1A Final AP Poll

pegleg

I don't have a problem with Huntingdon ranked higher but really, Wayne County? SP had the 8th toughest schedule and WC had the 48th toughest. Huntingdon had the 9th toughest and swept it at 10-0.

Here is the top 10 in Class A (1a + 2a)

Thanks for the edit. It was kinda hard to follow the first time. I guess Wayne County's undefeated record has somthing to do with it. I wonder if these polls take injuries into account.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with Huntingdon ranked higher but really, Wayne County? SP had the 8th toughest schedule and WC had the 48th toughest. Huntingdon had the 9th toughest and swept it at 10-0.

Not WC's fault. Chester Co (4A) and Lewis Co (3A) both dropped WC this year. Both are in the playoffs in their classification. WC has destroyed everyone but Mt. Pleasant (28-24) and PC (21-6). Maybe you're respect for Huntingdon and disrespect for WC is merited, but we'll see when they play each other (that's if Huntingdon gets past PC....and for the record, I don't think they will).

Not WC's fault. Chester Co (4A) and Lewis Co (3A) both dropped WC this year. Both are in the playoffs in their classification. WC has destroyed everyone but Mt. Pleasant (28-24) and PC (21-6). Maybe you're respect for Huntingdon and disrespect for WC is merited, but we'll see when they play each other (that's if Huntingdon gets past PC....and for the record, I don't think they will).

Not disrespecting Wayne County nor did I say it was your fault that the 2 teams didn't play you. However, you didn't have to play up to fill out a 10 game schedule either.

Not disrespecting Wayne County nor did I say it was your fault that the 2 teams didn't play you. However, you didn't have to play up to fill out a 10 game schedule either.

Well maybe disrespect was too strong, but your statement was, "I don't have a problem with Huntingdon ranked higher but really, Wayne County?"..

No, you don't have to play up, but the only good 1A-2A teams around here we already play. We tried to up the ante there by traveling to play Union City and Cascade this year and we handled those 2 easy and both are in the playoffs in 1A and 2A respectively.....we just need to at least get to Ckville to prove we're real.

I understand what your saying but we have 7 region games that we have to play so, that only leaves us three spots to fill and Chester Co. and Lewis Co. both said that it was bad that a 1A school beats up on them consecutive years and the games not mean anything so they dropped us. All we can do is play who will play us. Trust me if we could go without playin teams like Richland, C'ville, and Loretto.... we would play better teams but 6 out of 10 on our schedule made the playoffs, so....

I understand what your saying but we have 7 region games that we have to play so, that only leaves us three spots to fill and Chester Co. and Lewis Co. both said that it was bad that a 1A school beats up on them consecutive years and the games not mean anything so they dropped us. All we can do is play who will play us. Trust me if we could go without playin teams like Richland, C'ville, and Loretto.... we would play better teams but 6 out of 10 on our schedule made the playoffs, so....

There really is no need to put any stock into these poles... And I'm a die hard Mustang fan. It's playoff time. Time to put up or shut up. Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders.

I don't understand why you punish a team, in 1A, for playing out of their classification and loosing. That's one of my gripes about the pole system.

Here's an overview of Huntindon's schedule for what it's worth. It really means nothing now, but anyway...

(2A) Decatar County Riverside (4-6) W 28-7

@(2A) Peabody (4-6) W 34-7

@(1A) Hollow Rock-Bruceton (4-6)D W 38-6

(1A) Union City (4-6) W 55-20

(1A) West Carroll (6-4)D W 49-0

@(3A) Camden (8-2) W 28-13

(1A) Gleason (5-5)D W 42-6

@(3A) Milan (9-1) W 24-13

(2A) McKenzie (6-4)D W 35-0

@(2A) Dresden (8-2)D W 42-13

All 10 teams are in the Playoffs, BTW

There really is no need to put any stock into these poles... And I'm a die hard Mustang fan. It's playoff time. Time to put up or shut up. Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders.

I don't understand why you punish a team, in 1A, for playing out of their classification and loosing. That's one of my gripes about the pole system.

Here's an overview of Huntindon's schedule for what it's worth. It really means nothing now, but anyway...

(2A) Decatar County Riverside (4-6) W 28-7

@(2A) Peabody (4-6) W 34-7

@(1A) Hollow Rock-Bruceton (4-6)D W 38-6

(1A) Union City (4-6) W 55-20

(1A) West Carroll (6-4)D W 49-0

@(3A) Camden (8-2) W 28-13

(1A) Gleason (5-5)D W 42-6

@(3A) Milan (9-1) W 24-13

(2A) McKenzie (6-4)D W 35-0

@(2A) Dresden (8-2)D W 42-13

All 10 teams are in the Playoffs, BTW

I don't understand it either, but Wayne Co. played who they could play and who would play them, and won all their games, but 2 of them, in a convincing way. So, how can you say that they aren't worthy but I honestly don't care cause I agree with you....it's playoff time...win or go home!

I don't understand it either, but Wayne Co. played who they could play and who would play them, and won all their games, but 2 of them, in a convincing way. So, how can you say that they aren't worthy but I honestly don't care cause I agree with you....it's playoff time...win or go home!

Oh, I'm not saying Wayne Co. isn't worthy, they are just as worthy of anybody. When I look at our schedule, I'm not seeing tough like I'm use to seeing when we had Martin Westview, Humboldt, Milan, and Camden every year...

Definetly not a teams fault for playing their District or Region... It is what it is...

I've just never been a fan of ranking HS sports...

There's never going to be a pole, where everybody agrees...