Giles travels to DeKalb Co

WiseOldManGiles

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Giles fans. Go to www.dekalbcountyfootball.com for just about anything you want to know on their team. I sure hope we don't have that much stuff out there :popcorneater:

I was looking at that last night, good stuff. Only thing they lacked was putting in the playbook. Impressive stuff all that lifting and those 40s. Dekalb, you should have this one in the bag.

The only time GC does 40s is when the boys are racing to get out of practice. They all race from the barn they change clothes in to the parking lot to see who can leave first. Rock...didn't you measure that and say it was about 40 yards?!?

Wish we would do a little more organized lifting also. The only real lifting is at Timmys house when the coaches let the boys out of practice early. The lifting at school is when the coaches put them thru the bench press contest on Mondays. Hey WOMG, are you organizing the weight repair at the end of the season? Those plastic covered weights sure have some big cracks in them. I think the General Pro Hardware is giving the school some duct tape to fix the cracks in the plastic on the weights and some sand to fill them back up. The boys sure are likeing all that sand missing though...cuz it looks like they are lifting more than they actually are.

I was looking at that last night, good stuff. Only thing they lacked was putting in the playbook. Impressive stuff all that lifting and those 40s. Dekalb, you should have this one in the bag.

The only time GC does 40s is when the boys are racing to get out of practice. They all race from the barn they change clothes in to the parking lot to see who can leave first. Rock...didn't you measure that and say it was about 40 yards?!?

Wish we would do a little more organized lifting also. The only real lifting is at Timmys house when the coaches let the boys out of practice early. The lifting at school is when the coaches put them thru the bench press contest on Mondays. Hey WOMG, are you organizing the weight repair at the end of the season? Those plastic covered weights sure have some big cracks in them. I think the General Pro Hardware is giving the school some duct tape to fix the cracks in the plastic on the weights and some sand to fill them back up. The boys sure are likeing all that sand missing though...cuz it looks like they are lifting more than they actually are.

Waiting on a sale here. On our budget we can't afford a bus tire much less real weights.

Whoever came up with the idea of putting picnicking tables in a 40' box trailer to transport the team is a genius. They are shipping them Friday morning UPS to Smithville. Guaranteed delivery. Now that's using our few dollars wisely! :shock:

WOMG I have enjoyed reading your posts all years. You are one of the more entertaining posters on The T. With that being said I am gonna take DeKalb in this one. Watched em play SC earlier in the year and their QB will give you fits with his ability to keep a play alive.

Thanks. I am a product of my own imagination for sure. :roflolk:

SC is without Lattimore plus the Old Ball Coach just ain't what he uses to be so I haven't used the SC game as a benchmark. :shock:

We do have a secret game plan though. Our boys have rags with graphite on them tucked in their britches. That will keep their inner thighs from rubbing together in which makes them rum faster which should help us to catch that slippery QB. Now if them refs ain't a looking too close we going to try and rub some on his cleats if we ever catch him. So. if you see him slip and fall when no ones around you will know he needs a foot washing bad. Might want to put the Baptists on alert up there. :o

DeKalb has really got a good program going in the last few years. Coach Trapp has been here for awhile now and has the community behind the team and the players playing football. The extra bleachers are still not enough. DeKalb has overcrowded every home game for the past 4 years or so and every away game we pack or overcrowd the visitor side. Thanks to all the football parents that are making a difference. Hopefully the facilities will be getting better soon too. The website is ran thanks to parents as well and is for the fans and great for the community to keep up with everything. Everyone around here really enjoys the team and isn't worried about information being out there. That is why it is there. Nothing that will really give anything away is there. DeKalb traveled in the playoffs in 08 and 09 and made it to the second round those two years. They finished 8-2 in 08 as well in a much tougher district. It is amazing how much different the program is than it used to be. Hope GC brings a lot of fans. We like to be loud, but so far the fan base for other teams has been less than great with the exception of Smith Co.

The more I read and see he better I feel about the game for the cats. I think the differnce will be the play of GC defnse. They have been stiffling to offenses at times and have only struggled when we have had multple turnovers. I think the offense has corrected some things in that area. DC seems to have struggled against some running teams Intersting this year Polk has knocked out 2 defenders while finishing off runs. Saveral phases are going to bode well for us.

GC 35. DC 17

Edited by likearock