raining Now, has off and on most of the night. Going to be a sloppy surface.

Why did they wait til the morning of the game to make the call? No prior conversations with D'burg officials, although half of OC knew waht was going on the night before. The rain was forecasted all week long. Forecasted SHOWERS, not tornadoes, not tunderstorms and really no showers either. I wished D'burg would pull a no show and let OC's admin enjoy a fun senior night without a football game. Don't think it will make any meaningful difference in the playoff picture. But D'burg administration has too much class for that to happen. OC was favored in the game and now a win by OC comes with a cloud. Ironic?

Maybe because weather changes so much hour to hour? Why Would there be a cloud over a victory? Both teams Have had equal time to prepare, equal field conditions? And No nobody was talking about canceling this game earlier in the week. Booster club painted the field on Tuesday Because of rain coming on Wednesday. Seems they thought Game was going to be played. They also cooked for the team and coaches on Wednesday night, team and coaches had a "lock-in" and they all watched a movie and slept at field house. Those plans weren't changed speculating the game being moved. If coach Jackson is as shady as some of you say why Didn't he cancel that And practice instead since he knew he was going to have an extra day??? You people really need to get life's or stay on topics if This is all you have to do is bash people.

By the way your statement has been printed above from the U C paper.....the Obion officials could have cared less if Dyersburg had a say or not. That is real class. ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE OR ANY STATE FOR THAT MATTER...each school comes together on a decision on this matter but home school has final say. This was a joke...you know it..the Rebels faithful know it and Jackson doesn't care. It is his way to show he is pissed that OC has to travel win or loose to Memphis by the way of the playoffs. This game would have been played on Thursday if the Rebels had been 9 - 0. Should win but not a safe trip for anyone from this area...different part of the world. I'm not a Dyersburg fan but on the same level, stuff like this has everyone shaking their heads knowing who and what is said about coach Jackson....no coahces respect him in the West and this just adds to it. I know many of them and some who caoch against him. I REALLY hate this for the school because he could care less if this is the Rebels, the Tornadoes, the Vols or the Titans....he is just for him and him only. But it is what it is....the game is now Friday and will be played baring temps below 40 degrees......lol.

What did coach Jackson Do to you?? You seem to have a personal vendetta against him! Is it because your nephew is wanting to come to oc? Is it Because he has come to oc and built a program? If you had him at UC you Would be carrying his umbrella at the game, or doing something feminine! Come to the game, say Who You are, I will gladly show my face to you, reveal my identity!!! Hope to see you there!

I got this from Northwest Tennessee News this morning:

Due to early rains this morning Coach Jackson of Obion County has decided to move the game again. The game will played by his rules on his turf literally. The game will be moved inside of Obion County's field house to protect the players and parents on senior night from inclement weather and wet bleachers, and the Athletic Director will take the blame again and say that he made this decision. The temperature inside the field will be nice and balmy and perfectly dry, so no need to wear heavy rain coats.

Stay Classy Obion

-Dingo

• Upvote 1

I got this from Northwest Tennessee News this morning:

Due to early rains this morning Coach Jackson of Obion County has decided to move the game again. The game will played by his rules on his turf literally. The game will be moved inside of Obion County's field house to protect the players and parents on senior night from inclement weather and wet bleachers, and the Athletic Director will take the blame again and say that he made this decision. The temperature inside the field will be nice and balmy and perfectly dry, so no need to wear heavy rain coats.

Stay Classy Obion

-Dingo

Please! Stand at the gate holding a sign That says sonofmandingo! Please??????? Stay classy? Like the class You show? Heck man up, show us Who you are, talk trash face to face!!! BE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.... So sensitive to words, witty posts, and so sensitive to rain!

Please! Stand at the gate holding a sign That says sonofmandingo! Please??????? Stay classy? Like the class You show Heck man up, show us Who you are, talk trash face to face!!! BE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!