Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

Like the fork says, your words seem harsh. When did you play at Overton? Did you play for Thigpen? By the way, you are incorrect. He has been a DC. You also left out that he was the DB coach on defense for Overton. CR is not a new school either. Most brand new schools are not loaded with talent because most open with only underclassmen such as freshman and sophomores as CR did about four years ago.

I was there in the early 2000s. What did I say that was harsh? I simply stated what he had done at Overton. He does coach DBs but like I said, its still only a position coach. I dont know of anytime in the last 10 years he has been DC and if he was, it didnt last long. Tell me again what i said that was harsh?

Where has SW coached? What about TT? If the TT you speak of is currently a head coach in another state (and has been a head coach in the midstate in the past) then he is a great fit for this and any other job that he applies for.

Both assistant football,neither have been a head coach in football. TT is not Tommy Tharpe.

I was there in the early 2000s. What did I say that was harsh? I simply stated what he had done at Overton. He does coach DBs but like I said, its still only a position coach. I dont know of anytime in the last 10 years he has been DC and if he was, it didnt last long. Tell me again what i said that was harsh?

He was a DC in 2005 and 2006. Sounds like you are kind of blasting him by saying he has not done anything and that CR can do better. So I ask you, who is a better fit a CR in your opinion? What has he done to be a better fit?

He was a DC in 2005 and 2006. Sounds like you are kind of blasting him by saying he has not done anything and that CR can do better. So I ask you, who is a better fit a CR in your opinion? What has he done to be a better fit?

I was gone by then. Why did he not continue in that position?

I dont have anyone in mind. Im not even saying he is a bad choice. I would just think they would look for someone who has either been a head coach before or has some consistant sucess as an OC or DC. Urban Meyer went directly from WR coach to head coach so it can be done and done well. I was simple making an observation of the situation.

I was gone by then. Why did he not continue in that position?

I dont have anyone in mind. Im not even saying he is a bad choice. I would just think they would look for someone who has either been a head coach before or has some consistant sucess as an OC or DC. Urban Meyer went directly from WR coach to head coach so it can be done and done well. I was simple making an observation of the situation.

Thigpen was a DC in 2006 and 2007. He corrected me. He was then promoted to HC at a new school. He gave up that position to go to Overton to learn from a Metro icon and be around someone who was successful. Those were his own words by the way. I can also tell you that when CR was open the first time when Abner was hired, Thigpen was a finalist then too!