BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

I understand rules are rules. I just hate it that a teams season is over after a win. His pitching didn't manufacture 7 runs. I know that if another pitcher came in for the 7th that SG may have scored 4 for the win...who knows.

I just find it ironic that it was SG turning in CD.

While I agree that the pitcher didn't produce the 7 runs that CD scored with his pitching, if the opposition were pitching a different pitcher perhaps CD wouldn't have scored all 7 runs. Isn't that why you use your best pitchers in the most critical games, to keep the other team from scoring? But the rules have been in place for years to protect kids' arms. It's just unfortunate that this happened like this.

Edited by CDHSGrad

Being reported(and talked about quite a bit) that CDHS was disqualified, but SGHS lost, so there will be no runner-up representation from this district. Apparently since the SGHS coach didn't catch it, and protest it, before the end of the game, they were tagged with the loss.

Tri-Cities sports monster radio has talked about this all morning.

This whole thing is a real sad ending to a pretty good baseball season... I know I had said some things in early post and maybe I was wrong but, bottom line mistakes were made by coaches...it started with the CD coach and ended with SG coaches not knowing to protest before the start of the 7th inning...Those two decisions cost a bunch of SR's and the rest of their teammates some more baseball and gave a team in District 1 a BIG gift! This could of been a year where NE TN (BRAC) could of made a statement to the rest of TN that we can play some baseball up here... Who knows what would of happend but, from a lot of talk and conversations with fellow Devil fans and players we are all sad from this outcome. We all cheer for our beloved schools but, we always have a place in our hearts for every single athelete in Greene County whether its Greeneville HS or SG, CD or WG... a lot of these kids are friends and have played together at some point in their lives. All parents want nothing but success and happiness for everyones son or daughter. The Devils feel for those players on both teams that were affected by this and that we won't have our brothers coming with us to represent the BRAC and Greene county in the upcoming Regional. So, we will go in to the Regional representing all of us... We will do our very best to represent our conference to our fullest. You will be in our thoughts as we try and make it through the rest of the tournament. If anyone out there is interested in supporting the Devils in their quest they will play on Monday the 14th at Dale Alexander...Time not sure yet. Good luck to those SR's from all county schools on their next chapter in their lives...

Must have just been a bad day cause if I heard correct they finished toward the bottom of the conference in the season and Greeneville and Sg beat UNIcoI during season . Just a bad end for all of us in the tournament I guess ... go huskies

Roger that. It is a bad way for it to end for all the seniors especially. All the rest have some time to regroup. Personally, I would have liked to see a county team advance from Greene County, no matter which one it was. Just a strange and not good way for the BRAC this year. I do believe that Greeneville, SG and CD have very good teams, with Greeneville and SG losing lots of seniors so next year should be interesting with Cd having lots of underclassmen returning with varsity experience.

We had a good and fun season even with the disappointing end. And yes good luck to North "Greene, who will definitely be back next year (even though they aren't BRAC).

The state tourney just isn't as interesting now.